Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Broken Cog posted:

Bombs are not free to make though, and with a high lasermancy you chew through blocks like nothing.

4xBombs cost 10 shapestone and 1 primordial fire

1 bomb can mine 15-20 shapestone and saves you time to run and bomb more.

Only thing you gotta worry about is the fires, which are easy to mine with a laser when you do find them just to keep them up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Mining with the laser gets you more troves per block mined, and bomb mining won't give you the 50% bonus.

Ontop of this, 9 people all laser mining is significantly faster, gives ore to all 9 people at once, and the miner trove digsleys are worth 2500 glim a pop when broken down.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

bomb mining won't give you the 50% bonus.

This is the only reason we need to make a laser only mining party this afternoon imo

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

Mining with the laser gets you more troves per block mined, and bomb mining won't give you the 50% bonus.

Ontop of this, 9 people all laser mining is significantly faster, gives ore to all 9 people at once, and the miner trove digsleys are worth 2500 glim a pop when broken down.

Yeah, bombs are great if you're just doing a drive-by, especially of shapestone nodes, but the laser is very useful for dedicated mining runs or on tougher/more valuable stuff.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Plus it's called Lasermancy which is pretty sweet by itself. :science:

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Yeah, like, I keep a poo poo ton of bombs for just tossing at infinium nodes as I run by, but for tuesday I try and get a group cause you can get so many troves.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Gotta get them troves, it's the name of the game.. literally

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Seems like we got a couple of hours extension on the downtime again. Ah well, launch pains.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Yeah, more hardware upgrading. They really were not expecting the game to be this popular. It was always kinda of nitch in beta, and there hasn't been any advertising at all really.

Then again, if you put your game on steam for free...

Ellieanna
Jul 16, 2014

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Digsleys suck when you can just frack instead of mine. Lasermancy in general is useless when bombs work like they do.

Diggsly can be shoved into the loot collector for 2500 glim

Yes, 2500 glim. That is what Kol was referring to. Today is the day to try to get a lot of them to make some mad cash money.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
The new patch data is now available but game servers are still down :f5:

vvvvvv Yeah, just letting people know they can download the patch for when things get back up and running. The queue times should be pretty epic for anyone trying to log in this afternoon

aparmenideanmonad fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 21, 2015

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

aparmenideanmonad posted:

The new patch data is now available but game servers are still down :f5:

Around two more hours, if I'm counting right?

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

quote:

* The game now mutes sound when it loses focus.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Trove/comments/3e2mn9/i_really_dont_like_this_change/

quote:

I talked to Andrew and he said that it should be a toggle setting in the future.

Just FYI for those who may notice it. I always fished and alt-tabbed so this is important.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Yeah, I don't think they pushed that change to hurt fishers, just to deal with people complaining about the title music when they're sitting in que. A toggle is a good compromise.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
how come this thread isn't in mmo hmo?

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?
I added my name to the spreadsheet last night, but I didn't see an invite. Are they hidden in some special screen or does it just pop up?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Kevos Setzer posted:

I added my name to the spreadsheet last night, but I didn't see an invite. Are they hidden in some special screen or does it just pop up?

You get the message in the middle of the screen, hard to miss. The officers were probably just not online when you were on.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

Kevos Setzer posted:

If your name is yellow, we have been periodically sending you invites. Red names have not been invited yet. It's mostly a matter of catching you when you are online. If you come online, whisper me, KillerOfLawyers, AssHaggis, EllieAnna, or Ambaire, and any of us can invite you. If you don't whisper us, you'll still get an invite eventually, but it's less reliable.

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Danith posted:

how come this thread isn't in mmo hmo?

More visibility? The thread that was in the mmo hmo has been dead for months I think.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
My first 20 hours of this game I didn't talk to a living soul.

It's less of a MMO and more of multiplayer minecraft/voxel adventure with a social hub/aspect.
Granted it kinda does force grouping with the higher level stuff

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

The server is back up, in after 2 minutes in the queue.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I'd just like to remind everyone that the height limit for your cornerstone building is 150(!) blocks, so go hog wild on those buildings.

Edit: Sheesh, server's been back up for a couple of minutes, and there's already 1000+ queues.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Broken Cog posted:

I'd just like to remind everyone that the height limit for your cornerstone building is 150(!) blocks, so go hog wild on those buildings.

Edit: Sheesh, server's been back up for a couple of minutes, and there's already 1000+ queues.

Waiting for queues and downtime is just part of the grand experience

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

Jesus, thousand plus queue and I got in in five minutes. What the hell did they install.

Edit: It borked. Here comes another six hour downtime. :suicide:

Arsonide fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jul 21, 2015

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

MEDIOCRE :mediocre:

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
Seems like it's "LS: Received login response" simulator today rather than Queue Simulator.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i've been sitting in a queue for like an hour

also hey i havent posted yet in the thread i'm carmyn in-game lets hang out

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jul 21, 2015

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
For anyone looking for an easy way to travel, get some Updraft blocks and put them on your cornerstone, and then build a wall in front of it, as high as you want. You'll get lifted up as high as your wall and can then fly incredibly far. It makes scouting for Infinium and the like incredibly easy.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

AAAH! OHMYGAWDI'MTOSSINGADORABLEPARROT-TURRETSTOKILLEVERYTHINGTHISGAMEISAMAZING! :swoon:

Seriously, took the plunge earlier, loving the game. Still need to check out the goon clubhouse (the OMP minecraft people recognized me and gave me the sekrit password/let me in) but I'm enjoying this so far.

My only real questions are: how do I earn the in-game coins for buying new jobs and junk outside of leveling up and how do I get a garden desk or whatever to get my gardening started?

E: NVM, figured them out on myself/asked dudes in mumble. :v:

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jul 22, 2015

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Added myself to the invite list.

This is deceptively fun for being so simple. I thought dungeons wouldn't keep my interest but I just did a jumping puzzle into killing 4 waves of fire bugs while the gunner i was with who had like 16 jump just skipped parts of the puzzle.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Just added myself to the list also, in game as gwackamole.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Relentless posted:

This is deceptively fun for being so simple. I thought dungeons wouldn't keep my interest but I just did a jumping puzzle into killing 4 waves of fire bugs while the gunner i was with who had like 16 jump just skipped parts of the puzzle.

It's a testament to the power of "gamefeel." Combat and movement just feel good, which is rare in these block-world kinds of games.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

I feel so...inadequate.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Put my name on the list for the goon club, in game name is Crocoswine.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Added myself to the list

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Arsonide posted:

I feel so...inadequate.

Holy crap, is that someone's house?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It is, I've seen it myself. The limitations people work make stuff like that even more impressive to me.

So far my own house is just several basement layers covered in literal poo poo and portals.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Arsonide posted:

I feel so...inadequate.

Not to be an rear end, but that looks to be mostly sprite art. I saw a really impressive house yesterday that used actual 3D architecture, and stretched all the way into the sky.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
I've also added my name to the club list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
Added my name too. I totally ignored trions emails about this game thinking it was just another minecraft clone. I was wrong.

• Locked thread