Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
I wonder if we will get a Heel vs. Heel in the Dubstep Dudes, they still Team BAMF?, versus the Vaudvillians or if say at Takeover if it will be Vaudvillians vs Enzo/Cass for #1 contender. I am kinda surprised that Enzo/Big Cass have not won the NXT tag titles and have a nice long run with them. They could hold on to the NXT tag titles till after Wrestlemania and be brought up to lead the main roster tag team division in 2016.

Right now it seems like we get Enzo/Cass once a month in squash matches or loosing #1 contender matches

I think they Wyatts got a good rub out of the NXT tag titles and they 3 man with Neville/Graves/Regal vs the Wyatt Family was great. I know I was watching NXT when the Wyatts moved up the roster and they crowds reacted accordingly.

of the list given I could only see Enzo/Cass being moved up

flashy_mcflash posted:

Right now they have

Dubstep Dudes
Enzo and Cass
Jordan and Gable
Vaudevillains
Mechanics

which is probably enough for a show that's only an hour a week. I really don't see any of these teams being called up in the short term.

the NXT tag division is in about as bad shape as the main roster tag division. Tag team matches should be a way to use guys who wouldn't get over on their own. Enzo is too small for WWE, Cass does not have enough cardio to go 15 minutes by himself, so with a tag team Enzo and Cass can help each other out. But the rest of those tag teams look like someone taking left over talent and just tossing them into tag teams. I should like the vaudvillians but it killed Adian English's singing career, so who now puts the E in the WWE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
-eva has no timing and is not living the character, brother

-WWE has a lot of hot aussie chicks

-can't wait for Regal to call in a favor from an old friend from japan to beat tyler breeze

-samoa joe is the next wyatt

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

Angular Landbury posted:

I don't think I have ever seen someone on this forum admit to hating a wrestler in a heel way.

I like the Miz in a heel way, I think he is good a bumping around a bit, the Big Show punch aside, and I always enjoy watching him loose

but I don't want WWE to fire the Miz 'cause he is good at what he does, big a heel

Toru Yano is a heel but is also terrible and I do not want to watch his matches

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

MotU posted:

The hastening of my own mortality and whether or not Enzo and Cass will be split up to jumpstart a Cass singles career when they reach the main roster as the two main things that keep me up at night

are you saying there can only be one realest guy in the room and the other might be softer?

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
Baron Corbin looks like an 20 year old with too many tattoos trying to look 30, or maybe it is just his hair line looks 35

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

rovert posted:

They like you to travel the World and they want men not boys.

After listening to the couple Paige podcasts and getting a view at her real personality I could see why the WWE pulled the trigger on her. Paige checks off alot of the check boxes they are looking for. Paige has family in the business, that doesn't give her a check exactly but I could imagine that being willing to work in the carny enviroment of pro-wrasslin' is a plus. Being use to working 300+ days a year, working hurt, working more than one match a night, and working in front of crowds are all pluses. I think one thing that might be harder than you think is getting and maintaining visas and passports. I wonder if that is why the WWE hates DUIs and weed so much, because those things might slow up the passport process. Working around the world means that the individual knows the responsibilites of booking flights, traveling time zones, adjusting for lag, giving a good show every night; theseall those things are things you learn and can't just teach.

But I think most importantly is that the WWE wants WWE people. Paige seemed like the female Austin in that podcas, she would of had a Stevewieser or two if offered. A person can be the greatest individual wrassler or tag team or what not, the WWE knows how to use them for a bit, discredit them in losses or angles, and move on. The guys and gals who stick around are WWE people. If you are good at what you do, can work the WWE system, and know how to politic a bit you can last forever. Mark Henry, Big Show, Kane. There are other tall or big guys around but each works their style of match very well, are easily identifiable (except Kane with no mask looks like a Road Warrior without make-up to me; sad), and can be marketed for years and years. WWE wants to take wrasslers and make them action figures for resale and not all wrasslers are that.

