Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
I'm in and will be adding flavor in a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

CCKeane posted:

The oddest thing I have ever written was a continuing series, starting at 1, where I add two to the previous number.

Yohoho, it is a math joke.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

nah I'm scum and I still haven't gotten my PM

Sounds familiar.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

I can confirm I am here to make money!

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Birdstrike posted:

So this whole fighting to the death thing, have we considered... not doing that? Wouldn't that be great?

I will consider this if you give me all the gold on your person, all the gold you have in the bank, and an item or three.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

I mean, seriously. It's a fighting tournament. You, me, us, them, someone's fighting, and someone's gonna win the prize!

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

CCKeane posted:

My theme song is 4'33"

This explains everything.

Hello folks, I am Zebedar the Eloquent, and I am here to earn some money.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

I find your faith disheartening.

I am very excited about these "challenges".

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Punny.

Did you hear about the bicycle race? I hear the prize was a lifetime supply of hard candies. What was its name? Tour en Mint?

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Ugh. I appear to have misplaced my bet.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Um, whoops.

On a related note, dammit Roy! You were supposed to win!

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

AAAAAAAnd I just noticed you're the only person with a vote on me. Somehow this makes narrative sense.

Please don't hate me forever.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

TMMadman posted:

Also, I have the only vote on Roy and I won.

Clearly I should have bet on you!

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Yes, but I am tired and screwed up my (in-game) day already! I'll see what happens (realtime) tomorrow!

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

Did I miss where you placed a bet? With whom / on what / for what?

OmegaGoo posted:

Ugh. I appear to have misplaced my bet.

EXAKT Science posted:

OmegaGoo is now Hated and requires one fewer vote to execute!

I didn't have a lot of time to get my bet in, so I picked whomever was closest to a key at the time. Great job Roy!

Roydrowsy posted:

I think Goo is the gambler from "Kenny Roger's The Gambler"

Yeah, pretty much.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Roydrowsy posted:

Why would Goo want me to win? What are you talking about Goo?

Also, it was never my intention to win the game, it was my goal to finish with a key in hand and get an "item" as a result.

I did what I had intended to do. If you were invested in my victory, you might have wanted to say something.

So what was your reasoning here? I understand items are nice, and hell, they might help town in general, but why not try to actually win?

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Trying to keep 16 different people's posts straight has been rather difficult.

Opop is seeming scummy to me for the same reason as in WIFOA... which means he could be town. I know for a fact my scumdar needs work, so as of right now that's a null-leaning-town there.

MMT is doing that thing that promotes discussion. Regardless of alignment, that's a pro-town thing. Null-leaning-town there.

I want my question to Roy answered. Nothing yet there.

KingB is town.

Considering my track record on betting, this might not be saying much, but I'll bet that one of Pmom or Keane is scum. Nothing solid there yet, so no vote from me yet.

TMM, aside from the glory, why did you want to win the challenge?

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

TMMadman posted:

The glory means nothing to me. I fight because the fight needs to be fought!

:allears:

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Omega why are you so sure KB is town?

Can anyone be 100% sure?

My reasons are that his case against MMT is pretty good and founded in sane logic. To be fair, a followup look will be required. The main point is that King makes no sense as a D1 lynch.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

TMMadman posted:

Is this sarcastic?

Wasn't intended to be. I really did like that answer.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Roydrowsy posted:

I had a few reasons.
First- getting the crown means you can't be executed today, or lynched. That is great and all but the odds of that happening are like 1 in 17.

So I can work really, really hard and fight to win something that I have a 1 in 17 chance of needing, that works for one day, or i can work a little less hard and win a mystery item. The big prize didn't seem worth it.

I think I made the right choice as my does not expire, and ultimately will have more use to the town than being unlynchable for day one.

Works for me. I still didn't want to end up hated, but that's a different problem entirely.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

The other thing I'd like to clarify is that lynching people who are talking a lot on D1 doesn't sit well with me. Once again, regardless of alignment, a person who talks more is a hell of a lot more useful in long run than someone who doesn't talk at all. That is the main reason King should not be lynched (I also think he's town, but that's a different point).

And for the love of all that is good and moneymaking, Keane, explain that vote!

Also, my bet on Roy is the main bit in our interaction here, I could ask the same questions of Narc and QPQ. Did it look like they were actively trying to win?

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

QuoProQuid posted:

you are just mad because i ate you

and my point is, "why defend yourself for something that doesn't need to be defended?" Saying "oh noooooo, i didn't really want to win" just comes off as superficially townie to me imho.

I actually asked a question similar to that of you:

OmegaGoo posted:

Also, my bet on Roy is the main bit in our interaction here, I could ask the same questions of Narc and QPQ. Did it look like they were actively trying to win?

Mind you, it was horribly indirect, so I understand if you missed it.

My question is thus: "Why didn't you try to win?"

Same to you, Anarc.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I did try to win and I was drat close. I definitely wouldn't have wasted 4 hours on a challenge to not try and win.

That's what I wanted to know, and I figured that was the case. Apologies for making a minor accusation without information.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

garthoneeye posted:

I think Merk is face Hogan and not heel Hollywood Hulk Hogan.

Has this guy actually posted much of anything?

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Yeah, so I'd vote for Yuming, Merk, or Garth, just based on amount of content. (Yeah yeah, replacements and such, but still).

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

TMMadman posted:

Segur appreciates your efforts in the challenge last night. He knows you grew irritated and is pleased that you toughed it out. A true combatant!

The more you do this, the more certain I am that betting on you the future is a good option!

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

So, for D1 votes, is the appearance of substance without actual substance usually a tipoff?

