Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esn2500
Mar 2, 2015

Some asshole told me to get fucked and eat shit so I got fucked and ate shit

Whiskey Sours posted:

:lol: at anyone who buys individual stocks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esn2500
Mar 2, 2015

CarlosTheDwarf posted:

AAPL is terribly undervalued and has been for years. The problem is the company is too drat big, every mutual fund and investor already has their fill of the stock. There's just not enough capital to send the stock where it should be. They make insane amounts of money, compared to say Netflix or Amazon that has piss poor earnings but crazy valuations.

WhyteRyce posted:

Investors go gaga over what is crazy and new not a boring company that prints money releasing the same or similar stuff

Fundamental analysis is useless if you decide to buy stock. Whenever you buy it, now or in the future, you will always have a 50/50 shot of making money. Bad idea.

esn2500
Mar 2, 2015

Leon Einstein posted:

This is dumb. That's like saying all baseball players have a 50/50 shot of getting on base each at bat.

Do baseball players exist in a huge marketplace with a ton of liquidity? They aren't many baseball players, but a lot of equities being traded. It'd be false to say fundamental analysis is completely useless, but I'm not in that boat. Any stock you buy will always have a profitability of profit of 50%. Always. That isn't to say you have a 50% shot of it being it a successful investment, but 50% chance that you make exactly 1 penny. The problem with stock picking is that no one really knows anything but the news is always filled with buy this sell that etc.

I know this thread is kinda a joke, so I'll have to stop being serious soon i guess

esn2500
Mar 2, 2015

Leon Einstein posted:

Where are you getting these ideas?

That's the definition of probability of profit my uneducated friend.

esn2500
Mar 2, 2015

gently caress the ROW posted:

I'm more interested in the boat, is that part of the 50% thing youre talking about or just a regular seperate boat

Whoops, meant to say I am not in the fundamental analysis boat. I live by the probabilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esn2500
Mar 2, 2015

Trade options you fuckin scrubs

• Locked thread