I liked Leo Kruger in NXT and Johnny Curtis in FCW because they were the dark-type pokemon that had decent programs. But for the main roster you need to be able to be sold in K-Mart. Insert Joke about Johnny Curtis and his chloroform rag accessory. Thus Adam Rose and Fandango are very easy for any idiot to see and understand their gimick. Adam Rose is a party boy who sucks, Leo Kruger is a South-African mercenary. Oh, you mean the place that had apartid and is still very racial divided? Yeah, slap a rose graphic on his rear end and toss him out there.

Do people really want to see their indy guys in WWE or do people just want everything to be WWE?

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
watched the tag team match with one non-wrestling friend and he agreed with me; Alexa Bliss has a sweet rear end. My friend wanted Simon Gotch to be named Giuseppe. Blue Pants blue hair was bad. A few more non-wrestling friends came over and we watched the double main event. They all enjoyed the women's match more, probably because they are attractive women. One of them said something like, never saw Hogan or Ultimate Warrior do that after the corner suplex. They all laughed at Finn Balor and thought he was a venom cosplay guy.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

rovert posted:

Every action shot of her at Live Events is her giving someone a bearhug.

oh so another Braun Stowman? That dude set the WWE Universe on fire.

rovert posted:

I remember the night of the tapings people saying the reaction to Blue Pants was a lot quieter than in the past and fans were saying that she was played out. This was taped before Brooklyn.

things are cool because the WWE dosen't think they are, when the WWE then backs these things the fans move away from them.

so Rovert, is Blue Pants signed? I see her for WWE 24 commericals so it would be weird to feature her if she is not on some kind of Rhyno deal

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

Charles Gnarwin posted:

It was weird seeing Gargano and Ciampa get a win using their indie names. I wonder where that will lead.

could the report that Breeze stiffed Ciampa be backwards? That slap seemed pretty on point. I suppose Ciampa can be sent back to join the force with something for their announcers (they have those?) to comment on. I could see them doing something like Hideo and have Johnny come out and rename himself Chip Manly.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

Hace posted:

Seth Rollins was only kept in FCW to enhance and spread the FCW brand.

when will they add stuff like that to the network?

Flameingblack posted:

The difference between NXT and RAW is night and day, and Smackdown only serves as a buffer between what they did on RAW and what they'll do next Monday anyway, it literally serves no purpose except being a televised house show.

A good smackdown does enchance the main storyline and so probably shouldn't just be it's own show. Smackdown allows them to give chances to things that they can redo on raw so it becomes real. The dubba-dubba-e justs needs to remember that sports entertainment needs to be a good combo, so if you want funky finishes then you need to have decent 8 minute matches to go along with it. Was the most current smackdown a bit better than normal? Sure, where there too many screw job finnishes? Sure, did Xavier Woods pull out a trombone from under the ring? Sure did. WWE is only really bad when there is no direction. Adrian Neville versus the Cosmic Job Squad might lead to some decent matches on smackdown.

rovert posted:

Triple H's EWR game

makes sense now, Rovert is an EWR player posting in a TEW world

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
I liked Crazy Sarah Dobson's tattoo, good to see a juggalette moving up in the world

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
I had been looking for the stiffing (that a word?) during the Breeze/Ciampa match because I heard the scoops that Breeze stiffed Ciampa but it looked like to me that Breeze took more punishment during that match. Breeze could be the next Christian. And by that I mean maybe beating Jack Swagger on a Superstars. But I don't know, Swagger has been on a role on Superstars.

rovert posted:

When it comes to NXT things tend to take longer than expected. It is still part of a Corporation. Even Adam Pearce and Sarah Stock took loving forever to get signed as trainers something as basic as that.

