Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EXAKT Science posted:

##select Hawaiian Pizza

motherfucker!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##select eggs over easy cause it's the only thing on the menu I can actually eat.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##eat lunch

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also I just realized Ernie and Byers together again in this game. :getin:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Confirmed and my role PM made me hungry.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I like bacon, but I hate when bacon is put in sweet things. My friend made chocolate chip and bacon cookies once and everyone loved them, but eating a sweet thing and then biting down into a pocket of salt in the form of bacon was just very gross to me.

Bacon has its place and does not need to be part of everything.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

So, looking at the player list and:
  • Robviously
  • SirSamVimes
  • Zetsubou-san
Have I played with any of you three under different names? Or is this our first game together?

Hi it's my first game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

bowmore posted:

you forgot to use your alt account, rookie mistake

This is my alt account.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
French toast is a weird food that can be sweet or savory, depending on how you top it. Sometimes when we had it we'd put syrup and cinnamon on it and sometimes we'd put cheese and ketchup. It can really go either way.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It's basically scrambled eggs and bread, which you could easily put cheese and ketchup on.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

Funny story, when I first started playing, some people thought this was Jakep's alt account.

I'm still not entirely convinced.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
But French toast isn't naturally sweet. It's just sweet if you put sweet things on or in it. It's just eggs and bread and milk.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

The sin there isnt savory french toast, its the ketchup.

Ketchup isn't evil!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

It's weird, I thought you were Canadian, but then you say things like this and I just see my relatives in Kentucky.

Oh honey, if you don't think Canadian's love ketchup.

What else will we put on our KD?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##vote EXAKT for taking the best flavour.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

And the award for first vote before the game even starts goes to...

He must be punished.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

SirSamVimes posted:

I am going to vote you as soon as this game starts because hawaiian pizza can only be scum.

Whoa whoa whoa I almost missed this.

##vote Vimes

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

I alos get mushrooms added to hawaiian pizza. This is wrong of me, but I think it's delicious.

Back when I was a fatty fat fat who would eat a whole pizza this was my go-to order. Mushrooms, ham, and pineapple. Eat it with some garlic sauce oh my god so good I still miss it.

I really miss pizza sometimes :(

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also I'm going to post this video re: Ketchup discussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHacDYj8KZM

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

smooth recovery.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm unlynchable and deathproof.

Wait wrong game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

What other game do you have, Miss It's My First Time?

I had this cool PbP RPG game about space marines, but I can't remember what happened to it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Well done everyone.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Raw tomatoes are the only tomatoes I'll eat. Even warm tomatoes are gross.

Also bowmore isn't dumb enough to make a scumslip like that, I'm going with joke.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I agree with imgay (oh god)

Why those people and what about a pre-game turbo is scummy anyway?

You haven't explained either of these things. Even for D1 of D1 this feels like reaching.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EXAKT Science posted:

btw most of the playerlist has made less than half as many posts as Kumba. Y'all should work on that.

And now a lurker callout on, let me say it again, D1 of D1.

The game has been open less than 12 hours.

This all feels so forced.

##vote EXAKT

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Ernie. posted:

$5 says this is scum asiina trying to be her most effortful ever.

You really think a lurker callout at this point in the game is appropriate?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EXAKT Science posted:

hahaha and I'm the one reaching?

Yes, you are. What is the point in mentioning postcount at this point?

EXAKT Science posted:

I felt that imgay's vote was actually bad. As far as the other votes, the timing, as well as the fact that that's when the momentum really got going on the turbo, felt suspicious.

I'm not saying the whole turbo was scummy, I'm reacting to people's behavior around said turbo. That is, I'm scumhunting based on the content that we have so far, and right now it feels like you're trying to shut that down for no good reason.

So a non-scummy pre-game turbo that didn't count happened but there were bad votes in it? Of course there were bad votes in it. It was a joke pre-game turbo. All the votes were bad. It wasn't real. It was a pizza based turbo. Trying to turn that into something that can actually give information is ridiculous and reaching.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

This is town Ernie.

