Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
europe sucks because all of the good europeans died off mysteriously about 75 years ago, hth op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Shirley Crabtree posted:

Why not try humility?

why not try being a superpower?

oh wait you did and you failed LMAO

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Shirley Crabtree posted:

Best at peace: Iceland

this one does not count

by the way you forgot to list GDP

which european country holds the top spot for GDP

it's a country in europe, right? it must be

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
GDP per capita does not mean "highest GDP", it means highest average purchasing power across the population

which country has the highest GDP

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Shirley Crabtree posted:

Newsflash belinda, per capita is the most accurate to look at statistics when comparing different places. I'll tell you why. It's because places have different populations of people. I know that's a hard concept for you to grasp.

which would matter if the question was "which country has the richest population" instead of "which country is the richest", hope this helps

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Shirley Crabtree posted:

since apparently you really are a bit thick i'll explain it a bit simpler...

Place A has 100 people and 50 of them are killed by guns.

Place B has a million people and 51 of them are killed by guns.

Which one is the most saferest? if we use your method its Place A but if we go by per capita its Place B. This is why per capita is important when talking about populations of people.

again: that would matter if the question was about the population and not the country

I'm not asking "in which country is any random person likely to be rich", I'm asking "which country, as a collective entity, is richest"

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Whorelord posted:

wasn't your country defeated by a bunch of rice farming asian dwarfs?

vietnam "defeated" us in the same sense that we "defeated" the british in the revolutionary war

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Shirley Crabtree posted:

no you said 'which country is richest'

per capita is how you work out which country is safest and the same applies to richest. if you got a billion people sharing a hundred dollars that doesnt make them live in a richer country than one with a single guy with 99 dollars. use your brain come on.

lmbo at you literally changing the meanings of words in your brain to avoid having to say america is the richest country in the world

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Shirley Crabtree posted:

i am sad for you that your definition of greatness is measured by dollars and not by cultural and moral richness

so first it's "qatar is the richest country in the world, suck it america" and when it's pointed out that you're twisting statistics to say something inaccurate it's "why are you so worried about money man" lmfbo

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

quakster posted:

does gdp include multinational corporations because if it does, it's a worthless metric. the population is what makes up a country, not geography or market forces

in which case you would still compare the collective purchasing power of countries' populations, not their average

unless, again, the question was "which country has the richest people on average" as opposed to "which country is collectively the richest"

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Shirley Crabtree posted:

since jessie j didnt convince you heres a couple more vids that might make you rethink your obsession with capitalism

try a different red herring, my only obsession with capitalism is with destroying it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

buddhanc posted:

u must be a muslim

or else

• Locked thread