Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Who are the Magneto, Storm, Sentinel, and Cable of the Anime Chat Thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Good god, littleorv

edit: let's make that image less stupid

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
WickedHate was #21, btw. I mention that because I want you think about how long she was probated during that thread

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I'm ready for multiple loving super smash brothers games to be at evo if that's what you're asking

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Normie Slayer posted:

I might check Evo out. I recently got stupidly entranced watching a KHII speedrun for a marathon called "limit break." The world of professional play interests me. I also like how genuinely enthusiastic they get over video games.

Unrelated, but I haven't seen episode 2 of Gangsta yet because I was waiting for it to get on Crunchy Roll. I checked today, and apparently it isn't available in my region. gently caress.

SGDQ starts in nine days if you want to see a whole lotta enthusiasm over playing video games

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Beef Chief posted:

Why does D_T not post in ADTRW, that dude is awesome

He does, sometimes you can see him in the Season threads or whatever and he's in a tizzy about some big titty concept art

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I thought they were all just close-ups on boob physics and sometimes you get to play Dynasty Warriors in between them

So, you know, Asura's Wrath but boobs

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Sakurazuka posted:

Me too only like six months.

same but just from a computer

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I am your tax dollars at work

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Normie Slayer posted:

How do you get that good at fighting games? I have trouble entering in commands, let alone actually stringing them into meaningful combos. And then my thumbs get blistered.

Practice is a popular way to get good at things

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Namtab posted:

That pic made me horny for 2d babes

You weren't already?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Zorak's most unforgivable sin is that he didn't like Nichijou

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
For months, I thought Nichijou was actually about a goat because of that op

Normie Slayer posted:

What if they made a comic book movie that wasn't actually based on a comic book?

It sounds to me like you're proposing a Comix Zone movie and that sounds good to me

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I liked the Nolan batman movies but boy I really didn't need to see a guy who normally dresses in blue and red spandex destroy his hometown and snap a dude's neck

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Also the reason DC is so obsessed with making movies that are unenjoyable to watch is probably because they are obsessed with making comics that are unenjoyable to read

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
The worst kind of comics fans, in order:
1. People who think literally all comics should be deathly serious
2. People who think literally all comics should be wacky and stupid
3. People who think Batman could beat Superman in a fight
4. People who like Red Hood

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I still haven't watched all of Chihayafuru. Normie Slayer, please do the needful

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
In no particular order:
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Mobile Fighter G Gundam
Ping Pong
Azumanga Daioh
Martian Successor Nadesico
Nichijou
Redline
Genshiken
s-CRY-ed
Cromartie High School
Honorable mention: Macross Plus

And manga:
The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer
Slam Dunk
Fullmetal Alchemist
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun
Angel Densetsu
Pluto
YuYu Hakusho
Diamond is Unbreakable
Cross Game
Kongou Banchou
Honorable mention: Onani Master Kurosawa, a bunch of stuff that never gets scanlated but I really like anyway

My Love Story would probably be on there but I arbitrarily want to wait until the anime is finished

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I tried really hard to like Giant Robo but even though it was very pretty I thought it was kind of boring and predictable. Which is annoying because I really like all the other Imagawa stuff I've watched

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Anime Chat Thread, it's time to address the hard questions

Like how can we get Bryan Cranston to return to anime

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Don't worry, I'm sure we'll get to see both

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

FirstAidKite posted:

What if...for the next arc system persona fighting game..you could play as eikichi >:}

What if... Persona 1 and 2 were ever acknowledged again

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I really liked the early bits of Soul Eater and then I realized that Maka was insanely boring compared to every other character and was also the main protagonist so I stopped reading

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
everyone knows the ADTRW OTP is Zorak/Nia

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

pon alien posted:

Somebody tell me how good the EO mystery dungeon game is.

There's a very easy exploit that allows you to have maxed out strength on every one of your characters that Atlus hasn't bothered patching

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Sharkopath posted:

Link's Awakening is my favorite.

:agreed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKCvhA0xWss

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Brave Fencer Musashi is also a really good Zelda game

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

littleorv posted:

I may be alone in this but I really like the mood that Catherine creates. Sitting in the bar with your pals and talking with miserable people. It's very bleak.

I actually think Catherine is really cool and has interesting, fun dialogue so it's really a shame that the game is a kind-of-hard block puzzle

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
The only WW2 game I can think of that isn't a first person shooter where you run down corridors and shoot nazis and/or japanese soldiers is The Saboteur, which at least had the decency to put you in an open world in Nazi-occupied France

It still wasn't a very good game, but you did get to hear Travis Touchdown doing his MISTER SIR HENRY accent for the whole game

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Normie Slayer posted:

That happens to me way too often.

Also I just want to leave Ladder to Heaven

Oh, and if you're familiar with Chaos Wars, a game with notoriously bad voice acting, Shadow Hearts characters appear in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAtC1SzWSXg

Yuri is referred to by his Japanese name because :effort:

From what I heard, the voice acting is because SCEA wouldn't allow it to be released if it only had a japanese voice track, so the translator just got his friends and family to do the voices as cheaply as possible. I have no idea if that's A FAN THEORY or an actual thing, though.

Also Shadow Hearts is insanely good and you should play at least the first two games asap

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
If you like sexy but insane vampires, Shadow Hearts is the series for you

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Speaking of Growlanser, is the PSP Growlanser any good? I've had it for a while and have started to play it a bunch of times and just never had the attention span to get past the first bit

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
today I learned that Binary Domain is in my steam library. I also learned that it's that game where the trailer ends with a mother with robot legs which I thought was cool and then somehow never heard about again

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Endorph posted:

in a way, we're all searching for imouto paradise...

You know what? I'm not gonna post the link to the VN where everyone at school is your imouto

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Endorph posted:

probably?

Yeah my bad

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Normie Slayer posted:

I don't know why, but "hostages" reminded me of a game that everyone should know about.

Metal Wolf Chaos

I really wish there was a reasonable way for Americans to play Metal Wolf Chaos

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

littleorv posted:

For reals though Ping Pong is incredibly good.

ADTRW's AOTY 2014

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Everything Burrito posted:

I thought about making a dad manga thread once but realized I'd just be revealing my DILF list to the public and thought better of it.

I think it's okay to have dad waifus, as long as one of them is the detective from TLABH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
How in the world did you put Frau Bow on that list and not Sayla

• Locked thread