Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Not even 9 AM but I'd gladly take a Starboard Pilsner right about naw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
The joy of a 16-team league: put in five waiver claims and got one, and for that I went from 12th to 13th in waiver order.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I only put in two. Didn't expect to get either. It's a mad dash to fix our ailing teams on bye week. I'm really interested in seeing how this plays out.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Snead was one of the guys I was hoping to get

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

dphi posted:

Snead was one of the guys I was hoping to get

I guess you could say that I beat you twice this week.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

railroad terror posted:

Lewis is almost too valuable to give up with my RBs. Hopkins instead of Robinson? Let me think about it.

Cool, take your time. I shot you an email via the ESPN system - let me know if you did not receive and I can try again.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I guess you could say that I beat you twice this week.

You bastard, I'm gonna drain pour a bottle of whatever HotD's next brewery release is and send you a video of it.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
gently caress you dolphins!

gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I hate game time decisions, got the alert that Decker was going to play after he was already locked :(

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

argh benching hill is probably going to cost me this week

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?
"As long as the Seahawks defense doesn't score 25 points tomorrow night, I'm good!

Oh, they're playing Detroit? Fuuuuuuck..."

-me, checking espn just now

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

argh benching hill (and foles???) cost me this week

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
devonta freeman, jesus christ

even remembering to replace matt jones with woodhead wouldn't have mattered :(

hello 1-3

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

I remember thinking I picked the wrong Atlanta running back after week one. This has turned out not to be the case. I'll think of you guys when I'm drinking all of your beer.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
So, I need Golden Tate and Steven Hauschka to score 18 points combined to continue my "not scoring a lot of points, getting lucky that bad players play well" strategy.

Stafford has to throw the ball to someone, right?

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

Avenged posted:

Stafford has to throw the ball to someone, right?

Yea, Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005

Retemnav posted:

Yea, Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor.

Yeah...yeah.

Which is fine if Hauschka kicks 4 field goals for 50+.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Gonna lose in two leagues thanks to Hauschka. gently caress kickers

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005

Cervixalot posted:

Gonna lose in two leagues thanks to Hauschka. gently caress kickers

poo poo, I'm thinking I'm going to lose because Hauschka's gonna kick a 40 yarder instead of another 50 and golden tate will continue to do nothing.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Thanks for the fumbles, Russ, I was getting worried there.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Ugh lost to a guy starting loving Christine Michael because Wilson lost two fumbles.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
lol, in my defense, I didn't have many options by the time I learned Lynch was out. Figures I'd get negative points out of him

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

I actually may not start a defense christ the Dolphins are bad

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Well that's never happened to me before - I was picking up a player off FA just now and when I hit confirm it gave an error saying another roster was invalid. Went back and saw Roethlislager had picked the guy up, must have beat me by seconds.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
I'm going up against the Tom Brady Sux team this week. I think his receiving corps is Britt, Cooks, Benjamin, and Fells at TE. If I lose this one then gently caress it, season's over.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005

dphi posted:

Well that's never happened to me before - I was picking up a player off FA just now and when I hit confirm it gave an error saying another roster was invalid. Went back and saw Roethlislager had picked the guy up, must have beat me by seconds.

Sorry bro!

...it's not like it's going to help me at all, anyway.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Avenged posted:

Sorry bro!

...it's not like it's going to help me at all, anyway.

Guess we'll see! Just thought it was funny we were both trying to grab him at the same time. I'm rolling the dice on rookie from HOU instead :confuoot:

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005

dphi posted:

Guess we'll see! Just thought it was funny we were both trying to grab him at the same time. I'm rolling the dice on rookie from HOU instead :confuoot:

Jaelen Strong? If so, congrats.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Avenged posted:

Jaelen Strong? If so, congrats.

lol, unfortunately no. I actually drafted Strong in the 14th or something and dropped him a few weeks in. Not a good start so far!

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Refs try to keep Freeman out of the endzone and he still finds his way in .

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Well I was fine with Matt Ryan making GBS threads the bed if it meant the Falcons lost, but of course the Redskins couldn't not gently caress that up.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Crazy week. Depending on how things go after tonight, we may or may not have any undefeated teams left.

Good luck to everyone who has players playing this evening!

On an administrative note, now is probably a good time to clarify and finalize the box distribution, playoff schedule/details and confirm that everyone has submitted a Toxx (I know there were a few that had not yet posted theirs). If you haven't posted a Toxx yet (or can't remember), go ahead and post it now so I don't have to name 'n shame.

I'll do an effortpost with the full playoff/payout details this week, and we'll take a poll on where everyone is from so we can see what kind of distribution spread we're looking at.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

Retemnav posted:

:toxx:ING myself to send out a wonderful box of beer and pics of me crushing the spoils of victory at the end of the year. Going from 3rd to 1st this year, I feel it!

broom
Aug 29, 2005
Would like to congratulate myself on losing by over 100, and big ups to Blake Bortles for scoring over half of my points!

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I'm 1-4 now. At this point there's no point in continuing to pay attention to this right? Is there any incentive to keep playing?

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Hey number one waiver spot. Now I'll have both Knile Davis AND Charcandrick West. Makes up for Dunbar going down for the year.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I'm 1-4 now. At this point there's no point in continuing to pay attention to this right? Is there any incentive to keep playing?

I've gotten into the playoffs with five losses before but it's a long shot. There's always the losers' bracket though!

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

HatfulOfHollow posted:

There is no giving up! Keep fighting. The winner of the 'Loser's Bracket' gets a box of beer, so even if you don't make the playoffs, you still have a chance at winning some awesome beer.

Since the Waiver Wire is so thin in a 16-team league (though there are still some decent pickups available), now's the time to start talking trades with league mates. Use this thread to post your ISO and FT fantasy posts, or individually email owners through viewing their team page and sending them an email via ESPN's interface.

I'll kick things off:

FT: One of my QBs, Rivers or Dalton
ISO: A WR2. I'd package a QB with another player (WR or RB, depending) to make this happen.

Hit me up - Daisy Cutler

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Keep fighting guys, don't even think about throwing it in. Beer is involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Jordan Reed is available. I'd gladly let him go for some depth at RB.

• Locked thread