Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Atticus Finch posted:

:laffo: they kept Asaf. Burim sucks, too but at least he doesn't consistently stick out like a sore thumb and takes part of his routines.

I am so beyond baffled by Asaf. Of all the people they could have brought back, they brought the one that can't even choreograph tying his shoes in the morning. At least he kept his mouth shut and busted his rear end this week. He doesn't deserve to be there but if he keeps putting his all into trying, I wont out right hate him. Burim isn't as bad but when it comes to his style, I've yet to see anything but power moves. I don't care how nice your air flares are if that's all you got.

One of the people that I'm really sad didn't make it was that tall blond ballroom dancer, Ryan Raffloer, that auditioned in New York. There was just something about him to me that caught my attention. The casual stance as the music started and the way he lifted his head up...I dunno, he just had that 'it' factor for me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReA7Qa0Cr8M

Not a fan of Jason Dorulo and while Paula talks to damned much, I do think she's better on here than on American Idol. I miss the guest judge format. Well...I just miss certain guest judges. I need Jessie Tyler Ferguson on the show. They have to find away to make this happen.

The part that I miss about the old format is the connection the dancers get to form. I think Jaja and Jim would have been a fantastic pair to have through the season. I do seem to know more of the dancers as well. Usually this early in the season I'll remember maybe 4-5 name and then rest are "that blond girl" or "that short guy".

All in all, I'm enjoying the season. It's JaJa's to lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Atticus Finch posted:

I can't believe they brought him back, either. What's the point? He can't be choreographed and his routines are incredibly dumbed down. At least with Cyrus, he tried and afterwords you thought "well, he tried". With Asaf, it's "did he try?" The judges critiques of him are TERRIBLE, too. Marissa deserved a ton of props for trying but instead she got "you should've engaged with your partner" and the like where he got "look at you, trying! Good for you!"

What I appreciated about him this week was that he finally shut his loving mouth and did the work. He spent extra time practicing, didn't give any lip and instead of trying to play 'woe is me', just buckled down and did his best to do his job. It still sucked but at least he didn't come off flippant while rehearsing it.

The problem with the judges doing much other than patting him on the head for trying is that they know he shouldn't be there, I'm sure he knows he shouldn't be there, the choreographers know he shouldn't be there and you can't just poo poo on the guy and beat him down every week. The idiot tween audience needs to get past his abs and bad boy attitude and send him home. At least it's a different format and some poor girl isn't stuck with him every week.

I also just realized that there are no ballroom dancers this season. That's lame. Now I'm really mad they didn't bring that cutie, tall blond boy in.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

Anne Whateley posted:

Nigel said on twitter the lack of ballroom dancers was because they didn't hold auditions in Salt Lake this year. He said it's been similar on other seasons when they didn't stop there.

Mormons and ballroom dancers are Utah's two main exports.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

I LOVED JJ's routine with Leonardo. Leonardo and Miriam are always my favorite. They just loving ooze sensuality and sex. JJ got beyond lucky for her partner to have gotten hurt. Hell, I might toss a banana peel on the ground were I in the competition and landed them as choreographers.

Virgil is becoming kind of what Kent was to me; someone who could fall off the stage onto his face and I wouldn't even care. I'd still vote for him. He just lights up the stage whenever he is on it. That smile, I can't take my eyes off of him.

I want to see Asaf and his partners dance done with different dancers. I don't think it was the routine so much as how they had to maim it and then it was danced poorly. I bet with like, Courtney and Mark K., that dance would have been hot as gently caress.

I agree with what someone else said about the opening performance. That is a really, really powerful song and the dance and choreography didn't live up to it to me.

And finally, :lol: at Nigel missing what Megz and what's his names routine was about.

Atticus Finch posted:

ABDC chat:

SUPER CR3W ALL DAY

While I haven't seen it, I'm quite sure this is the proper statement. I can't get the drat site to stream properly! :mad:

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

Aladdin posted:

Also that fish routine was pure sabotage.

Yeah, I felt bad for that one girl. She's had a hard time connecting with the audience and really needed to do that this week and then she lands an abstract Burlesque number where she is a fish.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

Tupping Liberty posted:

Anyone else sad that the solos don't end with the SYTYCD jingle?

Just me? Okay. :smith:

I'm sure it was just for this week since they were using specific music for everyone but it was weird because it's such a staple of the show. I did kind of like it though, it didn't di1stract from the end of the solos.

I can't believe JJ was sent home. I loved her. And I'm still not sure who the hell Derek was other than the fact he was always scared of having to touch the girls he was dancing with.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

All I really have to add is that I still have a stupid huge crush on Robert Roldan 3 seasons later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

So disappointed in this season. I have no interest in it, yet for some reason I keep watching. Hopefully when they bring in the all stars it will get better but I'm not holding my breath. I don't want to watch them dance with kids either. When I think back to a good portion of my favorite dances, they would be completely inappropriate to do with kids.

Does anyone know why they did this? We're the rating so low they were risking cancelation if they didn't find a gimmick and change it up?

The only part that I've kind of enjoyed is watching Kat with the kids but that's more because Kat is adorable in anything she does.

Also, kids ballroom and latin dancing makes me uncomfortable.

• Locked thread