Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

BlackJosh posted:

man you post a lot about how much you don't care

and he really needs to spread the news to his euro buddies to stfu about america then to make that true. because they wont stfu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prinneh
Jul 29, 2005
prince of denmark
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned how loud Americans are yet?

Anyway: Thinking about it now whether or not my small hatred for America is really just butthurt, I've decided that it both is and it isn't. The nature over there really is beautiful, but the people are just so pleased with themselves, living in squalor and still voting republican. I'm in Scandinavia, and granted we have our problems here too, but something that is instilled in us at a young age is something called "the law of jante" and it basically goes "Don't believe you're better than anyone else". In a broad context, this leads to us, or most of us anyway, being happy about having high taxes, because it means that we're helping eachother out. We're in it together. Any violation of this law in a social context automatifally makes me think you're a complete oval office, because you have pride in what more and more seems like the final days of Rome, but because I'm still obeying the jante law I can't tell you that, so I'll just nod and smile and keeping drinking instead. You guys used to be cool, but you just aren't anymore and so I'd mostly agree with the guy who said that most Europeans simply don't really care about the US these days.

Moosechees
Jun 1, 2002

rawr

SweetKarma posted:

TBH the ultra-patriotism you see in American media isn't actually how most Americans feel. I made this thread as a joke, but no American actually gives any thought to how "great" America is. In fact, a lot of Americans are really critical of our government.
lol you've never spent time anywhere but major cities along the coast

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
It's a weird thing with British people. You could tell a Canadian, German, Australian, loving Norwegian that America is the best country in the world and they'd just shrug their shoulders. But the loving moment you compare America to Britain they lose their loving minds..

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Moosechees posted:

lol you've never spent time anywhere but major cities along the coast

I've been to almost every state in the US. Yes, some of them are very patriotic, but they're not going to rub your nose in it if you're from a different country.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

SweetKarma posted:

Maybe we should all come together as one country. The country of Earth.

Peace & Love

:agreed:

But can't we still all just agree that the UK is a loser country full of ugly people?

Moosechees
Jun 1, 2002

rawr

SweetKarma posted:

I've been to almost every state in the US. Yes, some of them are very patriotic, but they're not going to rub your nose in it if you're from a different country.
You either didn't spend enough time in most of them or you're completely oblivious. You said "the ultra-patriotism you see in American media" and that's absolutely a thing in like a third of the country.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

tbf it is the worst third of the country

Never lived outside a blue state and I love it :toot:

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

We think the US is ok and all except for all the 'HOO RAH USA#1' bullshit you guys give seem to love so much. We get it, you are so insecure about living in a country where the infrastructure, education and healthcare deteriorate every day around you and nobody is going to fix it any time soon so you need to make yourselves feel good. But goddamn it's so awkward watching it that it puts our insecurity about losing control over the world to shame and we just feel sorry for you guys.

In the mean time please keep working triple shifts 6 days a week so you guys can pick up our defence tab so we can actually spend time with our kids, take a paid vacation for a month each year, don't bankrupt ourselves if we get sick and generally try to live a good life. If that means helping a hand every now and again killing brown people in senseless wars so be it, after all we invented that poo poo.

USA #1! GREATEST COUNTRY ON EARTH!

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Molentik posted:

We think the US is ok and all except for all the 'HOO RAH USA#1' bullshit you guys give seem to love so much. We get it, you are so insecure about living in a country where the infrastructure, education and healthcare deteriorate every day around you and nobody is going to fix it any time soon so you need to make yourselves feel good. But goddamn it's so awkward watching it that it puts our insecurity about losing control over the world to shame and we just feel sorry for you guys.

In the mean time please keep working triple shifts 6 days a week so you guys can pick up our defence tab so we can actually spend time with our kids, take a paid vacation for a month each year, don't bankrupt ourselves if we get sick and generally try to live a good life. If that means helping a hand every now and again killing brown people in senseless wars so be it, after all we invented that poo poo.

USA #1! GREATEST COUNTRY ON EARTH!

LOL royalty

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

ElGroucho posted:

LOL royalty

LOL if you think royalty is anything more than a human puppetshow for old people, the mentally disabled and foreign trade missions to swoon over.

e: Our royalty are pretty much your Kardashians with stupid traditions, cool palaces and less media coverage so we don't have to watch their ugly faces each time we watch the goddamn television.

Molentik fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 22, 2015

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
A better question is why are GBS yanks so insecure that they have to make thread after thread slagging off other countries. This is like the 4th this week. Weird.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Serotonin posted:

A better question is why are GBS yanks so insecure that they have to make thread after thread slagging off other countries. This is like the 4th this week. Weird.
can't help but yank themselves. shameful

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Molentik posted:

LOL if you think royalty is anything more than a human puppetshow for old people, the mentally disabled and foreign trade missions to swoon over.

e: Our royalty are pretty much your Kardashians with stupid traditions, cool palaces and less media coverage so we don't have to watch their ugly faces each time we watch the goddamn television.