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

CCKeane posted:

I don't care to.

... Seriously? I'm not for OMGUSing, but you are seriously scummy man.

##vote Keane

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

CCKeane posted:

Someone's awfully concerned about a vote on them.

Feeling feelings is scummy IMO.

I'm awfully concerned about a vote on me because of my Hated status, rather than any other reason.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

CCKeane posted:

In conclusion, I don't really care too much, vote me off, whatever.

So it takes someone other than me asking you to justify your vote to justify your vote? That's obnoxious and doesn't help anyone but yourself.

It irritates me that in one post you've basically tripled the content you've contributed.

As for the OMGUS, it sure as hell isn't one. You voted me without cause, refused to interact with anyone, then, when I asked you to explain yourself, proceeded to ignore me until asked by Birdstrike. You are scummy as gently caress.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

CCKeane posted:

Why am I scummy enough to vote?

I voted you for three reasons:

1) You weren't really posting anything that looked like content.

2) You voted me without interacting with me or even mentioning me at any point except

CCKeane posted:

Goo are you scum?

*long wistful sigh*

Which had nothing to do with anything I had been talking about, since I was talking about my ROLE INTERACTIONS, which, of course, have earned me the Hated status. You think I'd be willing to risk that status if I was scum?

3) You blatantly shut down my questioning about your vote. I had no interest in voting you until you decided that you weren't going to interact with me further until I did.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

CCKeane posted:

You don't need to interact with somebody to say if they are scum or not, so those points all seem pretty silly. If I was amused by silly things I might chortle.

Noted. I'll keep that in mind for future games.

Birdstrike posted:

You know I actually do.
Another thing which pings me is the fixation on the behaviour of people in the challenge, which is a convenient way to have game related discussions without scum hunting.

*sigh*

It's more relevant to my role mechanics than anything else that has happened this game, so I apologize for fixating on something I get to play with.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

CCKeane posted:

Goo you also never answered my question when I asked if you were scum, I imagine some people (not myself) would find that very upsetting.

Not even acknowledging somebody asking you a direct question, for shame.

I'm not scum.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

This post feels scummy to me:

(a) the actual scum calls on Keane and PMom aren't explained, and are kind of tacked onto the end of
(b) saying Opop is scummy, and then calling him (and me) null-lean-town
(c) saying KB is town (which, as mentioned before, I am inherently suspicious of)
(d) reiterating/asking questions to Roy/TMM that don't really have anything to do with scumhunting (to me it's natural that people would try and go for items/victory in the challenge regardless of flavor/alignment)

Goo: Why PMom and why not Opop for scum? Take me through the evolution on your reads there.

So now that I'm less frustrated by my inability to post properly, let me post something that probably isn't going to help my case any.

1) This is my 3rd (2nd really. WIFOA doesn't count) game on SA. Apparently I'm out of practice from my previous experience.

2) My logic is inconsistent, but goes something like this: "My read on this guy is X, but I'm terrible at reading, so I must be wrong. Therefore, they are actually Y." Again, that logic has been used inconsistently without me noticing until now.

3) No matter what I do at this point, I am going to look like I am waffling on my opinions, and that's my own drat fault for not thinking things through.

4) I have explained my stance on Keane. Apparently that's a "silly" case.
My case on Pmom is approximately the same. Apparently not explaining a vote isn't inherently scummy, though, so perhaps I am wrong.

5) Your case on KingB sucks for D1. Again, I could be wrong, since I appear to always be wrong.

6) To be fair, (d) is rather important, but still got me a bunch of relevant info for my role, rather than for town. I do apologize for focusing on the wrong things, though.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

CCKeane posted:

2) My logic is inconsistent, but goes something like this: "My read on this guy is X, but I'm terrible at reading, so I must be wrong. Therefore, they are actually Y." Again, that logic has been used inconsistently without me noticing until now.

Can you explain this a bit more? It is pretty confusing, and I tend to quickly lose interest in things I find confusing.

That was my reasoning on the Opop and MMT.

Basically, I know from previous experience that I am absolutely terrible at reading scum. I'm ok at townreads, but poo poo at scumreads. So, whenever I think someone must be scum, I figure I'm wrong and use that as a weak townread.

On the other hand, in a misguided attempt to improve, I decided to stick with a pair of scumreads I had without considering that I could have been wrong. Thus, Keane and PMom.

Anyway, a misguided OMGUS is still an OMGUS. ##unvote

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Yeah, I realized that after I had time to cool off. Frustration does stupid things to my brain.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

A trifecta?

Well, ok, here's what I'm going to throw out there:

As established, I am terrible at scumreads. So instead of "who do I think is scum", I'm going to tell you "who do I think is the least town". Same results, different thought process.

PMom: posting, but giving little information, occasionally empty-quoting him(her?)self. Does that make them scum? Not necessarily, but I don't see how that actually helps town regardless.

Merk: I understand this is normal for him? Whatever, I still don't like it.

imgay: PMom, except even less relevant. The one content-related thing he's said is "I don't like cases on D1 because needless rhetoric tends to be townread, even though scum do it all the time." Which, while an actual good point, is still the only thing he's said.

garthoneeye posted:

Right, but then you explained your vote.

His defense made no mention of your subsequent explanation.

I was asked to "explain my vote using information that occurred before I made my vote". While my explanation occurred after his explanation, his explanation occurred after my vote.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

this isn't normal for merk, and i have tons of content tyvm :colbert:

You have two cases, one of which is the majority of your content... and it's a slapfight with opop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

sure, but my cases are on scum.

I have no problem with the cases; I have a problem with the slapfight.

• Locked thread