Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Son of Rodney posted:

Good song have some german brass hip hop in return

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6xd8542AVg

Haha catchy.

Also, non-English speakers are so adorable when they rap :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Haha I wouldn't know its pretty feel good hip hop so I guess it sounds adorable anyway.

Your song is really good btw thanks for showing me a new band

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
I just sent them an email saying that Bob Saget raped me and they told me to write them an article on it by tuseday

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Son of Rodney posted:

Haha I wouldn't know its pretty feel good hip hop so I guess it sounds adorable anyway.

Your song is really good btw thanks for showing me a new band

"Benny Goodman" is another one of my fav Saint Motel songs.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
the friend I go to for music has been caught in a 70s Brazilian funk phase for the past 4 years. Everyone else likes techno jazz and top 40 hip hop. As a rocker I am alone. And I hate acdc.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005

Neukoln19 posted:

the friend I go to for music has been caught in a 70s Brazilian funk phase for the past 4 years. Everyone else likes techno jazz and top 40 hip hop. As a rocker I am alone. And I hate acdc.

There should be commas here

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I remember thinking the Passion of Kanye cover was over the top when it came out. Now I realize it owns.

Now I think it's over the top to put Tsaernev on the cover. Maybe I'll feel differently in ten years.

Needless to say I rarely make it past the cover. But I've read a few taibbi articles that were informed.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

have they found a college rapist yet

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Guys, I think our culture is really messed up.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
Matt Taibbi is one of the best journalists working today, and it's a tragedy that he rejoined RS right before they permanently flushed all journalistic credibility down the toilet.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Rolling stone rocks! haha

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Didn't a rolling stone writer die a suspicious death where his car hit a tree at like 110 mph and burst into flames?

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
just lmfao if you read the magazines in the waiting room for a dentist. thats when its time to kill yourself tbh.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I always mix up the publisher of rolling stone and the guy who did the theme song for Miami vice

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Toadvine posted:

Didn't a rolling stone writer die a suspicious death where his car hit a tree at like 110 mph and burst into flames?

Yeah he was the guy that took down Gen. McChrsystal for talking poo poo about Obama. His new Mercedes "suddenly accelerated" and crashed into a tree and exploded, and then they were like "uhhh the autopsy said he was high on meth" or some poo poo like that. lol

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Matt Taibi is so good im genuinely mad at corporations for at least an hour

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

lemmie tell you about the time they fired a reviewer because he gave hootie and the blowfish a bad review

http://boingboing.net/2015/04/06/rolling-stone-fired-a-writer-o.html

Sicario
Jul 15, 2015

by Ralp
I used to think Rolling Stone magazine was the coolest thing. When I found out that they had an unwritten rule that no rap album could get more than 3.5 stars I was furious for some reason. It felt like a betrayal.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

I am the friend people go to for new music, op, and the friend I go to for new music as a pretty well-off guy who spends literally hours every day snorting coke of his desk prowling the internet for tunes. He's the most miserable person i know but his taste is supreme.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

opus111 posted:

I am the friend people go to for new music, op, and the friend I go to for new music as a pretty well-off guy who spends literally hours every day snorting coke of his desk prowling the internet for tunes. He's the most miserable person i know but his taste is supreme.

Can you link me to his blog please?

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Rolling Stone fired Lester Bangs for being mean to Canned Heat in a review because it solely exists for Jann Wenner to suck rock musician cock

JosephSkunk
Dec 16, 2003
Yes, evidently you had misperceived it as rain.

LegoPirateNinja posted:

Matt Taibi is so good im genuinely mad at corporations for at least an hour

He's too good for Rolling Stone

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Toadvine posted:

Can you link me to his blog please?

he doesnt have a blog, sorry, he just sends a few people his seasonal mixtape 4 times a year.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

If you're actually interested in hearing goons' music, I did try to start a mixtape exchange thread here a few weeks ago but the only replies were people telling me that they were homosexual and also that they had been cucked. Maybe somebody with more gbs cred could try again?

Fluo
May 25, 2007

i miss the hunter s thompson days of the rolling stone

Fluo
May 25, 2007

have some korean folk metal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6ABpjyc1Gs

Does Rolling Stone do the thing Pitchfork does where they will go back and edit reviews / downgrade the score once the music gets popular or uncool

Fluo fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jul 16, 2015

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

Sicario posted:

I used to think Rolling Stone magazine was the coolest thing. When I found out that they had an unwritten rule that no rap album could get more than 3.5 stars I was furious for some reason. It felt like a betrayal.

rap lol

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Popular playlists for less prominent genres on spotify is one place I go to.

Opus could you please post a track list of yr friends mixtape? Or upload it somewhere?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

opus111 posted:

he doesnt have a blog, sorry, he just sends a few people his seasonal mixtape 4 times a year.

Well let's hear it. I don't even care about the source I just like new music.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

I'll include tunes on a GBS mixtape if people take part in my thread

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3731325

I love new music too. FYAD did a mixtape thread a few months ago and there was some cracking stuff in there. I'm sure GBS can deliver, too.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

opus111 posted:

I'll include tunes on a GBS mixtape if people take part in my thread

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3731325

I love new music too. FYAD did a mixtape thread a few months ago and there was some cracking stuff in there. I'm sure GBS can deliver, too.

I remember doing a gbs mixtape trade a few years ago. I got the one the goon sent me but the one i sent didnt get to the dude. :(

I'd love to do another remix exchange

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

lol @ Sinead O'Conner getting pissed off at Kim Kardashian being on the cover and not at Tsarnaev. I guess she's picky about Caucasians.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
I've graduated beyond all this kids poo poo. I'm rocking them Nordic Folk jams now, fellas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7kRp_jLo7Q

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
people still listen to music?

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005

Benny Harvey posted:

lol @ Sinead O'Conner getting pissed off at Kim Kardashian being on the cover and not at Tsarnaev. I guess she's picky about Caucasians.

Are Armenians Caucasian?

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

I like to get my music recommendations from GBS, the one stop shop for good opinions

you should listen to more kesha and taylor swift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Son of Rodney posted:

Good song have some german brass hip hop in return

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6xd8542AVg

Einfahrt is a good username

rolling stone is the only physical magazine i can remember having an actual conversation about for at least 5 years so they must be doing something right

• Locked thread