Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

a large trout posted:

when I was childe I had an irrational fear of getting stuck in the metal hamburglar thing

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

a large trout posted:

I seem to recall the bottom part being a solid tube with a small hole for kids to get stuck and die in

Here is your old deathtrap version:

Officer Big Mac, policing some sort of post-collapse suburban hellscape

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

quote:

McDonald's Corp.has agreed to pay the government $4 million in damages for failing to inform the Consumer Product Ssafety Commission of playground injuries at some of its restaurants.

The settlement resolves a dispute arising from enforcement of a 1995 Playground Equipment Reporting Agreement between McDonald's and the government. The cooperative agreement announced today also establishes important new playground facility reporting and safety guidelines.

The injuries involve the "Big Mac Climber," a metal platform resembling a hamburger, that is no longer in any McDonald's playgrounds.

According to CPSC, from the 1970s through the 1980s, more than 400 children were injured on Big Mac Climbers, mostly in falls, including nearly 20 who suffered concussions or skull fractures and 80 who suffered broken bones. Injuries declined significantly in the 1990s as McDonald's began removing the climbers. All the climbers have now been removed and scrapped.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Mozi posted:

bring back the big n tasty

bring back the mcDLT

bring back the shammie shakes

and bring back the drat jalapeno mcdouble and make it $.99 howzabout

Do it your drat self.

• Locked thread