Why would independent contractors need contracts?

rovert posted:

If anything going by what people told me that night Balor gave Enzo too much in the match. Diminutive underdog goes toe to toe with the Champion type vibe.

because using a basic storytelling element on the fly during a match is bad? I noticed that Gargano is shorter than Breeze so how high can his ceiling be? That said Gargano/Crews was a good match that makes you want them to have more time.

Hace posted:

I thought the video package was nice, but was a little disappointed that was the final segment wasn't something in-ring.

Could there be more than one way to program a TV show? Main event stuff goes in the main event slot. Don't slot shame.

Are the people not excited about being called up just Zack Ryder?

Emma did seem like the person who most understood her character and ring positioning. Probably paranoid to not mess up like the B that botched in Brooklyn. I also liked Emma messing with the crowd and I also want to know what is up with her gloves. Those a thing? She invent cut-off gloves? What are the scoops.

Dana's crotch chops is the funniest thing. Kicky Aussie lady was cooler when named KC Cassidy, why can't fake names have fake initials?

no way WWE is smart enough to have Enzo and Cass be back to back entrants in the rumble with Enzo talking for the minute thirty whatever, then their music hits again and he just introduces Big Cass who was with him the whole time. Clean house then tossed out by Big Show who was sleeping in the corner. Like a Big Show double over the top rope lariat would definitely give them the rub.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
I think it is hilarious to think that some muscle men and beach babes at the PC are upset at loosing spots and paydays. I could see some 20-somethings that all they do is work-out and look good that if they move to Florida and work for $500 a week that they will be soopa-stars.

Just watch the product and one can notice that the announces need things to talk about. So if you are Chad Gable or Jack Swagger, the announcers can talk about your college career. If you are Dana Brooke or Big E Langston, then they mention your wins in weightlighting or atheltic competitions. If you are Mojo Rawley or Baron Corbin, then they talk about how you scrubbed out of football. Titus (O'Neal?) played football at Florida, Darren Young was on Tough Enough, they are former tag team champions, and on and on -- this gives the announcers things to talk about.

So the indie darlings coming in just have more for them to talk about. "Hey Cory did you ever face Hideo in your travels to Japan?" "well let me tell you Rich, I just went to Japan just to buy a jacket at a steak house but I did see some Hideo Itami matches on the internet and that kid can go"

if you start a job straight out of High School you might be able to work your way up the ladder but you have to know there will be people coming in with college degrees and from other companies with more exprience that could take job opportunities from the longer termed employees. If some guy named is employed at the PC since FCW and sees all the indie guys like Sami, Owens, Finn taking spots and getting TV time, then it makes sense to leave the PC and go to Japan to improve. If CJ parker's run as Juice Robinson improves his in-ring work and exposure then the might make it back to the states and would have more value to the WWE to give him TV time.

A lot of people have career changes when they hit 30 years old, just got to be weird to be a muscled-up person who was told they would be a superstar to still be lifting weights in Florida and not on TV.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

sticklefifer posted:

Though all of those people getting signed at the same time as one of the winners really shows how little Tough Enough matters.

maybe they were all just OK and the winners just got more money :shrug:

sonicice posted:

Danny Burch should grow a slightly thicker beard and start The New Bushwackers

I have been liking Burch as well. When they take the time to promo and video package people I wait for their debut and judge them. But I enjoy seeing the jobbers and I don't judge them, they are just there to take a dive. So when jobbers get more and more TV time then those become "mine" or "our" jobbers. Jordan & Gable, the Mechanics, and even going back to LeFort and Russev I always enjoyed seeing the jobbers and enjoy seeing them get wins and move up the roster.

