Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

N. Senada posted:

I watched sections of that movieb0b review. It is 10 minutes long and he doesn't stop for breath

Pretty good speaking skills if you ask me

Alan Smithee posted:

there's some pretty obvious cuts you just dont notice the max headroom thing because we dont get to see his face for radio

Yeah moviebob cuts all the pauses he takes to breathe and speeds up his audio to sound smarter. Hey, anything that makes his videos shorter is a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Good on Adam Sandler for making GBS threads all over the dorks who made their lives about things from their childhood. Good on him for pissing all over the nostalgia. Moviebob saying he'd throw out all his video game shirts except then he'd have nothing to wear illustrates exactly what's wrong with the world. These dummies have taken these video games and cartoons so seriously and to such extremes that it's impossible for them or others around them to enjoy what's supposed to be a fun thing. Good on Adam Sandler for giving them the ol' middle finger.

I hope Pixels makes a ton of money and they have to do a sequel.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Beef Turret posted:

I'm sure you're a paragon of normality

Number of t-shirts I own with a character on them: 0

But no, I'm not a normal person.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Yeah I think it'd be a good family film.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Yeah the kid is just going to be like "wow video game stuff neat" and maybe enjoy such as a fart or poop joke, then move on with his or her life and not grow up to be a dude who writes a book about how Super Mario 3 (or Pixels in this case) saved him from suicide.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Ramsus posted:

actually adam sandler seems like a nice guy that hooks up his buddies and many people that know him have said so, i would be his friend

Yeah, I think it says a lot about Adam Sandler that he stuck by his friends, even really unfunny ones like Rob Schneider. He also didn't use trollface illegally and apparently got permission to use trollface in a poster. He's a good, honest, regular Joe making movies that larger audiences really like.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Moon Atari posted:

Except he makes sure to degrade them throughout the movie, whereas he is always presented as being cool and successful and sarcastically snarking on everyone else. Which is weird because he made his name as a lovable loser. But I guess none of his stable of comedians would want to turn it down, except for chris rock who can do better but I guess just wants money.

I think that's just them being friends and playing around on each other. When Rob Schneider was making movies, he'd cast Sandler in him and have him be like this dumb toothless dude. It seems like it's just him and his buddies making films and goofing around, kind of like some kids do in their backyards. There's a certain charm to his films if you look at them like that.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Ramsus posted:

but he always plays a retard himself, idgi

Hell there was that movie where he dressed up like a woman and made a total fool of himself the entire time, so I really don't get the complaint.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Pennywise the Frown posted:

You can be naive and look at it like that, but it isn't like that. He is a literal scam artist who has conned millions of people out of their money to make himself and his friends a poo poo ton of money by putting out absolute garbage. If you look at that as a good value in someone's character then I question your morals.

Whose money did he steal? Moviegoers know what kind of movies he makes. Some of them even like his movies.

Don't be so overly dramatic about some dumb flicks.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Beef Turret posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Adam Sandler was running Happy Madison as a money laundering operation

Adam Sandler is a lizardman.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

You seem to be very adamant about defending some Hollywood dude who you don't know and who's fee to star in a film is $20,000,000. Are... are you one of his friends in these movies?

Oh no, I've been found out!

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

I don't like him because as I said before, he's a con man. He doesn't "steal" people's money. He cons them into giving him money. That's what a con is. He puts out crap movies for the sole purpose of turning a massive profit. There is no sort of redeeming quality to the films. Sure, people can like dumb movies and pay to see them and that's their decision. But what he does is far more nefarious and I don't like that.

He's not conning anyone out of their money, though. He provides exactly what he says he's going to provide, everyone knows what kind of movies he makes by this point, and some people really dig his movies. Hey, good on them for enjoying a dumb thing and having some fun in their lives.

It's like saying McDonalds is conning people because they make fast food and not gourmet cuisine.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

I KNEW IT!

So like..... can you get me in one of the films?

Maybe. Are you comfortable playing a mentally challenged person or a really racist stereotype?

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

I see my point isn't getting across very clearly. Apparently no one here is aware of what a con is.

Let's put it this way. Have you heard of the bait and switch? Here is the definition:

"the action (generally illegal) of advertising goods that are an apparent bargain, with the intention of substituting inferior or more expensive goods."

That's what his movies are. Check out the Red Letter Media video. How does Jack and Jill cost $80,000,000 to make? It doesn't. What he's doing isn't illegal, it's just not (imo) right.

