Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
Too many try hards uploading generic content to appease the masses. Just for the all mighty dollar. I miss the old YouTube where people just posted poo poo they were passionate about without regard to production value and all that poo poo. It was more real and more interesting.

What do you guys think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
i dont like thing

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

i dont really like how everyone has these cheesy 90s style title screens now, op, but i dont care enough about this to actually care iykwim. all the 13 year olds in my family basically spend the entire weekend watching youtube, which i think has to be better than watching tv all weekend. these are my thoughts on youtue.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

i [smash cut] think [smash cut] new youtube [smash cut] is [smash cut] fine

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

opus111 posted:

i dont really like how everyone has these cheesy 90s style title screens now, op, but i dont care enough about this to actually care iykwim. all the 13 year olds in my family basically spend the entire weekend watching youtube, which i think has to be better than watching tv all weekend. these are my thoughts on youtue.

Yeah, I agree. I also hate how we have to go through 30 seconds of some overly done cinematic intro just to get the the content and then they talk about all the merchendise they have for sale before actually getting to the content. I just wanted to know more about this SSD I don't want to listen to your marketing bullshit.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
i like 7 minute long instructional videos that give you no more information than would fit in half a paragraph of text

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

opus111 posted:

when i was a kid we didn't watch tv on the weekend because nothing was on except maybe some poo poo in the evening like beastmaster or a james bond movie

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Ramsus posted:

when i was a kid we didn't watch tv on the weekend because nothing was on except maybe some poo poo in the evening like beastmaster or a james bond movie

well i mean we only watched the cartoons on Saturday morning but i mean lets face it, kids today are either gonna be watching TV, calling each other faggots over CoD or watching youtube and i think the last option is the best one.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

SweetKarma posted:

Too many try hards uploading generic content to appease the masses. Just for the all mighty dollar. I miss the old YouTube where people just posted poo poo they were passionate about without regard to production value and all that poo poo. It was more real and more interesting.

What do you guys think?

Yeah man how dare people use their time and resources to create wonderfully entertaining videos for other people and then get rewarded for their art they should just poo poo out any old poo poo with no actual incentive to make it any good.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
I like how I used to use it to play nature sounds or episodes of How It's Made to help me fall asleep only to be woken up 20 minutes later to the blaring sounds of Nikki Minage because everything automatically continues since a few months ago.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

opus111 posted:

well i mean we only watched the cartoons on Saturday morning but i mean lets face it, kids today are either gonna be watching TV, calling each other faggots over CoD or watching youtube and i think the last option is the best one.
unfortunate, but true

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Shirley Crabtree posted:

they should just poo poo out any old poo poo with no actual incentive to make it any good.

Haha seems like that's been your approach to posting

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
just do this and youll earn millions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC_eHoOttIA

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Shirley Crabtree posted:

Yeah man how dare people use their time and resources to create wonderfully entertaining videos for other people and then get rewarded for their art they should just poo poo out any old poo poo with no actual incentive to make it any good.
as effort and overall quantity go up, overall substance and quality go down. hope this helps

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

quakster posted:

as effort and overall quantity go up, overall substance and quality go down. hope this helps

Yeah man totally, also all Hollywood movies should only be allowed to use a budget of $10 and all the special effects should have to be out of cardboard because then they would all be so good. You're so smart.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Shirley Crabtree posted:

Yeah man totally, also all Hollywood movies should only be allowed to use a budget of $10 and all the special effects should have to be out of cardboard because then they would all be so good. You're so smart.
this would, unironically, improve the substance of hollywood movies, but only a little because hollywood is a vestigial appendage of north american culture and hesitant to actually say anything worth listening to

salaries might take a hit, however

quakster fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Jul 20, 2015

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
I love it when they put up a large annotation 10 seconds into the video that says CHECK OUT MY OTHER VIDEO

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Melmac posted:

I like how I used to use it to play nature sounds or episodes of How It's Made to help me fall asleep only to be woken up 20 minutes later to the blaring sounds of Nikki Minage because everything automatically continues since a few months ago.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Shirley Crabtree posted:

That's exactly what I want though. YouTube has become a bunch of tryhards who only care about releasing content that will maximize their profits. I don't give a poo poo about production value, I just want to watch someones honest take on a particular product. You can't do that when your sponsors are breathing down your neck.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
Maybe it's just me, but I like listening to real people giving honest opinions about products they've plooking form some monetary end-game.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

YouTube was better without ads: fact.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Everything is LPs, even people who basically pioneered youtube content are just doing LPs now. loving James Rolfe who played video games on youtube before Let's Plays were a thing is just doing Let's Plays now. Felicia Day is doing Let's Plays. Hank Green, Let's Plays.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
youtube was better when I could watch viacom cartoons for free

loving greedy capitalists

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"Shall we play a game?" -NORAD, Let's Play Tic-Tac-Toe for the ZX Spectrum (1983)

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
hey guuuuys

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Germstore posted:

Everything is LPs, even people who basically pioneered youtube content are just doing LPs now. loving James Rolfe who played video games on youtube before Let's Plays were a thing is just doing Let's Plays now. Felicia Day is doing Let's Plays. Hank Green, Let's Plays.
it is human nature to create mazes for others to run through and observe them as they do so. beep boop fart

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Youtube was better when I could set a default resolution.

I'd like to say good things about new youtube, but if I do, they'll remove them.

DeepQantas fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jul 20, 2015

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

DeepQantas posted:

Youtube was better when I could set a default resolution.

I'd like to say good things about new youtube, but if I do, they'll remove them.

'

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
3d utube is a l;ittle overated

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
I'd comment but i don't have a google plus account

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

CoolCat posted:

YouTube was better without ads: fact.
Use AdBlock Plus?

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Shirley Crabtree posted:

none of these people have t had real world jobs so they don't actaully knw what real work is. *oh jeeze I have to ;play a video game for 30 minutes and upload it to youtube and make $7000 dollars. Life is so hared

Bareback Werewolf fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jul 20, 2015

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
i think pewdiepie is garbage and i've never seen a single one of his videos and then he made some stupid response video to people who don't like him and i was like ahahah, i never saw any of your poo poo and i'm sure as hell not going to watch your response and my opinion of you remains unchanged! nice try, ding dong!

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost
I enjoy the endless stream of "hay guys check out this video" comments crosslinked from Google+ because that is clearly relevant content that I'm interested in after I have finished watching said video.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
sometimes I see all the thumbnails of some quirky idiot 22 year old making a face while looking at the logo of a new game I've never heard of and wonder if anything in the world could possibly be less appealing to me

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

SweetKarma posted:

none of these people have t had real world jobs so they don't actaully knw what real work is. *oh jeeze I have to ;play a video game for 30 minutes and upload it to youtube and make $7000 dollars. Life is so hared
Yeah? Why not do it yourself?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Shirley Crabtree posted:

"wonderfully entertaining?" You sure?

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

cram me sideways posted:

i think pewdiepie is garbage and i've never seen a single one of his videos and then he made some stupid response video to people who don't like him and i was like ahahah, i never saw any of your poo poo and i'm sure as hell not going to watch your response and my opinion of you remains unchanged! nice try, ding dong!
pewder py is pretty much a regular joe who happened to get picked by random chance. coulda been worse, theres poo poo tons of genuinely terrible lpers

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
i always think the top of my video is getting cut off with the way the layout is now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Unboxing videos are awesome. Although there can only be one. And it's TAPE

• Locked thread