I do not remember video packages for Sami Zayn. I just remember everyone being upset/excited that el Generico was going unmasked at NXT house shows, I could be wrong but didn't he just showed up all smiles and won two matches in his debut.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

AMReese posted:

I prefer his first theme. It sounded much more badass.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOU4nRi6u08

Yeah, but I'm wondering what they hoped to gain by portraying a face like Mojo like that, because you'd be dumb to not see that he comes off as a prick.

you kill the red shirts off first then when the a main cast member gets the axe it has even more effect, so hopefully they fire mojo

anyone see mojo working the indies if fired? Taking his mojo squad show to show taking up seats then bailing after matches. Need to fire him to get more quality comps

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
isn't it legal to be a sex worker in Australia if one is registered and works in a brothel? Seems like WWE should of known or maybe WWE just likes ringrats and getting paid isn't in the WWE spirit.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

sticklefifer posted:

There was also that brief period a couple years ago when Rosa went as a platinum blonde and dressed like Marilyn Monroe and it didn't work for her at ALL.

I thought she was looking fine as a blonde, I miss her screaming her head off during Epico and Primo matches

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
WWE could use a diva named like Spider Lady to break from the norm for them

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

Flameingblack posted:

even bring back AJ for a match

KO told us she is not coming back, thou Asuka could murder Lita in the backstage if you want. Why does everyone want Asuka to move up and not for divas to come down? If NXT gives more time for matches, wouldn't it be better to have a main roster diva to come down? Asuka v Cameron on Raw would not have been as fun as it was on NXT. Also a person needs to speend 5000 to 10000 hours on something to master it acording to a John Green video I watched. I do not think Eva Maria has the time in to give quality matches yet.

Also, no love for Fandango? A gimick I never understood why they would bother with and then be upset it gets over. Did they want a dancing fool that the crowd would boo? When the stupid dances gets over, why not feed him to heels?

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

Mulaney Power Move posted:

good luck on that, lady. finn is a "lego man," if you get what i mean.

I got a friend who has been watch NXT with me for a month or more and refers to Finn has Hard Gay, Joe as Chunk, Corbin as Wannabe Biker Taker, and Crews as Stacks-on-Stacks.

NXT tag teams have picked up since mania-season but the Hype Bros just don't do it for me. Mojo is bad.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

The_Rob posted:

Let's be honest though who is the last wrestler to actually have real character development. Every WWE wrestler is a one note gimmick. They say Whay they're about then they don't do any thing else.

AJ Lee going from competitor to GM to pass around girlfriend to best diva on the roster? Daniel Bryan going from losing the WHC, to having good tag matches with Kane, to becoming the people's champ? None of the current people on the main roster have any story of importance. Maybe Rusev coming in as a brute; gaining Lana, the support of Mother Russia, and the US title, then moving on to feud with Dog Ziggler. Not the best story, but at least Rusev got mic and ring time.

I enjoy NXT as much as the next person, but they don't spend anymore time than the main roster on establishing character. People have gimmicks, everyone hears about them from live event reports, so when someone like Tye Dillinger comes out doing the Perfect Ten thing; the crowd already knows and is eager for it. Tye didn't get much promo time to establish it, the internet geeks were ready without it. I think Adam Rose was part of this problem. People get hyped for something but can't stay hyped. The promo time they give Mojo just reinforces that the Hype Bros are bros and does nothing to really help them; just keeps the character in a holding pattern.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

rovert posted:

Somewhat related Balor and Corbin are on the road with WWE this weekend. Such is the lack of depth it is hard to discern whether it is a main roster grooming exercise or that just that they are two warm bodies that Live Event audiences vaguely know being added to cards.

Akileese posted:

Did tickets for NXT during Wrestlemania weekend go on sale yet or has it not been announced yet?

I also want tickets to NXT at Mania and am hoping for passing of the torch maybe from Finn to someone else or if Finn is already on the main roster then like Somoa Joe putting someone over.

rovert posted:

I am very much wait and see on Elias Samson. I don't have too much faith in his prospects but that speaks to more of an issue with NXT's booking than him. Elias is fundamentally sound but nothing flashy. He talks and carries himself very well. Given the right breaks he'll transition out of The Drifter gimmick and will be propelled to being something more.