Whatever, serf

Go curtsy to your Greek and German princes

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

We'd rather drink a cold beer in the park with friends after getting back from work at 5, frothing at the mouth about the neo-con bullshit you guys export and sharpen the guillotines for those that actually deserve it, thank you very much.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

prinneh posted:

Anyway: Thinking about it now whether or not my small hatred for America is really just butthurt, I've decided that it both is and it isn't. The nature over there really is beautiful, but the people are just so pleased with themselves, living in squalor and still voting republican. I'm in Scandinavia, and granted we have our problems here too, but something that is instilled in us at a young age is something called "the law of jante" and it basically goes "Don't believe you're better than anyone else". In a broad context, this leads to us, or most of us anyway, being happy about having high taxes, because it means that we're helping eachother out. We're in it together. Any violation of this law in a social context automatifally makes me think you're a complete oval office, because you have pride in what more and more seems like the final days of Rome, but because I'm still obeying the jante law I can't tell you that, so I'll just nod and smile and keeping drinking instead. You guys used to be cool, but you just aren't anymore and so I'd mostly agree with the guy who said that most Europeans simply don't really care about the US these days.

jante sounds like a huge fag and anything less than self-reliance is for suckers, enjoy your mediocrity

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Trap sprung

Cold beer in jolly old Britannia? FAAAAAAAAAAAAKEEEEEEEEE

prinneh
Jul 29, 2005
prince of denmark

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

jante sounds like a huge fag and anything less than self-reliance is for suckers, enjoy your mediocrity

*keeps drinking*

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

ElGroucho posted:

Trap sprung

Cold beer in jolly old Britannia? FAAAAAAAAAAAAKEEEEEEEEE

I'm worse than a Brit, I'm Dutch. But at least we have more than 2 days sunshine a year so it's all good.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I went to London about a month and a half ago, and I really liked the way just about any pub would be filled with people who just got off work having a drink with their friends at like 5:15, but most of the pubs themselves were awful. Small selection of bad beers. I've been spoiled by the American craft beer scene. British beer, when not watery and flavorless, is just bitter, and I understand you guys do it on purpose (sometimes it's even called "bitter") but I don't like it, at all. The beer in Amsterdam was far, far superior, and about half of it was American imports.

For the first time in history, American beer is better than European beer :boom:

e: me in an Amsterdam bar. "My god, this beer is delicious! Where is it from??? *googles* ...it's from Detroit. Okay." Brouwerij 't IJ ruled though, dat local dubbel

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Moosechees posted:

You either didn't spend enough time in most of them or you're completely oblivious. You said "the ultra-patriotism you see in American media" and that's absolutely a thing in like a third of the country.

I think you're confusing patriotism with jingoism.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

SweetKarma posted:

Maybe we should all come together as one country. The country of Earth.

Peace & Love

Earth is a planet, not a country, stupid. This is stupid. You're stupid.

We should just do a WW3 to decide which country is best. Least radioactive country by the end wins.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
they buy croutons

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Please stop being hate-filled losers, GBS.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Keg posted:

Careposting is illegal nerd

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

SweetKarma posted:

I don't hate people from other states, it's just that some states seem to breed retarded man children. Texas is a good example

*sucker punches you in the back of the head*

*owned bitch*

*Texas Rules*

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

spud posted:

Heh, the whole of the EU combined only just beats the USA for nominal GDP, and even that depends on what metric you use.

I really like America having visited it 3 times. Every state is like its own country, with unique things to see and do, and sometimes food.

I wouldn't want to live there though because your education and healthcare fees are obscene, and you get so little vacation time you don't get to enjoy the amazing country you live in.

the education costs are fine as long as you get a real degree instead of going for history major

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Keg posted:

*lovingly slaps you all over the face with my cock like slap slap slap slap slap*'

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

prinneh posted:

There is a lot of open space in the states and all this nature can be loud.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
It's probably because we aren't crammed butthole to belly button in dank medieval cities

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
every time that guy who gets a boner over making GBS threads on america and defending queen and crown, idk not scrolling up to see his name but his av is some fat guy in spandex, i imagine hes probably one of the unfunny faggots who disliked this vid and had a serious discussion in the comments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UsGEyz_2rE

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
like at least some euro countries are legit better than the US in some areas but england seems about as trash as somewhere in the midwest

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
A lot of the Scandinavian countries look like they have their poo poo together, but the people also have all the personality of a gutted carp

Talking to one of them is like shaking hands with a dead baboon, there's nothing on the other side

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Scandinavian education is free, but by all accounts you get what you pay for

American higher education is in a horrible financial state in that it's just a fact that when you enter young adulthood in this country you just go into tons and tons of crippling debt, it's just how it works, but on the plus side the education itself is really good

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I don't get why we call them roundabouts and the Brits call them traffic circles. Sounds like the opposite when it comes to quaint britishisms "the lift" etc

Also calling a semi truck a lorrey is so ridiculous I can't handle it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

I don't get why we call them roundabouts and the Brits call them traffic circles. Sounds like the opposite when it comes to quaint britishisms "the lift" etc

Also calling a semi truck a lorrey is so ridiculous I can't handle it

In MA those are called "rotaries", which to my completely unbiased ear seems correct and not weird unlike both of the other terms

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Whenever I go to Europe everyone loves me because I am huge & polite & make a token effort to speak whatever language.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

euro guys hate us cuz we get to enjoy freedom at a college football game in Saturdays and drink bud light and grill out hot diggity dogs with hot ladies in sun dresses

Suck it euro trash

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
its not really their fault, their countries still have kings and like one tv channel that the government controls. itd be like if msnbc was the only channel and thats how they learned everything about the america & the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Ok, somebody explain this picture to me. I've seen it several times and still don't get it. I understand that Obama stepped on US consitution and Lincoln and dude is a wig are pissed about it. But the rest eludes me, the (good?) presidents on the left are like - look what you done Obama you upset the guy on the bench and the (bad?) presidents are applauding to someone offscreen. And Kennedy is like "Wait I have one minor complaint". And what is George W Bush's position in all of this, he is with the constitution defilers but also seems to have a minor objection about bench guy.

• Locked thread