Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
I'm OK with all the changes so far (besides Paula*). But I think I mentioned in the last thread I'd still love and watch this show if it was back to back dance routines without judging or competition!

The episodes so far seem well crammed with routines. I'm typically more biased to the street styles, so if we get to see more street routines and styles (and of a higher quality) because of the changes I'll be happy.

TEN YEARS AGO THIS STARTED! That is crazy. But it really does deserve it for me.

No real favourites so far (besides already loving Jaja), but some real good dancers no question.

*Paula - I dont particularly dislike her, but her comments are so wishy washy and wandering, she might as well not bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
I have a terrbile memory so I'm no use when it comes to a comprehensive list of my favourites, but a couple of my go tos that typically don't get mentioned by other people that often-

Brandon and Janette - Ruby Blue (& +1 for stairs!).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5pnRgH65wk

Billy and Lauren - Boogie Shoes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef8e_JENKNA

There were a couple of my favourites in the 10 year show, but I did hope for a bit more from the episode. They should have made it a 3hr show :)

e: LOVED the final team street Busta routine last night.

MeKeV fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jul 28, 2015

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
I thought Burim gave it a decent go. Totally out danced by the two girls, but really not terrible. I expected much worse based on the pre performance video clip.

Asaf, on the other hand, was worse than I expected from his video clip.

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
I think I've only seen a season or two, but I remember being properly impressed by the routines Next Generation came up with, with them basically being a kids crew.

Hmmmm, cant find what I'm looking for on youtube right now.

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010

Atticus Finch posted:

RNG was the best and it sucked when they left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEDInO1aVN0

Jeez, they're even better than I remember.

The dancing is excellent but their routines were phenomenal. Were they on the same year as IaMmE? Less quirky and more "mainstream" routines than IaMmE but definitely on par creatively.

That Drake song where they're dressed in camo gear blew my mind first time I saw it.

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
Hasn't Leonardo stepped in a few times over the years? Might be a conspiracy...but a good one. He always does very little, but it's always incredible and the girl properly shines because of it. JJ is stunning anyway though. Funnily enough her partner wasn't on my radar at all until his interview saying he was injured. In fact I cant remember anything about him again now.
I'm not sure how much of it is bias but Jaja still regularly grabs my focus in the group numbers.

ABDC:
Dtrix looks like he's about to explode after their routines, more so the first week. Most likely down to being the other side of the judges desk. But seriously coked fired up.
SUPERCr3w, that knee/elbow slide!
We R Heroes didn't really improve much from their first showing.

Also......perhaps not the right thread for this but, in preparation for my impending trip to New York (first time in the States) I've flicked through the NYC thread and noticed this thread came up a few times. Was just wondering, besides the on/off broadway shows, would there be anywhere to catch some 'dance'. It's pretty hard to come by here in my part of the UK, besides FlexN's (Brooklyn based) recent trip to Manchester.

I may bump in to Billy Bell at Sleep No More.

MeKeV fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Aug 7, 2015

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
I can't really remember any of the routines despite only watching it yesterday. It was all a bit meh.

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
I reckon the final 4 is pretty fair. I think I probably expected Neptune to be in there but I can't really fault the four that were chosen.

Jaja is still my favourite, bias and all. Though without the bias I probably would have gone for Gaby after she grabbed me on one of her early solo's. She's been great all the way through.

But, if Jaja doesn't win, I'm blaming Christopher Scott. He completely wasted Jaja and Cyrus there. He's pointless.

Really liked Chebeeb's routine. Didnt love the Joshua & Virgil one nearly as much as the judges did.

I've no idea how Travis nails choreography over and over without it ever feeling like a regurgitation of one he's done before. Nearly all the other contemporary routines seem like a rehash of some sort.

And on that note, I reckon Travis was 'mentor' for team stage, Twitch? Probably not so much.

MeKeV fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Sep 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
Rar rar kids are rubbish, rar rar inappropriate, rarrr why they do dis etc etc

Well, they've regularly and properly blown me away! So shurrup, 'kay?

• Locked thread