Could Elias be a Crowe/Parker type replacement? Comedy jobber

I like how the NXT titles are just that and not say World or a Heavyweight title. The NXT champion is the NXT champion and so on. What title could they create? Maybe NXT Cruiserweight? In my TEW I just moved the WWE European championship to NXT, reactivated it as a midcard title. I did this too with LU and the AAA Fusion title. Belts do help focus storylines on some kind of payoff, capstone, or turning point for workers. Could NXT use the FCW 15 type medal instead of a title? Seems like it let midcarders have longer matches but there was still a FCW Heavyweight championship to go after once established more.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
Auska/Emma was good besides the dumb chain-wallet thing. Dana Brooke needs to start dressing like a black widow spider or DC's silver banshee

Tag Match was an excellent display for both teams. I thought Big Cass's selling of his knee was dumb and should of just stood up and hobled a bit so when he would go to dodge the second attempt at his knee; the crowd would of popped more. No one is cheering for someone laying on the ground...

Baron Corbin is going bald. In 3 years Josh from Tough Enough will be as along as Corbin and probably still getting passed up to go to the main roster over super freak Apollo Crews. Could they just trade dance partners and we get Joe/Crews and Corbin/Balor for the next event? In 2 more years will Corbin be as good as WWEHC Roman Reigns? Thou I guess Crews is younger than Corbin or Reigns but just has more matches and exprience than guys that only worked in Florida.

Bayley is great. Nia did a decent job tossing Bayley around but could of probably done more. I was hoping for a second rope baley to belly

Finn Balor does not seem like a main eventer to me. Since the Japan show, Balor matches have declined in quality to me. Even with Apollo Crews and now this Somoa Joe match it feels like there should be more. I know the Crews had a dusty finish but Joe could of gone another 10 minutes in London easily. I wanted to see CM Punk matches to see what moves he would do and how he would win. I want to see Cesaro matches to see what moves he would do and if he can win. I want to see Asuka matches for the same reason: Bayley, Zayn, Neville, and the like. Finn has an entrance, a running zig-zag, double foot stomps, being dazed in the corner, top rope double foot stomp, yawn.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

AMReese posted:

Uhh... do you even watch NXT? Do you not know that that leg was the one that was (admittedly a work) injured by The Mechanics and put him out for weeks and that's why he was selling it more than normal?

Or do you just hate any sort of continuity?

any real injury is going to have the match stop blah blah blah

working through an injury is better than laying on the matt like a dumb-dumb head :shrug:

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
I like Danny Burch as an enchancement talent and am happy Ciampa is going to face him in the spoilers I looked at

No Luck Needed fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jan 8, 2016

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

EL BROMANCE posted:

I don't dislike Burch, but they picked the wrong London wrestler by a long way. Sha Samuels would've easily been my pick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F12btuJe2g0

I dunno how to do the embedded time stamp when pasting here, but skip to 21mins.

I watched this match and I really dug the British announcers

Sha seems like a fine heel who knows how to work the crowd and get himself some heat

But that is not want an enchancement talent is needed for. I am not saying Burch is the next 1-2-3 Kid, he is more like Hugh Morris. Morris could do a moonsault but he was manly there to make guys like Goldberg, Staurn, Norton, or whomever look good or needed to give wins too. Burch sold great for Somoa Joe, James Storm, and Apllo Crews. Sha could be a right proper villian, the East End Butcher sounds awesome, but what NXT needs in an enchanment talent guy to take and sell bumps.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

EL BROMANCE posted:

I'll definitely agree with this, but at the same time I'm not entirely sure why they'd hire from abroad just for enhancement. If their reason for hiring Stone/Burch was because they've exhausted their pool and they think he's a perfect fit then fair enough, but it's so much easier hiring a US/local guy for that than go through the rigmarole of a guy relocating and dealing with working visas.

