Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Went and listened to some of the music from the first game again. That soundtrack was really lightning in a bottle, wasn't it? I mean, the sequels aren't exactly slouches, but that first OST, drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

True. On the other hand, We Love Katamari has a song performed entirely by animal noises.

Lonely Rolling Star
Mar 20, 2009

Better than a crowbar.
Bet you'd never guess what my favorite game franchise is wouldja? Which is funny since I haven't actually played any of the sequels past We Love Katamari. I'm one of the weirdos who actually enjoyed the co-op in We Love Katamari, and with my co-op partner probably logged in over 100 hours breaking the game over our knees.

Liking the chill feeling of this. Think the only video of anything Katamari related I've seen online was just some Youtubers doing the usual lolrandom riff on gameplay and shrieking. So I haven't seen anyone play through the games with any sort of informed voice.

So seeing Katamari Forever is a new experience certainly. If you happened to need co commentator volunteers, I have the prospective of a vet of the first two titles while knowing practically nothing of this version.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's all very good, but I must protest: You're not singing along with the background music.

This is in fact what I said on the first page, but since you didn't read subtitles you couldn't understand it.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Went and listened to some of the music from the first game again. That soundtrack was really lightning in a bottle, wasn't it? I mean, the sequels aren't exactly slouches, but that first OST, drat.

I am always saddened that Que Sera Sera is not in Forever.

poorlywrittennovel
Oct 9, 2012

FPzero posted:

I am always saddened that Que Sera Sera is not in Forever.

Forever does have the best rendition of the main theme though, so there is that.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I absolutely love this series; it's so goddamn fun to play. Maybe it's the visual evidence of your progress, I dunno, or maybe the wanton destruction you cause to the just-realistic enough setting, but it's ridiculously fulfilling to just make a giant ball of stuff and start rolling up hilariously large (and insane) items while the world around you gradually gets destroyed.

By the way, here's the full version of the title theme.

Oh, and gently caress the cowbear level. I don't remember if it's this game where you have to wait for like 4 things to come out of a garage or something similar to even get a shot at grabbing a specific present, but I know that it's on a cowbear level.

poorlywrittennovel
Oct 9, 2012

Hey guess what, it's new update time! Joining me for this video is Blastinus. The first post has been updated with the new cousin from the level and his drawing.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
The sweets level was first in We :h: Katamari. I believe that the 'collect' levels don't have shooting stars associated with them. I know that the ones where you roll up a katamari to a certain size does have the shooting star in them.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

IAmTheRad posted:

The sweets level was first in We :h: Katamari. I believe that the 'collect' levels don't have shooting stars associated with them. I know that the ones where you roll up a katamari to a certain size does have the shooting star in them.

Well, to be fair, all I know about Katamari is stuff I picked up from this thread and streams. Dunno what PW's excuse is.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Boss... King... We do not see much difference.

poorlywrittennovel
Oct 9, 2012

FPzero posted:

Boss... King... We do not see much difference.

Curse you for remembering a conversation we had like a year ago at this point. That we still have at least like once a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poorlywrittennovel
Oct 9, 2012

Hey, so I've hit a pretty big delay because my computer I was using to make the videos broke. Updates will resume when I've got the replacement set up.

• Locked thread