Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

*spits*

*throws sword into arena*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

I sent this last night but forgot to add my availability. I'm usually available and around a computer between 7pm-12am during the week. Weekends and Tuesdays are more erratic but I'll almost always be able to at least phone post even if I'm not able to give it my full attention.

Exakt please assume my availability is the exact opposite of this person.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Roydrowsy posted:

i just sent in my flavor answers.
it might just be the oddest thing i've written in a long, long, long time.

The oddest thing I have ever written was a continuing series, starting at 1, where I add two to the previous number.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

see these are funny. :colbert:

Sum math jokes are terrible, when they don't add up.

CCKeane fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jul 18, 2015

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

Scumteam spotted.

Hey everyone Ecco keeps PMing me with "check the doc!!!" I thought you weren't supposed to PM players thanks god bless.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EXAKT Science posted:

We just need one more player and PMom's flavor and I can start doing PMs. If we can get that by the end of today, I can launch on Tuesday.

Pmom's flavor is that he is a fart warrior that does battle by stunning his foes with particularly stinky farts.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

*sniffs air*

Somebody fart?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Gladiators traditionally ate a lot of barley, and gladiators were supposed to be kind of fat.

Basically what I am saying is all of us should be fat dudes farting constantly.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The new flavor of this game is "farts"

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

Ok I guess I'll do the thing because im not in any games.

CPig can be the fart warrior.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm not really interested in talking about myself, sorry.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

hey keane if you don't want to talk about yourself that's okay buuuut have you considered talking about someone else instead? like me. talk about me, I like being talked about. About whom being talked?

I can't say I am terribly interested in talking about you either?

Not that I really care, but did day one officially start yet?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

Greetings, friends. I am from the woods.

What is it that you like to talk about?

I don't really care.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

Hail fellow Gladiators, I have come from Roman district XII to lay some whoopass on all you jokers.

I will be the most famous Roman Rapper of all time.

John Cena is pretty boring, IMO.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

i'm home and confirming that i'm vt.

How boring.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

Man I aint no John Cena

Still don't care!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

Keane is Apathius Maximus the most meh :shrug: of all warriors.

Sounds accurate.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

Keane doesn't care.

Its good that someone can fill in for me.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

My theme song is 4'33"

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I hope the first mod challenge is erotic massage, since I don't care about Exakt's strange smells.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

You can vote me if you want, King B. I don't really have a strong opinion on that.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

Are you not entertained?

I have never been entertained.

Not once.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I just don't give a poo poo about what is happening.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Maybe death would be exciting.

I doubt it, though.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

I think this post sufficiently proves Anarc is scum. I'm happy to be as invested in scum hunting as murmur is.

Seems legit.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

Alternatively, Anarc: What part of bolding the words "good" and "hope" and saying "voila, scum!" do you think is actual scumhunting.

Hope is pretty scummy, if you are interested in being fair. Or not, whatever.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

While I appreciate that people thought my case on Keane was genuine, I'm curious how people took it seriously when I took the above quote and pasted it as

I'm sure people have figured this out at this point but the goal was just to put out something for people to react to and judge accordingly.

##vote KB

What do you think of Narco? Please tell me, I am bored.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

I feel that the whole goal of Mafia is to take things that are open to interpretation and to draw correct conclusions from them. Jokephase (and the challenges) don't necessarily give anything to analyze, so recently I've been opening games with bad cases to see what happens.

My vote wasn't based on your changing your opinion of Keane, it was based on your liking a bad case that supported your opinion (which made me think it may be fabricated). While I'm not sure what you mean by "flailing", I admit the vote is as flimsy as D1 cases usually are.

I kind of feel like you're doing to PMom what you're accusing PMom of doing to me? He voted on me for making a bad case, but I don't think it would make sense for him to go all-in on it given that it was the only case that had been made at the time.

If you don't want to answer my question about Narco, I don't really care, but I think it could be helpful.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

yuming posted:

25 posts is a lot :/ I don't think I have that much to say.

Tell me about it, it is hard to get motivated sometimes.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

For what it's worth, I've either opened with an intentionally bad case or steadfastly agreed with someone else's clear joking case in my last few games as a way to segue out of jokephase.

WIFOA (I was scum)
Gnomefia (I was town)
League II (I was town)
Open Concept Mafia (I was town)

My case was a joke, though (see also: where I intentionally changed the context of one of his quotes to fit my case). My read is that Keane's flavor is that of an apathetic adventurer, not that he's actually trying (and failing) to make us think he's emotionless. I thought your vote was a joke too, until you said you liked my case. Also, I wouldn't call PMom/CPigs votes on me without further explanation "pressure", at least not after the first case of the game.

I can't say that I care that you are ignoring me, but it is curious that you're not giving opinions on Narco.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

What is with Goo thinking KB is town? I don't get it. I don't get a lot of things. Whatever.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

OmegaGoo posted:

Works for me. I still didn't want to end up hated, but that's a different problem entirely.

Goo are you scum?

*long wistful sigh*

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote: Goo

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

OmegaGoo posted:

The other thing I'd like to clarify is that lynching people who are talking a lot on D1 doesn't sit well with me. Once again, regardless of alignment, a person who talks more is a hell of a lot more useful in long run than someone who doesn't talk at all. That is the main reason King should not be lynched (I also think he's town, but that's a different point).

And for the love of all that is good and moneymaking, Keane, explain that vote!

Also, my bet on Roy is the main bit in our interaction here, I could ask the same questions of Narc and QPQ. Did it look like they were actively trying to win?

I don't care to.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Goo Roy scum team.

Someone should probably do something about it. *shrugs*

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

OmegaGoo posted:

The other thing I'd like to clarify is that lynching people who are talking a lot on D1 doesn't sit well with me. Once again, regardless of alignment, a person who talks more is a hell of a lot more useful in long run than someone who doesn't talk at all. That is the main reason King should not be lynched (I also think he's town, but that's a different point).

And for the love of all that is good and moneymaking, Keane, explain that vote!

Also, my bet on Roy is the main bit in our interaction here, I could ask the same questions of Narc and QPQ. Did it look like they were actively trying to win?

Someone's awfully concerned about a vote on them.

Feeling feelings is scummy IMO.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

OmegaGoo posted:

I'm awfully concerned about a vote on me because of my Hated status, rather than any other reason.

Nope, I don't think that is the case.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

It bothers me that with so much ink spilled on CCKeane so far about hiding through flavour posting, the Bartleby act and the possibility that he is invested in the game nobody has really noticed this:

All those arguments about feelings and whatnot were pretty but voting a Hated player for no reason is the scummiest act I have seen today. ##vote CCKeane

Why shouldn't I vote a player I think is scummy?

Vote me all you want, no skin off my nose.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Goo is hated which means what about their alignment?

Please tell me, Birdstrike, maybe it will pique my interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Come on, birdstrike.

We're all friends here.

Tell me why Goo is town.

• Locked thread