Ernie, is your Asiina call predicated on imgay being scum, or more just her white knighting?

I'm not white knighting. It doesn't have anything to do with imgay, but with EXAKT literally trying to make something out of nothing.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

Asiina, why is Exakt's behavior specifically scummy?

It's completely hollow to try to generate content where none exists. Combined with a pointless comment about how people haven't posted enough when we're less than 12 hours into the game makes me feel like EXAKT is just trying to look like he's generating content for the sake of generating content rather than actually just playing the game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:cripes:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

Have you been reading and not posting, Asiina? You have an outstanding question that you've ignored for a couple hours, but facepalm my bowmore case inside of a minute?

I took a nap, actually! It was pretty great. I need to go to bed earlier, I almost didn't get up for swimming this morning but decided like 6 minutes before I had to leave to just get the hell out of bed and go.

Anyway, your case is dumb and it's dumb that EXAKT asked you for an explanation for the perfectly obvious and you put together a case about the perfectly obvious. Like there's absolutely nothing complex about your case that needs to be summarized or requires a multiparagraph post. It's dead simple and it's also dumb because, as mentioned, bowmore isn't that stupid. And yes, slips do reflect stupidity.

Byers2142 posted:

Ok, now why do you assert that there's no content to be found in posts made after the roles are distributed?

I can get the statement that Exakt is stretching here, although I kinda see his point regarding imgay and the defense mounted against a pretty simple case seems disproportionate. I don't see how this line of reasoning is inherently scummy to take. Those posts happened, whether they are useless or not is a matter of interpretation.

Because roles or not it was a hilarious pre-game turbo that had to do with pizza and the votes were totally innocent and hilarious and I think trying to pull something out of those votes is ridiculous and reaching for content.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EXAKT Science posted:

Asiina do you still think that I'm faking content?

I think your Gamer post is pretty good actually, so I'm feeling better about you, but your earlier case was seriously extremely ridiculous and was faking content. It's still early D1 so I'm not totally convinced of anything yet. Still okay with my vote for now. May move it later. Let's see what D1 shall bring.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EXAKT Science posted:

I can understand how it looked like I was faking content. However, at the time, it seemed in the realm of possibility for the turbo to have resulted in killing Vimes, and I don't think it's unreasonable for me to look for motivations in those nine votes. Sure, some votes were based on jokes and pizza, but saying that all of them were "totally innocent and hilarious" and didn't potentially have a scum motivation is short-sighted at best.

Asiina, I know that you don't like my case on imgay, what do you think of him right now?

Uh, first of all Vimes didn't die and never flipped so we don't know what motivation or benefit there could have been, so that's a weird thing to say. Why do you think Vimes is town?

As for imgay, there's not really enough there to make an alignment call either way yet. I don't really like his multiple jokes about being on the scumteam, so not feeling super town about him, but not enough to vote on it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EXAKT Science posted:

I think Vimes is town based on the way the momentum swung in the joke turbo. It seemed like it was somehow coordinated. If I'm wrong, and he's scum, then there are still some interesting morsels there.

See this is why it's different from joke phase or a real turbo, because it was before the game started. Vimes could be scum and the entire rest of the scum team could be on that turbo because it was almost assuredly not going to count. So I can't take anything at all from it.

Anyway, I don't know who is scum. The game is still young.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

Scumhunting when most players haven't checked in seems fruitless.

I'm getting a gut read on Byers but I am not ready to substantiate it yet.

Somber I feel like we are very in sync this game and it is nice.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Relax, friend. Deadline is still more than 2 days away.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah okay, I'm starting to feel it EXAKT.

##vote Gamer

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
How many mafia games do you think you'll play before you ragequit again?

Do you think bowmore is really dumb enough to make a scum slip?

How are scumslips unrelated to being dumb?

What is your opinion on Canadian politics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I forgot the obvious. Are you scum in this game?

• Locked thread