Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
A Dark Room actually owns b/c you think you're a regular dude/lady trying to survive the post-apocalypse, but you slowly figure out that you're one of the alien conquerors who caused the apocalypse in the first place

Also there is actually an end-game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

im pooping! posted:

spoilers much nincompoop?

no duh, that's why i put it in spoiler tags. if you don't want to be spoiled then don't highlight spoiler tags

E: SPOILER FOR A DARK ROOM
You enslave a bunch of your own people, only to gently caress off in your newly-repaired spaceship and abandon them
END OF SPOILER

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jul 20, 2015

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Nigmaetcetera posted:

the numbers go up and that releases dopamine in your mesolimbic system

e; if somebody made a town building rpg with idler and gambling elements i'd be loving doomed

Then do I have a game for you

E: the "gambling" element is pretty minimal, though

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Nigmaetcetera posted:

oh yeah i should ave said that has a plot. suikoden ii + any of the dragon quests wit an idler mini-game is what i was thinking. a dark room is just boring.

It does have a plot, you just didn't stick around long enough to find out what it is.

I don't blame you though, it's an awfully slow game and it's not for everybody. Different strokes for different folks!

• Locked thread