Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I'm in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

CCKeane posted:

The oddest thing I have ever written was a continuing series, starting at 1, where I add two to the previous number.

I can't even!

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Confirming!

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Tmm why aren't you hounding merk about his flavor?

I think Merk is face Hogan and not heel Hollywood Hulk Hogan.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Sorry, I haven't posted much yet.

I am a fairly low post count player combined with being away from my computer all day.

In the Murmur Twin-King Burgundy spat I side mostly with Murmur.
I feel KB's posts don't follow from what he quotes Murmur.

He claims Murmur's reasonings have been inconsistent, but I don't think that's true.
Murmur's suspicion of King Burgundy began from an agreement of a bad argument and that opinion hasn't changed.

Either KB has been misreading Murmur consistently or he is intentionally misinterpreting Murmur to try and shake suspicion.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Yuming asked if anyone felt Ecco was scummy, but I don't know why.

Rereading Ecco I didn't notice anything that jumped out at me, so I don't know if it's a meta-read or just gut feelings or what.
I don't like that Yuming hasn't posted since (not that I can really talk there).

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

King Burgundy posted:

Which do you think it is?

I'm not sure yet. My first guess is misinterpretation. I don't get a scum vibe from you.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Sorry, i meant misreading.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I don't like QPQ's vote on Roy.
Roy's posts read very stream of consciousness to me and I think QPQ is reading the posts as if they are structured arguments.

I also feel that some of QPQ's posts feel like what he accused Roy of: posting for the sake of posting without having anything to say.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I agree with PMom that Opop seems to have a weird fixation on his posts.

I got the impression that PMom was throwing out gut reads from the immediate conversation and Opop reacted as if they were arguments that needed clarification.

PMom's posts only don't make sense if you read them without the context of the previous posts.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

CCKeane posted:

Goo is hated which means what about their alignment?

Please tell me, Birdstrike, maybe it will pique my interest.

I'm pretty sure that Birdstrike's point is that votes on hated players make it easier for scum to get a mislynch.
It looks like a particularly bad vote when you don't give a good argument for it.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

ANarc"s posting is weird.
She attacks Imgay for shitposting which is Imgay's MO, but then seems to let him off the hook for his first semi-game related post.

When called out on it, she then tries to act as if she wasn't implying that Imgay had started to contribute.

I don't know how to feel about her post about Murmur.
She defends a terrible case and then tries to act as if the resulting posting about said case somehow validates her defence.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

CCKeane posted:

This is a post that a scum would make. Nothing meaningful is said and everything is qualified heavily. The strongest statement is a declaration that KingB is town, which they immediately walked back when questioned.

This makes sense to me. I no longer have a problem with your vote. I'm still not sure if Goo is scum, but i buy your reasoning.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I think it's a little unfair to bash Goo for focusing on the challenge considering it's his flavor and people asked him about it.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

QuoProQuid posted:

Also, lurker votes are baaaaaaaad.

Why do you think lurker votes are bad?

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

This is my second game of forum Mafia. I've played a fair bit of IRL werewolf.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

OmegaGoo posted:

4) I have explained my stance on Keane. Apparently that's a "silly" case.
My case on Pmom is approximately the same. Apparently not explaining a vote isn't inherently scummy, though, so perhaps I am wrong.

Your vote on Keane wasn't necessarily bad. Your defense of the vote was bad since you brought up his not giving his reasoning after he gave his reasoning.

Not explaining your vote to the person you're voting for makes sense because if they are scum, you aren't letting them know how to avoid more suspicion.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

CCKeane posted:

Whoa what? You called me out for this.

Right, but then you explained your vote.

His defense made no mention of your subsequent explanation.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

CCKeane posted:

But I thought you said I didn't have to explain my vote, because that would tip off scum as to how they are acting scummy.

I don't think you have to explain your vote to the person you're voting for if they press you.

I think explaining votes in general supports town, but I don't care if you explain your vote if the only person asking is the target.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

CCKeane posted:

This is continuing the trend I highlighted before of Goo qualifying his reads and walking them back.

Note his read on PMom isn't scum, but "not town"

To be fair, he has said he doesn't trust his scum reads so he instead talks about people he isn't sure are town.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I don't mind PMom's style. He gives reasons he thinks people are scum, then lets the targets potentially hang themselves.

There's no use in continuing to pound the same case; just let your cases stand for themselves and remind people of who you think are scum.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

I don't want to dunk Goo today. His reads are self-conscious, but they don't read like scummy self-conscious.

I agree. Right now I lean towards ANarc.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

The case I like the best is still the one on ANarc, so I'm going to go ahead and ##vote Anarc

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

King Burgundy posted:

I find this opinion really weird and I don't agree with it, fwiw.

I worded that really inelegantly.