But for the little guy, for the moviegoer, there's no bait and switch. These things are advertised as being something they are. If you go to an Adam Sandler film expecting anything other than an Adam Sandler film, sorry, but the problem is you (hell, if you go see an Adam Sandler film at all, the problem is you).

As far as him gaming Hollywood, Hollywood is a poo poo place that deserves to be gamed. Good on him for including his friends (and me!) and sharing the wealth. Adam Sandler is like a modern day Robin Hood or something, especially considering all the charity work he does (and no, I'm not talking casting Rob Schneider).

Sorry, but I just can't hate the guy. His films? Yeah, they're lousy and easy to hate. But the man himself? Not so much really no.

burritolingus fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jul 24, 2015

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Lutha Mahtin posted:

when i was a teenager i went to several sandler movies at the theater, based on liking some of his real early films. i felt shortchanged for sure. i dunno if their shittiness was his fault, but it certainly felt like somebody was making a few bucks trading on his name

Yeah, maybe in his early days of sucking, like with Little Nicky, you could call him a ripoff. But Little Nicky was a decade and a half ago. Adam Sandler has been bad longer than he's been good film-wise.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The gently caress are you guys talking about? Jack and Jill made $149 million (worldwide), it was a massive success. Grown Ups 2 cost $80m and made $247m, I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry cost $85m and made $186m, You Don't Mess with the Zohan cost $90m and made $200m, etc etc.. He's a runaway profit-making monster. We'll probably get sequels for Pixels and Jack and Jill.

(That's My Boy and Little Nicky were the odd ones out, neither of them made their money back.)

The Red Letter Media guys were right, though. His earlier films like Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore and The Wedding Singer all cost between $10 to $18m but just two years later (starting with Little Nicky) all his films suddenly cost $80m. There must some some weird money laundering tax avoidance scheme going on there.

It sounds more like Adam Sandler and his friends asked for more money when they'd proven they can make films that make money. Budget of the film includes actors' salaries. He doesn't have to be "laundering money" or doing any crazy schemes here. The bigger budget is because of bigger salaries for established movie stars. And if that's stealing, so is getting a raise at work. Don't be a nimrod.

Plus his first couple movies had zero computer generated effects in them. Pixels is almost entirely special effects. Of course it's going to cost more. Makes sense that the budget of these things also bumped up around the time of Little Nicky, which had tons of CGI in it.

burritolingus fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jul 25, 2015

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
http://www.forbes.com/sites/dorothypomerantz/2012/07/03/tom-cruise-tops-our-list-of-hollywoods-highest-paid-actors/

Adam Sandler was the second top paid actor tied with DiCaprio, but it's "theft" because

burritolingus fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jul 25, 2015

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Young Freud posted:

You had to pull an article from 2012 to prove a point?

It was the first result to a search of like "actor's salaries" or "highest paid actors" or something like that and I had a laugh that Adam Sandler was on number two.

Also, Jack and Jill, the movie that people were using the show how Adam Sandler is a thief, was 2011, so it's relevant.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Groovelord Neato posted:

I mean DiCaprio is in good movies that look like their budget.

Hahahaha.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

The Taint Reaper posted:

I still can't get over how that guy was Friendzoned in Jurassic World

Scariest scene in the franchise to date.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Cheer up, Adam Sandler! Life isn't as bad as your movies.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

facebook jihad posted:

Do people actually like the weird serial killer poo poo in the Plinkett reviews? I couldn't stand it, and not in an SJW/triggered way; it just sucks

There is at least one edit by a fan that removed the serial killer "plotline." I dunno, it's usually pretty forgivable and unobtrusive, especially compared to moviebob or linkara. Then again you could say fatso dressing up in pajamas pretending to fight himself is unintentionally funny so they got him there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKbQOZ54Ljg

JazzFlight posted:

the worst was the gross out mary kate and ashley spooge-plosion blowing out his tv for like a good 30 seconds

yeah like we needed to see that in a freakin takedown of indiana jones

That was one of the bad ones. I can deal with gross but it is really loving loud and unnecessary and drawn out.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Adam Sandler and Uwe Boll present Pixels: Episode 2.

Do this Adam Sandler. Do this and bathe in the greasy tears of manbabies.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Or make a superhero movie next, Adam Sandler. Hugh Jackman is retiring from Wolverine. Why not a Sandler Wolverine reboot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Young Freud posted:

At least Al Pacino was had subdued and decent roles in The Godfather and Serpico before he succumbed to self-parody.

Also, Hollywood trying to place the blame on the brands instead of Sandler...

That's actually really sensible, especially the part about Minecraft.

• Locked thread