Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Fish Cant Hold Gun posted:

It's really interesting and well made and has great music

If you like mildly dystopic character driven stories HEAVY on religious themes/symbolisms then it's for you

ill def check it out thanks man for the headsup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Egbert Souse posted:

The first two seasons were good, but I was like this after the ridiculous plot twist in the very last episode:

Dont care enough to watch the rest, whats the twist? Is he a robot?

Fish Cant Hold Gun
Jul 2, 2015

by Ralp
Claire wants a divorce

GASP

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Claire wants a divorce

GASP

The part before that.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

same, but game of thrones

Faux Mulder
Aug 1, 2014

just gonna do whatever I want to do, all the time

nerd death screech posted:

Netflix ruined arrested development and trailer park boys so honestly I never even gave this show a chance

AD sure but the new seasons of Trailer Park Boys have been loving outstanding.

anyway Netflix doesn't work like a broadcast network and it didn't 'ruin' any shows. They gave both AD and TPB basically free rein, which might account for AD sucking (since it's always wanted to be different and prides itself on metanarrative, and possibly needed at least *some* reining in) and TPB being good because that show's always just been the creators doing whatever the gently caress they want and I imagine that their process wasn't much different under Netflix. Then again AD might just have sucked because of the scheduling issues that it obviously underwent resulting in a season structure that simply didn't satisfy on any level.

its actually pretty interesting watching the ways shows change moving from network to streaming. the Yahoo season of Community was middling-to-good on the whole but without network interference there were way too many points where the show just disappeared up its own meta rear end in a top hat and crossed over into the realm of complete insufferability (possible other cause: playing to the loudest and worst elements of the Community/Dan Harmon fanbase). i think it's only recently that the audience is discovering that networks aren't the evil malign overlords that TV show writers convinced us they were, and that the occasional truly lovely network decisions, cancellations and censorships might actually have been a fair(ish) price to pay for keeping TV shows accessible to relatively wide audiences and stopping them from drowning in their own esoteria.

I couldn't stick with House Of Cards either even though I thought the two or three episodes I watched were pretty good. I just don't have time for three goddamn seasons of that. exactly what story does that show have to tell that requires thirty hours to properly convey

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Egbert Souse posted:

The part before that.

the clair thing is literally the only thing i remember, what was prior

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm posting this on my PlayStation® Vita®

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

I would eat at Freddy's restaurant though.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

Santheb posted:

I would eat at Freddy's restaurant though.

Agreed. The AmericanSouth.jpg thread made me think of that every single time that BBQ was brought up.

RaDaMaNt
Apr 24, 2012
I dropped it when he killed the dog. "I have no patience for useless things. Nuthin personnel" or something like that

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

RaDaMaNt posted:

I dropped it when he killed the dog. "I have no patience for useless things. Nuthin personnel" or something like that

That was in like, the first 30 seconds of the first episode, you are wiser than me.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I tried watching this thing and gave up roughly half way through the 1st season.

The entire show is "people being really into their job" and i honestly don't give a poo poo.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

its a loving retarded show. kevin spacey just lays down the smarm as thickly as possible as he easily rolls over anyone who opposes him because they are all idiots with massive flaws. then whenever something happen spacey turns to the camera and spells out exactly whats going on because god forbid you miss the subtle nuances like "democrat man is evil and bad"

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

Zazi posted:

as usual the British one is better

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
All tv shows suck except
Walking dead, Seinfeld and the simpsons.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

jerk1000
Dec 3, 2014
Hannibal and Rectify are pretty good shows.

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

RaDaMaNt posted:

They tried to beat that in season 3 intro by Kevin Spacey pissing on his father's grave and yelling gently caress YOU DAD (wish I was kidding).

Season 4 should start with him disemboweling a disabled child while reciting Mein Kampf or something.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

It's a show for people who art smart enough to watch decent television and need to have the main character tell them their motive the entire time

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

The Goatfather posted:

it is good until season 3. you are bad

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

game of thrones had more tits and violence though

actually i might have finished season 3 if kevin spacey held court with some naked courtesans draped over the bottom of his throne as he chopped the heads off his political opponents

Dicky Longcocking
Jan 2, 2015

True Detective and The Leftovers are the only "good" television shows that are on, everything else is at best an okay way to fill time versus staring at a wall or going outside

False Nathan for You is the best show

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
Season 3 was a major disappointment. Hopefully season 4 features more murder.

Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!

Zazi posted:

as usual the British one is better

daddyyyyyyyyyyyyy

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I love TPB, but I watched two episodes of season 9 and couldn't continue

why did they add a bunch of unfunny new characters? also the girl who plays trinity is really bad at acting

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Gutcruncher posted:

Dont care enough to watch the rest, whats the twist? Is he a robot?

he's a robot

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

House of cards is a 6/10 show until the meechum 3-way at which point it becomes very, very bad.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

house of cards is garbage, watch Lilyhammer if you want a Netflix published show that's actually good

iron_weasel
Oct 17, 2011

But then a tea bowl that is too perfect has no charm.

Egbert Souse posted:

The first two seasons were good, but I was like this after the ridiculous plot twist in the very last episode:

I was enjoying the show, but in the second to last episode of season one when he transforms into Rep. Murder I laughed and turned it off and never went back.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
How could Claire do this to Frank?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Pulp Can Move posted:

Every Netflix show is mediocre or bad, but people pretend they're good to justify watching six straight hours of garbage.

The Daredevil is good

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

babypolis posted:

its a loving retarded show. kevin spacey just lays down the smarm as thickly as possible as he easily rolls over anyone who opposes him because they are all idiots with massive flaws. then whenever something happen spacey turns to the camera and spells out exactly whats going on because god forbid you miss the subtle nuances like "democrat man is evil and bad"

People need everything spelled out ofr them. There's a scene in Breaking bad where a character makes an inductive logical leap and it's not spelled out in dialogue, and it loving baffled people.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice

iron_weasel posted:

I was enjoying the show, but in the second to last episode of season one when he transforms into Rep. Murder I laughed and turned it off and never went back.
I watched a bit more but yeah that's when it went absurd for me too.

I also thought that Frank would have been way more interesting if he was purely about politics and not motivated by sex stuff but it turns out that was basically half his character. That's just me wanting a different character though, no fault of the show.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

The Daredevil is good

Yea, it's better than anything else Marvel has done recently.

HENGRY BUNG
Jan 15, 2015

I liked season one, especially when they did they killed off the hot reporter chick

the rest is pretty okay.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

iron_weasel posted:

The only way that twist would work is if the show was a dark comedy. Instead, it's a cheap nihilistic payoff.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Sorry you don't have the attention span to enjoy anything other than 24.

Maybe if you paid attention to the show you were supposedly watching instead of using it as background noise you might get more out of it? :shrug:

Season 1 was great, Season 2 was...okay. There were no more seasons made.

Bifner McDoogle
Mar 31, 2006

"Life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben) is a pragmatic liberal designation for the segments of the populace which they view as having no right to continue existing, due to the expense of extending them basic human dignity.
I just shared a room with my husband while he binge watched the first three seasons of Heroes so House of Card would probably seem like the best show in the world in comparison. But there's still no reason to watch it when The West Wing is on Netflix anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I believe they're bringing back the Heroes show

probably with new heroes

• Locked thread