Stone's cagematch shows a lot of Flordia indy shows, so maybe his visas are not an issue. He probably has a "Rhyno-type-deal" the cagematch on Rhyno shows lots of indy dates too. I think this is what people wanted from James Storm, a bit of name that could be used to put over the younger talent. Burch/Stone might not be a name, but he bumps good, worked for WWE before and stuck with his craft and ended up doing more jobs for NXT. Not everyone can be pushed, so it is nice to have talent around that have wrestling ability to put over someone who NXT wants to put over.

Asuka absolutely amazing and it can be hard to believe she has only been on "TV" since July. Asuka is a staple now and I look forward to any Takeover match with her.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
finaly got to see the Ciampa/Burch match that I was hyped for. I enjoyed the small Danny Burch chant drowned out by the Ciampa chant. Springboard t-bone DDT? Good arm bar stuff and knees from Ciampa, Burch had a good knee stick, enziguri, ugly mug, and missile drop kick

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
watched NXT with my buddy that I have gotten into wraslin. He made it over after I had already started the show and asked if he had missed Bayley but had only missed the tag team match. He asked me how many 'roids Alex Riley is on; so there is no consensus to measure roid usage, it is just ovbious. He thought Samson knocked that jobber out with the knee before the neckbreaker. He wanted Somoa Joe to win and was dismayed at the ending asking why we don't just watch this LU he has heard about. So we watched LU Fenix v. Mil Muertes and the crew vs angelico/havoc trios ladder match. He thought all those people where hurting each other, which is probably true

I am still hype for NXT but I have stayed hyped for LU

I enjoyed Baron Corbin getting smashed and the backstage promos from this NXT. Mojo watches Zach sleep :stare:

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

Codependent Poster posted:

Evil Emma is way too hot.

her character now is Kenny Omega as the Cleaner

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I love how there is a person here acting like an ankle injury is a sign that he's too fragile to work a full schedule.

didn't Ahmed Johnson get a de-push for spraning an ankle? Maybe it was for hating the gays. Hating the gays is something that we don't have to worry about with Finn if you know what I mean :smuggo:

I think Scott Norton was set for a push after one of his IWGP title reigns in WCW but a sprained ankle kept him back.

Chronic injuries have derailed Wade Barrett from ever doing anything meaningful

It reminds me of Tracy McGrady, one of the best dunkers and chuck shooters of his era, but McGrady would fall asleep on his couch playing playstation and miss games due to "back pain." A person might be one of the best but if they can't make it to game day then they will never be a legend. How many matches did Cena, Punk, or DBry do in the last 3-5 years super banged up? I would guess a lot.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

AMReese posted:

Yeah. That's all Ahmed did to deserve a de-push. Sprain an ankle.

Not being made of glass and being dangerous with everyone he worked with.

I am not trying to defend a dude that I only remember Farooq squashing but not being able to compete does stop pushes

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
that Asuka match was a great display of why Asuka is amazing. The multiple spinning back fists and heel kick followed up by sitting on the opponent were great

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
Finn the most uninteresting NXT champ? I was hyped for the transition from Rollins to Big E Langston when I started watching NXT. Big E put people down for a 5 count, was super over without talking. Bo Dallas was great, it was really fun watching and wanting Bo to loose and leave town. Adrian Neville had the best matches as NXT champ. Sami had a great build up to his title win but it was a bit short with Kevin Owens coming in and crushing everyone. Owens v Balor in Tokyo was really good but unfortunately Bayley v Sasha stole the show at Brooklyn and Balor has been struggling to keep my interest since. The Dusty Rhodes Classic seemed like a waste of heat between Finn and Joe too.

Finn v Crews was OK, it was neat watching Finn work heel while being the top face of NXT but the match had no heat and a hosed finish. When Big E had the title you knew someone was getting squashed. With Neville you kinda thought he was going to lose but somehow pulled out a Red Arrow for the win. With Sami/Owens I got the feeling like this is setting up years of feuds between the two. With Balor I am just waiting to see what is next for him. The NXT title went from the springboard to the main roster to holding pattern trying to get a gimmick entrance cleared past Vince.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
It is cool that Gargano got the first win over the Drifter, makes you think that they are going to treat these Evolve guys more than just jobbers.

