Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Ant-Man looks cool and I look forward to see it this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Rough Lobster posted:

Ant-Man was great. The cast was fun and the movie was funny. Michael Douglas was a badass. Corey Stoll does a great job as an unhinged villian. Michael Pena was a showstealer, like everyone says. Didn't care for Hope's character, but I think that's kinda the point. Paul Rudd was good and his daughter was adorable, you really want to root for the guy. There were actually a few horrific scenes, and some crazy existential poo poo that I really really enjoyed. It really upped the stakes. My wife thought the ants were gross and kept cringing at them. I thought they were adorable, especially the crazy ants.

anyway most importantly, they made Ant-Man and his powers really loving cool. I can't wait to see what they do with the characters next.
My stream of consciousness review from BSS.

Cool movie, go see it.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Full Battle Rattle posted:

The gypsies remark, yeah. There's no way that nobody who worked on the movie doesn't realize that gypsy is a pretty serious racial thing in Europe, especially in today's internationally minded cinema. Struck me as odd - wonder if they'll change it for international release.

But there's literally magic gypsies in the Marvel universe so the comments isn't out of place. Two of them were even in Age of Ultron.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Anyway the person is say this horrible, horrible thing is a filthy Russian hipster, so who really cares?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Drifter posted:

Haha, I'm sorry. This is a hilarious turn of conversation. It's so surreal to use a medium-low to low rating'd show as some sort of functional binding agent between literal record breaking blockbuster movies.

Just because it rains in Podunk, Ohio doesn't exactly mean I'm gonna hear about it Houston, Texas, much less break out an umbrella.

lol

• Locked thread