Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Hobbies are not about doing the hobby; hobbies are about the acquisition of equipment.

This thread is for all the tools we use, the desks we buy, the storage solutions we get into, all that.

I'm currently in the market for a new painting desk. I'm unsure if I want a metal top, a glass top, or a wood top with a cutting mat drilled into it. I figure it's going to get glue all over the loving thing along with paint. Thoughts?

What I'm really doing is outfitting a room for painting and game storage. It's 8'x 11'8". Thinkin about putting a wall-length desk on the back end.

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jul 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

I can't answer your questions about a desk, but I'm looking for modelling tools. I have one of those oldschool full sets of Games-Workshop tools. The ones that come in the grey GW army cases w/ foam. I got it cheap, okay? Don't judge me.

Anyway, when these go out I obviously never want to buy GW tools again due to price:performance ratio. Maybe with a few good posts, we could cobble together a really good OP.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
You mean like clay shapers and stuff for sculpting?

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a night.
If you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his short, painful life.

signalnoise posted:

Hobbies are not about doing the hobby; hobbies are about the acquisition of equipment.

This thread is for all the tools we use, the desks we buy, the storage solutions we get into, all that.

I'm currently in the market for a new painting desk. I'm unsure if I want a metal top, a glass top, or a wood top with a cutting mat drilled into it. I figure it's going to get glue all over the loving thing along with paint. Thoughts?

What I'm really doing is outfitting a room for painting and game storage. It's 8'x 11'8". Thinkin about putting a wall-length desk on the back end.

I use a small workbench I got on clearance at Lowes for $75.00 and I'm very happy with it. I can stand when I want and I have a stool instead of a chair which helps me sit up straight. It has a metal peg board as a back and a large drawer the width of the workbench as well as room for shelves below the bench. It's pretty sweet. Look at that option before you go straight computer desk. Like the threat BTW.

• Locked thread