I mostly meant that I don't see a refusal to engage with your vote target as inherently scummy.

CCKeane's ignoring Goo's request for a vote explanation didn't ping me as scummy, particularly when he did respond to other's questions.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I'm also here.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

for iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S

Hahahahahahahaha

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I'm here

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

##vote yuming

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Birdstrike posted:

I did some revision from the perspective of AnonNarc being scum, it would make me more comfortable about Ecco being town. I think Keane is town anyway.

If AnonNarc flips scum it makes garth's last minute switch into town yuming look worse.

imgay's posting does not give me hints as to his alignment.

I flipped because I thought a no-lynch would have been worse for the town and there was no way ANarc was getting lynched by that time.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Murmur Twin posted:

Can someone who isn't KB go over my case on him?

Your case on KB seems to be that KB is throwing out votes based on gut reads and doesn't make an effort to explain where those reads are coming from.

I haven't read anything from KB that has struck me as scummy, but I agree that he should be providing more reasoning for his reads. At the very least be able to point to something more specific than apathy flavor posting.

Hey KB, can you elaborate on your reads?

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I don't like the votes on Pmom.

They both seem to be based on Pmom's consistent push to vote Narc, but they also imply that Pmom has given no actual reason for the vote.

I don't believe ANarc is the best vote today because I'd like to see how the Inventor claim works out, but I have yet to see a post from Anarc that has given me a strong town vibe.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I think the best case right now is the one on Goo.

Goo claims that his wishy-washy post style is because he's new to SA Mafia, but read him in Everyone is a Rolecop & Tracker.

He gives much better reasonings and his posts seem to have a more logical structure. He also doesn't give himself outs on his opinions nearly as much, except for the "I know I seem scummy" stuff.

I'm willing to vote for someone else if we can't get this done, but for right now ##vote Goo

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

King Burgundy posted:

Not 100% sure I'm going to make it back to the hotel in time after all. So. The only read I haven't elaborated on is qpq. That one is pure gut. I could go back and quote a few posts that bothered me but I couldn't explain why.

I know I'm a logic and thinking guy in mafia but I can still have gut reads. Especially when forced into doing a lot of this from my phone.

I'm actually not bothered by our gut reads, just seeing if you had anything more substantive.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

you not our

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Birdstrike posted:

I was thinking before the day started how much I disliked this garth's vote on OmegaGoo, especially this case post.

I understand referring to people's behaviour in previous games you've played with them, but garth wasn't even in this game.

Would vote garth today, waiting to see what happens with merk and AnonNarc now.

I referred to the game because I happened to have read it since it was an interesting premise. I remembered Goo's posting in it and it seemed different from his posting in this game.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

I don't really think you understand how this game works.

I'd be surprised if pinmom could use a power and an item on the same night.

I never said I was a commuter.

I'm not going to reveal the specifics of my role other than "sometimes stuff doesn't work on me."

Why would you be surprised? Every one with an ability can use one ability and one item each night as far as I know. Are you saying you don't think P Mom has an ability?

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Regarding Merk's theory, scum had a very similar power in Everyone's a role cop and tracker. In that game however, I believe if the scum used the carry kill it would kill the person the target visited as opposed to just revealing the killer as someone else.

This would still require Merk to have an item to visit two people. I think Merk is lying.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

Does it say that in the OP?

I probably missed it.

Have you also not been reading the thread? It's been mentioned multiple times particularly in reference to Imgay's results on Merk.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

merk posted:

Keane, I really don't have any interest in this game right now because I'm pretty sure that I'm going to get lynched and we'll ignore everything I say after I die anyway. That said, if you give me the power to direct your day kill, I will put 30 minutes into this game to find a scum. Given your softclaim, I will even ignore Ecco.

Why would we ignore what you say if you flip town after you die? I normally re read dead townies because they wouldn't have had an incentive to lie, so I can normally trust that they believe what they say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

While there is no reason to believe that dead townies had any definite knowledge,at the very least there would be little benefit to lying. So here is a synopsis of positions I noticed on a reread.

An accounting of the dead:

Yuming - disliked Ecco, disliked Anarc; merk made major case against yuming

TMMadman - voted Yuming, made slight mention of thinking Opop seemed scummy

OmegaGoo - D1 mentioned Opop, Pmom, Keane as possible scum, thought KB was town, voted Imgay; D2 thought QPQ and Opops yuming votes scummy, voted Anarc; CCkeane, Opop and I allmade cases against Goo

MurmurTwin- thought Anarc and Merk were scum, thought KB was scum, thought Ecco was scum, neutral on QPQ, defended Goo

PMom - thought ANarc was scum, disliked CPig; Cpig and Opop made cases against PMom thatI thought were weak

• Locked thread