Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Pththya-lyi posted:

no duh, that's why i put it in spoiler tags. if you don't want to be spoiled then don't highlight spoiler tags

thast besides the point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
the numbers go up and that releases dopamine in your mesolimbic system

e; if somebody made a town building rpg with idler and gambling elements i'd be loving doomed

Nigmaetcetera fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jul 20, 2015

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nigmaetcetera posted:

rich people and their bank accounts

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
1 then 2 wait now comes 3 here's 4 aww who's this little fella, is that, is that number 5?

You're welcome you dopamine fiends.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Funky See Funky Do posted:

1 then 2 wait now comes 3 here's 4 aww who's this little fella, is that, is that number 5?

You're welcome you dopamine fiends.

no no no it has to start going up faster and faster until it has to use scientific notation

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Nigmaetcetera posted:

e; if somebody made a town building rpg with idler and gambling elements i'd be loving doomed

Then do I have a game for you

E: the "gambling" element is pretty minimal, though

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

oh yeah i should ave said that has a plot. suikoden ii + any of the dragon quests wit an idler mini-game is what i was thinking. a dark room is just boring.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Nigmaetcetera posted:

oh yeah i should ave said that has a plot. suikoden ii + any of the dragon quests wit an idler mini-game is what i was thinking. a dark room is just boring.

It does have a plot, you just didn't stick around long enough to find out what it is.

I don't blame you though, it's an awfully slow game and it's not for everybody. Different strokes for different folks!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i hope you have a stroke

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

If you're not doing at least 100 APM when you're gaming then why are you even bothering? Get out of here scrubs.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
And here's where I have fun trying to figure out what the A in that is for.

Adjustments?

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
GoonWaffe is recruiting

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
It's nice for some strategy games where you gotta wait for your slow rear end citizens to gather resources for your flashy army.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Funky See Funky Do posted:

And here's where I have fun trying to figure out what the A in that is for.

Adjustments?

probably actions, and it probably refers to starcraft or whatever and asians

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
APM is such a loving annoying thing

like yeah it's impressive if you can micro like a god and your APM is skyrocketing

if you're literally just clicking incessantly for no reason to artificially inflate your APM you are a moron. doubly so if you do it in regular online play. way to get carpal tunnel for no reason.

have a friend that does this and I call him out on it all the time and he just goes 'no dude it keeps my fingers warmed up.' as he misclicks and sends all his SCVs to some random spot and they all stop mining for a few seconds.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i play a games on playstation sometimes. is this thread relevant to me?

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

APM is such a loving annoying thing

like yeah it's impressive if you can micro like a god and your APM is skyrocketing

if you're literally just clicking incessantly for no reason to artificially inflate your APM you are a moron. doubly so if you do it in regular online play. way to get carpal tunnel for no reason.

have a friend that does this and I call him out on it all the time and he just goes 'no dude it keeps my fingers warmed up.' as he misclicks and sends all his SCVs to some random spot and they all stop mining for a few seconds.

stop speaking in tongues.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Hollis Brownsound posted:

Why the gently caress would anyone let a game run in the background just so they can check on it every 20 minutes? I kinda though the whole point of video games was to engage your brain and distract you for escapism.

It's some seriously dumb poo poo and a sign that points to a total collapse in western society.

Games are for children 12 years old or younger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

opus111 posted:

stop speaking in tongues.

people click their buttons as fast as possible for no reason when they play video games just to impress other gamers with the amount of times they can click the button in a minute

• Locked thread