Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Origins isn't as much bad as it's just :mediocre:

I barely remember anything from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Egbert Souse posted:

Origins isn't as much bad as it's just :mediocre:

I barely remember anything from it.

The sequel managed to have an awesome robot samurai and then immediately forget everything else when I left the theater because absolutely nothing in it was of any consequence.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Both Wolverine movies have cool moments in them, but both are just kind of forgettable. The second is much better than the first, though.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jose Mengelez posted:

that movie where he's a scizophrenic and his pet cat and dog are telling him to kill people
Haven't seen that one. I also liked that 'Safe House' movie he did with Denzel Washington.

boom boom boom posted:

There have been a lot of good comic book movies
The Rocketeer is a cool movie.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

naem posted:

It was good
:psyduck:

naem
May 29, 2011

It was

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Remember how they released Origins Men X-Wolverine unfinished and the CGI looked like Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Did they ever go back and fix that or did they just say "gently caress it" and left it that bad?

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
I mean I dunno that movie had its moments, like the beginning where it showed Wolverine and Sabertooth fighting together through all those wars. And it did do Sabertooth right after the first X-Men movie did him wrong.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Deadpool makes the lamest weakest "jokes" that most of the time are just references to things that are long dated by the time it's printed I'm really unsure why people even like him

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

burritolingus posted:

Remember how they released Origins Men X-Wolverine unfinished and the CGI looked like Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Did they ever go back and fix that or did they just say "gently caress it" and left it that bad?

It looked slightly better, but nah, they mostly just said gently caress it. Also they didn't so much release it like that as much as it leaked.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Uncle Wemus posted:

Deadpool makes the lamest weakest "jokes" that most of the time are just references to things that are long dated by the time it's printed I'm really unsure why people even like him

yeah and you know what, game of thrones sucks, the new pokemons are garbage, the future is grim and we're all going to die very, very soon.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Uncle Wemus posted:

its pretty cool that they wrote your posts into the deadpool comicbooks

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

yeah and you know what, game of thrones sucks, the new pokemons are garbage, the future is grim and we're all going to die very, very soon.

Hope will only truly be lost when we can no longer find fulfilment in disliking what others derive pleasure from.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

TheJoker138 posted:

It looked slightly better, but nah, they mostly just said gently caress it. Also they didn't so much release it like that as much as it leaked.

I went to see it opening weekend with some friends (mainly because a friend who saw the leaks said it was bad and ridiculous and we were bored) and remember that scene being like that in the theaters. Maybe my memory is just bad, though. I also seem to recall the friend who saw the leak say the leak was even less finished but he was surprised at what they didn't fix (like the claws there).

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

cram me sideways posted:

deadpool is officially goon-sanctioned monkey cheese and i can't figure out why

if any other character did what deadpool does they'd be loving crucified

but since it's deadpool it's okay so ahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa he likes pancakes and enchilladas tPIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG HE BROKE THE FOURTH WALL AHAHAHAHA

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

burritolingus posted:

I went to see it opening weekend with some friends (mainly because a friend who saw the leaks said it was bad and ridiculous and we were bored) and remember that scene being like that in the theaters. Maybe my memory is just bad, though. I also seem to recall the friend who saw the leak say the leak was even less finished but he was surprised at what they didn't fix (like the claws there).

Yeah, there was plenty of bad CGI in the movie itself, but the leak was even worse. I don't think the claws there are actually from the movie, but they look nearly as bad there too.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
interviewer: Hugh Jackson! Hugh Jackson! Now that you are old and gross and can no longer believably play Wolverine, what will you do now?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Xenomrph posted:

Haven't seen that one. I also liked that 'Safe House' movie he did with Denzel Washington.

The Rocketeer is a cool movie.

Mystery Men too. And Tank Girl and Dredd.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

boom boom boom posted:

Mystery Men too. And Tank Girl and Dredd.
I didn't realize Mystery Men was based on an actual comic. I haven't seen that movie in forever.

Other cool "based on a comic" movies:

- From Hell (although it is drastically different from the comic, but not in a bad way)
- V for Vendetta
- Road to Perdition
- Snowpiercer
- Hellboy 1 and 2

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

cram me sideways posted:

deadpool is officially goon-sanctioned monkey cheese and i can't figure out why

if any other character did what deadpool does they'd be loving crucified

but since it's deadpool it's okay so ahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa he likes pancakes and enchilladas tPIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG HE BROKE THE FOURTH WALL AHAHAHAHA

bazinga

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

cram me sideways posted:

interviewer: Hugh Jackson! Hugh Jackson! Now that you are old and gross and can no longer believably play Wolverine

Have you actually seen what Hugh Jackman looks like nowadays

[edit] I assume you meant hugh jackman because im not familiar with any Hugh Jackson

Faux Mulder
Aug 1, 2014

just gonna do whatever I want to do, all the time

Blade Trinity was a huge pile of poo poo but Ryan Reynolds was the best thing in that movie, and his character in that movie has a pretty Deadpool sense of humor so if you wanted to get an idea of what the movie will be like you could do worse than watch it. IIRC he contributed a lot of his own lines because Wesley Snipes was stoned and unreliable for the entire shoot and they had to increase Ryan Reynolds' part to make up for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Zzulu posted:

Have you actually seen what Hugh Jackman looks like nowadays

[edit] I assume you meant hugh jackman because im not familiar with any Hugh Jackson

Hug Jerkman plays... The X Man! Again! Because what the gently caress else is he gonna do!

• Locked thread