Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Razorwired posted:

NorCal doesn't count.

No it does not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
all beer is good and making fun of certain types of beer qualifies you as being a tremendous human being

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Chinatown posted:

all beer is good and making fun of certain types of beer qualifies you as being a tremendous human being

Pretty much.

There is such a thing as a bad beer though. Singular.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
IPAs are over-represented because they're easy to make since the flavor you're going for is hard to gently caress up and the %alc can be anywhere on the map. So, every craft place sells an IPA or 7 and dumb sht bars will stock multiple IPAs because they don't know a good one (Ninkasi) from a bad one.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Ork of Fiction posted:

IPAs are over-represented because they're easy to make since the flavor you're going for is hard to gently caress up and the %alc can be anywhere on the map. So, every craft place sells an IPA or 7 and dumb sht bars will stock multiple IPAs because they don't know a good one (Ninkasi) from a bad one.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Cymbal Monkey posted:

So here's the story. I'm visiting a friend in Seattle and we go to this concert, where the bar, which appeals well stocked, had a wide selection of IPA and Blue Moon wheat beer. So I get a blue moon and remember that it's not that good. Then we go to another bar, once again, maybe 5 IPAS, similar but not identical selection to the last bar, and Blue Moon. So I suggests we go to yet another bar, so we do, and this one didn't even have the Blue Moon. Literally all IPAs. So I ask the bartender why there's nothing that isn't IPA and he says there's Corona in bottles. gently caress that. He then says they used to try to keep a couple different styles of beer on but the only ones that actually sold enough to be worth taking up a tap were the IPAs.

I refuse to accept this because I'm from seattle every bar has mac & jacks so even in extreme cases you're going to have some domestic lights, an amber ale, 1 or more ipas, and probably something like Guinness or some lovely wheat beer.

I guess I could see the complaint that porters and stouts can be harder to find in your typical bars (not hard to find at all if you just go to something more pub like) but that seems more due to no one wanting to drink porters and stouts when they're out on the town so they don't sell.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
i like porters and stouts from time to time but they are like a meal and make you fat imo

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!

ArbitraryC posted:

I refuse to accept this because I'm from seattle every bar has mac & jacks so even in extreme cases you're going to have some domestic lights, an amber ale, 1 or more ipas, and probably something like Guinness or some lovely wheat beer.

I guess I could see the complaint that porters and stouts can be harder to find in your typical bars (not hard to find at all if you just go to something more pub like) but that seems more due to no one wanting to drink porters and stouts when they're out on the town so they don't sell.

Yeah fair they all have Coors and poo poo, but that's not even worthy of being listed among beers.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

LethalGeek posted:

Why the gently caress does anyone drink bears instead of just drinking hard liquor and getting drunk is what I want to know

Liquor is not refreshing on a long hot summer day.

liquor+ smokes = waking up feeling like you were swallowing cat turds all night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Ramsus posted:

i like porters and stouts from time to time but they are like a meal and make you fat imo

no, unless you mean the really high gravity ones, and higher gravity means more calories with any style of beer. Guinness has like ten more calories per can than bud light

• Locked thread