Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
It makes me angry when adults talk about watching cartoons that didn't exist when they were kids. There is no nostalgia excuse there.

Grow up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
i like how any time people are insulted for watching kids entertainment the comeback is WHO CARES WHAT PEOPLE DO IN THEIR FREE TIME!!?!?!!?

no one cares, we are just making fun of you

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

ahaha near the end there jerry is loving pulling a straight razor on her and loving lighting her on fire and tom stabs her in the rear end with a fork

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think if you are incapable of looking past the medium (animation) and ignore the actual content of the show you're a loving rear end in a top hat.

Some cartoons are obviously made for adults, and many are funny as hell.

Prorat posted:

It makes me angry when adults talk about watching cartoons that didn't exist when they were kids. There is no nostalgia excuse there.

Grow up.

like why is animation automatically associated with immaturity lol. maybe you should grow up. Shows like ATHF are clearly not meant for children.

I mean yeah if you're talking about literal children's cartoons or some stupid anime that's one thing but again that's the content, not the medium.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jul 18, 2015

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Prorat posted:

Grow up.

lol

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
e: nvm

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jul 18, 2015

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
GBS, the forum where even casually mentioning The Simpsons will spawn a multi-page argument about when exactly the series started going downhill and how long people kept watching after that, is very indignant at the idea of adults watching cartoons and taking them too seriously

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

Sleeveless posted:

GBS, the forum where even casually mentioning The Simpsons will spawn a multi-page argument about when exactly the series started going downhill and how long people kept watching after that, is very indignant at the idea of adults watching cartoons and taking them too seriously

Those threads are always the loving same to.
Someone posts a youtube clip of a scene
someone quotes a joke
someone talks about how genius it used to be

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Bowlcutbarricade posted:

Those threads are always the loving same to.
Someone posts a youtube clip of a scene
someone quotes a joke
someone talks about how genius it used to be

Simpsons threads are basically Star Wars threads only with everybody plagiarizing Zombie Simpsons instead of plagiarizing the Plinkett videos and cursing Al Jean instead of George Lucas

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
I like cartoons.

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
cartoons > people what judge you on what tv shows you watch

cartoons and cartoon lovers ftw

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Simpsons. South Park. Family Guy.

The Flintstones.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Sleeveless posted:

Simpsons threads are basically Star Wars threads only with everybody plagiarizing Zombie Simpsons instead of plagiarizing the Plinkett videos and cursing Al Jean instead of George Lucas

The gently caress is Zombie Simpsons?

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

egon_beeblebrox posted:

The gently caress is Zombie Simpsons?

gently caress you

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Bowlcutbarricade posted:

gently caress you

Okay

le missing foid
Jul 18, 2015

by Ralp
because of the sipmsons, OP.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

le missing foid posted:

because of the sipmsons, OP.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I like how in speedy gonzales everyone calls Sylvester a gringo and slowpoke outsmarts the white menace by simply carrying a gun. It's extra funny because minorities open carrying weapons to protect themselves from police brutality is why open carry is illegal in CA.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Hobohemian posted:

I like how in speedy gonzales everyone calls Sylvester a gringo and slowpoke outsmarts the white menace by simply carrying a gun. It's extra funny because minorities open carrying weapons to protect themselves from police brutality is why open carry is illegal in CA.

hosed up if true

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Lil Bit O Vitriol posted:

Her name was "Mammy Two Shoes"

Yup, that's it.

Man, I haven't seen that in ages.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Kill everyone who watches cartoons and relates to them

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Op may be autistic but his mom's pussy game retarded

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
it's cool to watch whatever nobody really cares as long as you're not a prick

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

SmokaDustbowl posted:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Gay Space Rocks is the gayest and best cartoon.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

SmokaDustbowl posted:

goons have a problem with this but thankfully we're huge bitches who stick to coming to sa to cry about our peers or write stdh about us owning them

sadly the ones that stray from this model end up being murderers and sex criminals

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
no one can prove that i watch cartoons

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Watching cartoons was always fine.

Obsessing about cartoons was always weird, and still is.

HTH

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
If you're watching a show and the commercials are for toys and poo poo, youre doing it wrong. If you're watching cartoon network before king of the hill comes on, you're doing it wrong.

eubisual
Mar 1, 2015

Moridin920 posted:

I think if you are incapable of looking past the medium (animation) and ignore the actual content of the show you're a loving rear end in a top hat.

Some cartoons are obviously made for adults, and many are funny as hell.

I mean yeah if you're talking about literal children's cartoons or some stupid anime that's one thing but again that's the content, not the medium.

I totally agree. The medium does matter though, for aesthetic purposes, for the emotions that it can produce in the audience and for the kind of messages that is capable to send.

I think it's sad that most people don't respect other's (innocuous) hobbies like watching cartoons/anime. There are also people who live from doing cartoons, and yes, they are mature, married and have children. I just don't understand why there is a ecuation that says : if X person watches animation=Its a weirdo.

As long as that person is not annoying you with their hobbies and is respectful to you it should be OK though.

eubisual
Mar 1, 2015

Say Nothing posted:

Gay Space Rocks is the gayest and best cartoon.

LOL, I love the gayness (Proud fujoshi here)

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Lol, Black Women; always wearing so many layers of skirts amirite :rolleyes:

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
proud shut in here
proud exhibitionist here
proud ephebophile here

edit: proud men's rights activist here

quakster fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jul 19, 2015

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Applewhite posted:

I would bet good money that most Mexicans actually loved Speedy Gonzales and that any complaints about racism came from white women.

The voice of Speedy Gonzales was a Mexican American. I'm pretty sure if he didn't see the humor in it he wouldn't have done it.

TheJoker138 posted:

I don't think Speedy himself was the issue, it was the other mice who were all Mexican stereotypes that people were pissed about. Speedy himself was still in the Looney Tunes Show, which was the new thing they did. He owned a pizzeria.

Eh, that was a running theme with all WB cartoons: everyone but the hero of that particular short was slow and dull-witted. Even Daffy Duck turned into a dull-wit when he was in Bugs Bunny cartoons.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I love, love, love, LOVE cartoons but I'd certainly never talk about them at work or really with anyone other than internet people and art hobby friends.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Pick posted:

I love, love, love, LOVE cartoons but I'd certainly never talk about them at work or really with anyone other than internet people and art hobby friends.

That's because you're well adjusted.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Pick posted:

What if it was a popular prime time show? I don't think people were too shocked when someone talked about enjoying King of The Hill back in the day.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

City of Tampa posted:

it's not socially tolerated. if you are really into cartoons or toys or comic books everybody thinks you are a loser and hates you, as they should.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

What if it was a popular prime time show? I don't think people were too shocked when someone talked about enjoying King of The Hill back in the day.

Nope. Maybe some Simpsons nostalgia but that's about it.

If you were to somehow be hired the same place I work you'd never hear about any media property I post about on SA. That's what SA is for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I, too, am very proud of my manly ignorance of a hugely significant slice of America's primary export: Culture.

• Locked thread