Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I think I made it through 50 of the 350 available beers tonight. When I burp it's just hops, grapefruit and acid. Christ, we need more beer flavors.
Ale and saison supremecy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

smg77 posted:

No that would be the invention of the automobile that allowed Californians to drive here en masse.

Ah yes the inevitable "But, but Californians " :qq: whenever someone mentions the PNW not being a perfect paradise.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Irradiation posted:

Ah yes the inevitable "But, but Californians " :qq: whenever someone mentions the PNW not being a perfect paradise.

Californians can't even brew a decent IPA.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

Anyone can brew an IPA when your criteria is hmmm how many IBUs can we throw into this.

For the record I live in the PNW and like IPAs.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Irradiation posted:

Anyone can brew an IPA when your criteria is hmmm how many IBUs can we throw into this.

For the record I live in the PNW and like IPAs.

Post your mustache and penny farthing.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
im having some high life

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp

Haverchuck posted:

im having some high life

-.02 IPU
-Taste
+White trash street cred
+Drinkablity

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Doublethink posted:

IPAs are great but i will agree they are a bit played out, that style has been explored and there isn't much more to discover there. Lately i've been seeing more breweries putting out India Pale Lagers and those are loving amazing, a nice balance of hop flavor and standard lager smoothness. IMO the best is still Base Camp Brewing's In-Tents IPL, shits loving ill. Pyramid brewing's IPL is acceptable as well.

Session IPAs are also new and trendy but good

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im on beer number 9 right now its pretttttty good

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
So who else has all these hop stores all over town? Everytime I see one I keep mistaking it for some pot store. They have all these bright green plants in the windows under bright lights all perfectly manicured to perfection so people can come in and pick up their own homebrewing supplies. They're everywhere.

It's all we got until pot is finally legalized.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

there are literally two dispensaries within 30 seconds walk of my house BUT NO loving BEER STORE.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Philthy posted:

IPAs dont taste like pine sol you morons, gin does.

bad gin does, yes

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

VendaGoat posted:

Post your mustache and penny farthing.

Sorry I dont live in Portland.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Why the gently caress does anyone drink bears instead of just drinking hard liquor and getting drunk is what I want to know

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp

LethalGeek posted:

Why the gently caress does anyone drink bears instead of just drinking hard liquor and getting drunk is what I want to know

The thrill of the hunt.

:black101:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

LethalGeek posted:

usually tastes good, its fun to have a bunch of big frothy glass with friends and just take the time with a nice slow buzz. going straight to drunk isn't fun after you're out of college

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

LethalGeek posted:

i dont like to wake up and both my arms are numb

and beer is drat good im on number 14 right now

woooooooo

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

See those? That's a hops farm down in St. Paul, OR. There's such an over abundance of hops in the area it's put in everything. Beer. Breakfast cereal. Shoe wax. If you get something "locally made" in the Pacific Northwest, there's probably some hops in it.

One time I sneezed & there were hops in my bogers.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
wanna deflect a spear with my samurai sword in that field

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
What's the real complaint with ipas I don't get it. Can you name one brewery that doesn't make other beers in addition to ipas? Are you going to bars where the only beers offered are ipas? Like I live in washington and have plenty of access to non ipa beers.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Xaris posted:

usually tastes good, its fun to have a bunch of big frothy glass with friends and just take the time with a nice slow buzz. going straight to drunk isn't fun after you're out of college

numberoneposter posted:

i dont like to wake up and both my arms are numb

and beer is drat good im on number 14 right now

woooooooo
loving lightweights ITT

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

mouthfeel. fizzy. slightly acidic. carbonation. nutty. hint of apple. mouthfeel. buttered popcorn.

*inserts dildo into rear end*

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
i don't care for pales and ipas and it pisses me off whenever I hit a store for a six pack and the only thing they have is cheap lagers and a small selection of pales

literally one, just one kind of stout or porter would make me happy

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

huskarl_marx posted:

i don't care for pales and ipas and it pisses me off whenever I hit a store for a six pack and the only thing they have is cheap lagers and a small selection of pales

don't they at least have guiness or something

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

huskarl_marx posted:

are you at a gas station where the only options are domestics and a single row of dusty 6 packs that have been there for years? If not I don't understand how you could be in this situation.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Yeah that's pretty unusual that a place would have IPAs but literally no stouts, but then again I know there are some really lovely liquor stores in the south.

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!

ArbitraryC posted:

What's the real complaint with ipas I don't get it. Can you name one brewery that doesn't make other beers in addition to ipas? Are you going to bars where the only beers offered are ipas? Like I live in washington and have plenty of access to non ipa beers.

So here's the story. I'm visiting a friend in Seattle and we go to this concert, where the bar, which appeals well stocked, had a wide selection of IPA and Blue Moon wheat beer. So I get a blue moon and remember that it's not that good. Then we go to another bar, once again, maybe 5 IPAS, similar but not identical selection to the last bar, and Blue Moon. So I suggests we go to yet another bar, so we do, and this one didn't even have the Blue Moon. Literally all IPAs. So I ask the bartender why there's nothing that isn't IPA and he says there's Corona in bottles. gently caress that. He then says they used to try to keep a couple different styles of beer on but the only ones that actually sold enough to be worth taking up a tap were the IPAs.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

ArbitraryC posted:

are you at a gas station where the only options are domestics and a single row of dusty 6 packs that have been there for years? If not I don't understand how you could be in this situation.

it keeps happening at bigger convenience stores, an entire cooler full of pales and ipas and a lot of bars and restaurants have the same problem with their draughts

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Irradiation posted:

Sorry I dont live in Portland.

Irradiation posted:

I live in the PNW

NorCal doesn't count.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
IPA's are unicycles you can drink

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Razorwired posted:

NorCal doesn't count.

NorCal will be barred from entry into Glorious Cascadia.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Delsaber posted:

NorCal will be barred from entry into Glorious Cascadia.

Just wait for the Cascadia Subduction Zone to wipe out all of Oregon and Washington with a 9.0 and mega tsunami. It'll be like Tohoku except worse because we're stingy and don't like investing in safety--only California will be spared :getout:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

IPAs loving suck

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
I live in the NW and once was on this IPA band wagon, I fell off and I am back to drinking the one true beer, Miller High Life.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

The problem is when you go to a shitbar and they have six beers on tap, Coors Lite, Bud Lite, three IPAs and one other beer (usually Guiness or Blue Moon) and you don't want an IPA.

One IPA per ten taps is enough.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Xaris posted:

Just wait for the Cascadia Subduction Zone to wipe out all of Oregon and Washington with a 9.0 and mega tsunami. It'll be like Tohoku except worse because we're stingy and don't like investing in safety--only California will be spared :getout:

Nah, we get to sink into the ocean over the course of one day and be called America's Atlantis.

California's slow death is just 40 years of us learning how poo poo your always on fire state actually was.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Coors, bud, Miller, whatever. All acceptable. If anyone asks what you're drinking you can just make some poo poo up don't worry

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
Pretty much every place that sells craft brew here in Chicago is like 75% IPAs. It sucks. Sometimes I just want a cream ale or a porter, man.

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!
lmao if u drink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

Redkist posted:

lmao if u drink

When you're done laughing could you be a doll and pick up the tab? Thanks.

• Locked thread