Is that the last we ever see of Bull on NXT? Joe chocking him out?

Did any other NXT champion ever have a middle match and not main event? Finn working heel against Swan was neat but I don’t think it did anything for Finn. It showed Swan is awesome and can sell a brainbuster instead of just making it look like a suplex.

Finn Balor is Irish Randy Orton. I know he can have good matches, I know he can show emotion in promos; he just doesn’t. Why does the top face have to work head locks for half the match? Why is Finn so boring on TV and allowed to cut loose on house shows? If Somoa Joe doesn’t win the NXT title in Dallas, I hate to say I am going to boo Balor from my cheap seats (that I guess are worth a lot more than the $25+ I gave tickemaster for).

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

AMReese posted:

Btw, No Luck Needed, Bull has another match next week. It has to be his last one.

good, I never wished anything bad for Bull and even thought his comedy spot was dead on satire; the Bull Fit chant had to go thou. He will learn more doing the indies than just doing NXT Florida gigs.

magnum_valentino posted:

I wasn't watching NXT when the other guys were champion regularly enough to comment, but I'm nearly sure I've seen Finn wrestle mid-show before on a weekly episode since he won the title.

Asuka/Emma was the better match and deserved the main event spot, but that is my problem; Finn should be the draw and the draw usually either warms the crowd up or closes it down. Finn getting a GIFable Bloody Sunday maybe was the only point of the match?

On another note, I really like how NXT has been handling the lower card talent. Gargano got a "big win" over someone the crowd is stale on that can help give whomever they job him out to next more legitimacy. Gargano already face Joe and Crews in good match ups, give Gargano some more wins as a face so he can have a longer, good match with say a heel Finn. I was excited to see my boy Danny Burch to face Bull, then Joe murdered them both; it was great. Sarah Dobson and Donna Perazzo have been helping the woman in both promos and in the ring. Emma and Dana needed Donna to be a foil too because Asuka isn't ready for long talking spots. Dobson is an attractive lady but isn't the fitness model that Alexa is. But with a Nina Jax on the roster it is good to have woman of all sizes :shrug:

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

billy cuts posted:

Really excited that NXT is touring the midwest. Last show I went to in Salina was a WCW Saturday Night taping in the late 90s.

was it the one where Eddie wrestled Kidman like three times? That was glorious. They kept wanting us to boo Eddie but the Salina crowd was not having it. We cheered Eddie on during a beat down of white-bread Billy Kidman.

Grozz Nuy posted:

How is it that NXT has never run a single date in California since it became a touring brand but they'll do dates in states with rear end-backwards regulations and bumfuck Kansas? I'm pissed.

there are several local Kansas back-yard feds with two of them working together to do Sunday shows in Salina. Trips heard 'bout it and is going to stomp out any competition no matter how small.

http://www.xweentertainment.com

next show in Newton, KS I believe
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rwe-up...tm-term=listing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy-ywrScsV4&t=597s
Here are the two staples, the Natester vs Chris Crazy, I skipped up to me clapping in my Forever Hooligans tee shirt
the Natester is their Icon, their version of Macho Man meets Hulk Hogan
Chris Crazy is one of xwe's best workers, I also like Maliki and Too Short

No Luck Needed fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 30, 2016

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
seeing Baron Corin live made me realize that he has Conor's size and Viktor's hairline #Acension

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

billy cuts posted:

I'll be there as well. I was only able to get third row seats, but hopefully I'll still be able to see okay.

2nd row for me in the old bicenter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

rovert posted:

The main roster makeup team got a hold of Bayley:

NXT needs to hire a real make up artist, from watching Breaking Ground it seemed like they brought in a consultant for make up and just have the woman do it themselves

• Locked thread