Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Who was the worst president? And I mean the WORST President as far as getting poo poo done that actually helped the United States. Like people try to poo poo on Carter but he didn't actively gently caress the United States, but people like Harding were useless and DID gently caress up the United States.

So who was the worst? Who was the best? Why?

Bonus category: Which President was/would most likely be a goon if they were allowed to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Warren Harding was a proto-Randian I swear to god.

A shithead for sure.

That said, despite his best efforts organized labor still won out. Then you've got people like Reagan who set the stage for gently caress ups in literally every aspect of government you can imagine. Between the war on drugs, healthcare (esp. mental health), education, neocons and extremists gaining political power, holy poo poo.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
im the president of loving you in the rear end

12gaugelobotomy
Apr 25, 2012
Donald Trump 2012

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Enfield posted:

im the president of loving you in the rear end

OK so you've got a ton of competition, who is the best/worst?

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Trick question he's Kenyan so he was never really President.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
The current one.
I don't mean Obama, I just mean whoever is the President at the time the question is asked.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lIqNjC1RKU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Probably Wayne Palmer

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
G. W. Bush. End story/End thread

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

Warren Harding was a proto-Randian I swear to god.

A shithead for sure.

That said, despite his best efforts organized labor still won out. Then you've got people like Reagan who set the stage for gently caress ups in literally every aspect of government you can imagine. Between the war on drugs, healthcare (esp. mental health), education, neocons and extremists gaining political power, holy poo poo.

Lol Harding was a corrupt drunk puppet that died in the middle of his term. You don't need to paint everyone in the light of your boogiemen of today.

I say Buchanan for letting the country literally fall apart.

Also he was gay lmao.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
woodrow wilson was p. bad

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
unironically bush 2 was pretty bad

maybe not worst ever but i fuckin lol every time i hear someone whining about obama being poo poo

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Barack "responsible for 9/11" Saddam-Hussein OSAMA

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Drunkboxer posted:

Lol Harding was a corrupt drunk puppet that died in the middle of his term. You don't need to paint everyone in the light of your boogiemen of today.

I say Buchanan for letting the country literally fall apart.

Also he was gay lmao.

Proof of gayness?

Also no one is going to mention Johnson? Jackson?

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
John Quincy Adams was a real gently caress.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
overall negative impact = Reagan.

GW Bush was most embarrassing though.

I have a special hate for Clinton because of how he dismantled welfare.

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
Jeb Bush

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Drunkboxer posted:

uh except his policy was literally as pro business as it could possibly be idk how I'm painting him in the light of a boogieman from today

quote:

Harding's attitude toward business was that government should aid it as much as possible.[144] He was suspicious of organized labor, viewing it as a conspiracy against business.[145] He sought to get them to work together at a conference on unemployment that he called to meet in September 1921 at Hoover's recommendation. Harding warned in his opening address that no federal money would be available. No important legislation came as a result, though some public works projects were speeded up.[146]

Within broad limits, Harding allowed each cabinet secretary to run his department as he saw fit.[147] Hoover expanded the Commerce Department to make it more useful to business. This was consistent with Hoover's view that the private sector should take the lead in managing the economy.[148] Harding greatly respected his Commerce Secretary, often asked his advice, and backed him to the hilt, calling Hoover "the smartest 'gink' I know"

anyway yeah I said 'proto' I didn't say he was actually some crazy libtard.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Jastiger posted:

Proof of gayness?

No hardcore proof for only "bachelor" president being gay, but he was totally gay.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think Reagan, less because of what he actively did in his term (though it was loving awful) and more because of the legacy he left behind which encouraged people do keep doing those bad things. Every Republican since has basically been Reagan-ghost.

Second would be Buchanan.

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
Reagan by far. Raped social security and yet is beloved by the right, completely ignoring history

http://www.fedsmith.com/2013/10/11/ronald-reagan-and-the-great-social-security-heist/

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

uh except his policy was literally as pro business as it could possibly be idk how I'm painting him in the light of a boogieman from today

anyway yeah I said 'proto' I didn't say he was actually some crazy libtard.

Boy that Ashshurbanipal was a reaaaaal neocon if you ask me. What a jerk.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
The President Who Most Reminds You of Your Dad.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Reagan = end of the middle class, the death of the American Dream. Sacrificed 250 or so marines in Beirut for nothing. 25,000 deaths due to AIDS, wasn't going to even acknowledge it's existence until some aide got it from a blood transfusion and then realized other people than gay men can get it. Gave people like Ed Meese way too much power.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
Reagan since he literally committed treason, lied about it, and when he was caught lying about it got way with it by spouting the biggest bunch of bullshit the world has ever seen...

"A few months ago I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and the evidence tell me it is not."

and loving got away with it.

He's a horrible piece of poo poo and if I ever got a time machine I'm killing him first instead of Hitler.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

A Winner is Jew posted:

He's a horrible piece of poo poo and if I ever got a time machine I'm killing him first instead of Hitler.

Does the secret service investigate time crimes/threats?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I like this question because for the internet its like Quantum Leap or something. It's impossible for people to think outside of their own lifetime.

Slavery and allowing the country to litterally split in two??? WHAT ABOUT IRAN CONTRA!!???

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Drunkboxer posted:

Boy that Ashshurbanipal was a reaaaaal neocon if you ask me. What a jerk.

don't be retarded

it's not insane to say harding was super pro-business to the point of detriment

A Winner is Jew posted:

Reagan since he literally committed treason, lied about it, and when he was caught lying about it got way with it by spouting the biggest bunch of bullshit the world has ever seen...

"A few months ago I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and the evidence tell me it is not."

and loving got away with it.

for real though

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
William Henry Harrison

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Its all well and good to be all political about it, but try and argue that W.H. Harrison wasn't objectively the worst president. He couldn't even keep breathing for 33 days.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Lufiron posted:

Reagan by far. Raped social security and yet is beloved by the right, completely ignoring history

http://www.fedsmith.com/2013/10/11/ronald-reagan-and-the-great-social-security-heist/

:drat:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Bernie Sanders is going to be the worst president rich people ever had. :(

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

don't be retarded

it's not insane to say harding was super pro-business to the point of detriment

for real though

Im not being retarded dude Ashshurbanipal's super hawkish foreign policy reminds me of one of our modern day Bushies!

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Thats like an infinite number of votes for Reagan. Should have put in the OP (Besides Reagan and George W Bush)

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
You mean, next worst after obama? Itd be pretty hard to find somebody that hosed up across so many different areas without goin back a ways..

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
All of the white ones were terrible except Clinton, who just got dealt a poo poo hand with congress and still did a pretty drat good job.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

amityville anus posted:

William Henry Harrison

Actually he was one of those better ones.

The only way for a president to be better than him would be if they had the decency to die seconds after taking the oath if office.

Just "... So help me god." *Inserts revolver into mouth, pulls trigger* *Blood-splattered Veep steps up, takes the oath, repeats.*

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

trump is inevitably going to win so my vote is trump even though I still think this is some kind of bet between him and his billionaire friends

lmao I bet you can't get them to buy a watch that does half of what the phone does

lol well I bet you can't be the president!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
any republican

-signed arrogant college atheist

• Locked thread