Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Hello I am here for the tourniquet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I flew back from Singapore for this?

No wait I mean

I flew back from Singapore for this! Woo! confirm pm received time to rock'n'roll

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
So this whole fighting to the death thing, have we considered... not doing that? Wouldn't that be great?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CCKeane posted:

I'm not really interested in talking about myself, sorry.

No problem, I'm happy to talk about you.

Keane's strategy is to blind us all with beauty, watch out everyone.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
EccoRaven doesn't want people to know she's actually EccoCrow.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Groaaaan

I secretly love puns

Secret's out now, cap'n.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

imgay posted:

I meant unbelievable but phone had other ideas

Lying is anti-town.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EXAKT Science posted:

I din't realize this was the Tournament of Crickets!

I can't hear you, you're too far away. That's okay though, I'll just keep running a little bit further.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EXAKT Science posted:

People can, and are in fact encouraged to, post outside of mod challenges :colbert:

Are you not entertained?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
This merkamania fellow sure is tanned.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##challenge

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

imgay posted:

I guess merk was all talk and no bite, not signing up

:dogbutton:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

imgay posted:

I believe this is an endurance challenge for whoever is still awake whenever EXACT posts it

:getin:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
:henget:

you can't deny it meek

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Birdstrike posted:

:henget:

you can't deny it meek

that should say merk but I feel that the meek are equally unable to deny it, if not more so

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
halp I am stuck in the mud!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Goodnight imgay

sleep tight pupper

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Thanks for running Exakt, I had fun.

##vote EccoRaven be more appreciative of the mod.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##unvote

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

TMMadman posted:

The best part was when Pig thought he had a free run at a key and I sniped it from him by jumping a pit!

That was a boss move.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Roydrowsy posted:

Why would Goo want me to win? What are you talking about Goo?

Also, it was never my intention to win the game, it was my goal to finish with a key in hand and get an "item" as a result.

I did what I had intended to do. If you were invested in my victory, you might have wanted to say something.

Hey... Didn't goo become hated? Perhaps they have a way to wager on these contests. Could that be it?

Is Goo the Pete Rose of Mafia?

This Omega-Roy exchange stands out to me so far. Roy doesn't so much ask whether Omega being hated is the result of a bet as he seems to know in advance what Omega's flavour is.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CCKeane posted:

Goo are you scum?

*long wistful sigh*

I thought you didn't care?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Roydrowsy posted:

Maybe I am just really smart?

Yeah maybe.
I was thinking in the circumstances I would have asked OmegaGoo before reaching that conclusion, but as I said in the challenge doc I am a stupido.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

imgay posted:

Woah, reported your IP to the police for use of illegal narcotics.

##vote imgay see what happens to snitches round here

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

imgay posted:

I guess drugs are legal for you ex-prison state Australians. Too bad you'll never be able to play Mortal Kombat uncensored though.

We're still a prison state tbh

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

QuoProQuid posted:

Upon revisiting this post, I think I can better explain why it set me off. The first three lines strike me as defensive. There's no reason for Roy to distance himself from Goo, nor any reason to explain his motives in last night's challenge. While claiming "it was never my intention to win the game" appears to be pro-town, it doesn't make sense on second thought. What sort of player would not play to win? Protection from the lynch is protection from the lynch. Saying that you had no intent to win is defending behavior that needs no defending.

I don't think you get to question anyone's intent to win after you sat in the corner after picking up an item key.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
CCKeane is Bartleby the Scrivener.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Roydrowsy posted:

right?
you picked up a key and pretty much walked off. at least i explained why i did what i did.

My comment wasn't directed at you it was directed at QPQ because I was salty he took my key.

I don't feel analysing the effort in the challenge is conducive to scum hunting, I will look more at some of the slap fights we have had so far.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Murmur set up a case on Keane (who I'll get to soon) that she admitted selectively editing for the purpose of having people misread it and then used people misreading it, like she intended, as a basis for scum reads.

That whole line of arguments was just poor.

Also yuming, I reread Ecco and my take is she threw out a bunch of unsupported votes and was mainly joke posting. I understand that people can see that as scummy but not me I am from the wrong hemisphere. She voted opop because he joke posted I think, the whole thing doesn't make sense to me.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
It bothers me that with so much ink spilled on CCKeane so far about hiding through flavour posting, the Bartleby act and the possibility that he is invested in the game nobody has really noticed this:

CCKeane posted:

##vote: Goo

All those arguments about feelings and whatnot were pretty but voting a Hated player for no reason is the scummiest act I have seen today. ##vote CCKeane

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CCKeane posted:

Why shouldn't I vote a player I think is scummy?

Vote me all you want, no skin off my nose.

You should vote and if you have a good reason that you share with town they can support you an hopefully vote out a scum.

Without saying anything though it looks like an opportunistic vote on a player that's -1 to lynch.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CCKeane posted:

Come on, birdstrike.

We're all friends here.

Tell me why Goo is town.

I won't because I'm not convinced that he is.

garthoneeye posted:

This makes sense to me. I no longer have a problem with your vote. I'm still not sure if Goo is scum, but i buy your reasoning.

Pretty much this ##unvote

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CCKeane posted:

So you're not convinced that he is, but you seem pretty defensive of somebody voting him.

Baring in mind that, with my vote and his hated status, it would have taken 7 more votes to off him, why the concern? I just can't fathom caring about such a thing.

My concern wasn't so much about OmegaGoo as about you, and my read has gone from "potential opportunistic scum voter" to "having a case more solid than the Murmur/KB/AnonNarc circus."

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Someone cares about you Keane even if you don't care about yourself. :monar:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EccoRaven posted:

birdstrike I'm finding it hard to break into this game, but I am getting the Towniest Town read from you, so I am going to blindly trust you all game.

who should I vote for???

Hey Ecco I am now freaked out and I feel I am doing something wrong.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CCKeane posted:

Well you quoted an ecco post, so now they get to eat your eyes, sorry about that.

drat I was just starting to love them.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EccoRaven posted:

if you disagree say so.

well, I guess the eyes have it

birdstrike I think we should vote for... I like keane's case on goo. Do you?

You know I actually do.
Another thing which pings me is the fixation on the behaviour of people in the challenge, which is a convenient way to have game related discussions without scum hunting.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I can see situations where something like Murmur's gambit would be useful. For example if you have an investigation result to clear a scummy-looking town, you might build a case on them and see who follows with the intent of exposing a scum or two.

One situation where this absolutely doesn't work is D1 so I think the shame rests with MurmurTwin most of all.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Murmur Twin posted:

Good morning all!

When you say "absolutely doesn't work", what do you think my intent was in making the case in the first place?

I have no idea. It doesn't strike me as scummy in itself, I just think that turning around at people and saying "ha ha you fell for my fake case" without knowing whether or not that case was correct or not is absurd.
At the time you posted you couldn't have evidence that Keane isn't scum. The exercise might have had value in showing who would follow bad cases, but it doesn't support any conclusions as to alignment.

Sorry that's wordier than I hoped I'm tired and about to sleep, be back in a few hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CapitalistPig posted:

I agree

##vote yuming

More scummy than Ecco?

• Locked thread