Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Blackchamber posted:

can someone explain what is up with Planet Fitness? I don't think theres one near here so I dont know, but it sounds to me from this thread like its a fake gym where they give you free pizza and bagels instead.

It just has lovely gay equipment 90% of the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
cardio loving sucks, i'd rather drink a beer less than spend an hour on a cardiomachine

Only cardio I like is swimming

Turtle Blogger
Mar 16, 2006

My Angel

I just do a lot of Handstands

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

You know how Crossfit makes money by goading super mediocre people into being convinced they're hardcore because they're doing pointless high volume circuit training with practically no benefit and it makes them sweaty and want to vom???
Planet Fitnoxx goads mediocre and or extremely below average people by creating an unchallenging environment where things that motivate or push you are outlawed so you don't feel insecure.

Also I got banned from Planet Fitness because they thought my workout where I poo poo my pants with diarheattic poopoo and then scoot my rear end on the ground like a loving dog while jiggling a bRbell on my back wasn't good

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Blackchamber posted:

can someone explain what is up with Planet Fitness? I don't think theres one near here so I dont know, but it sounds to me from this thread like its a fake gym where they give you free pizza and bagels instead.

Let me put in gamer terms.

PF:gyms

Halo:videogames

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

notZaar posted:

Let me put in gamer terms.

PF:gyms

Halo:videogames

Eh, PF is more like the Smash Brothers of gyms. It's for lazy (mostly autistic )fats

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Our God is an awesome god

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Blackchamber posted:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Obligatory Handle posted:

Planet Fitness was the best thing that ever happened to gyms. Now all of the weak/super fat/skinny fat/soccer moms go there to avoid feeling intimidated by people who actually put in the work. Now there is more room in real gyms without as many of the aforementioned people lying on the benches for 50 minutes in between sets of 5 press with the bar and doing pull ups in the squat rack. There will always be the latter in every gym though.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
PF is the Special Olympics participation trophy of gyms

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Obligatory Handle posted:

Planet Fitness was the best thing that ever happened to gyms. Now all of the weak/super fat/skinny fat/soccer moms go there to avoid feeling intimidated by people who actually put in the work.

To be honest I really admire the business model, I mean normal gyms are built on the assumption that most of their members won't regularly use the gym but Planet Fitness's business model is built on ensuring that their members won't even bother pretending that they want to regularly work out nor care to.

I don't remember where I saw it but there is actually data showing that a huge portion of their members only bother showing up for free pizza and free bagel day and many of them don't even bother working out, their business model is basically a pizza place whose's customer base pre-pays for pizza once a month.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
The one at my office complex. Its empty half the time so I have the whole place and three large TVs to myself. Its dope.

Also, gently caress crossfit gyms.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

dude owns

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
i go to my school's gym it's overflowing with babes and muscular bros and both of those things motivate me to get large muscles. the only problem is that it is very crowded.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Chinatown posted:

The one at my office complex. Its empty half the time so I have the whole place and three large TVs to myself. Its dope.

Also, gently caress crossfit gyms.

We had one next to the food court and across from the theater at our loving mall for 2 years. The stench of BO and poorly cleaned rubber mats was so bad it caused the fuckin Sbarro and A&W that were nearest to it to lose enough business to shut down. The GM of the theater even had graphs showing it caused a 40% dip in popcorn sales that went right back up when they shut it down

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
Lol at goons making fun of gyms. You fat fucks don't work out, you just cling to the pillars in the basement of your parents' house.

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

You know what's sad? For many people around the world, this is what the US of A is all about.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I go to a state of the art gym that's run by a hospital.

today was leg day

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Zzulu posted:

cardio loving sucks, i'd rather drink a beer less than spend an hour on a cardiomachine

Only cardio I like is swimming

I like swimming too but you have to remember to bring your bathing suit and then when you are done you have a wet suit and towel to carry around

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Meiers Goldbrick posted:

Lol at goons making fun of gyms. You fat fucks don't work out, you just cling to the pillars in the basement of your parents' house.

Only a human being retard WHO DOESNT work out would say this, as a NONFAG would KNOW that these gaygyms are unsuitable for his swolw needs, as such, I can only assume you are a gay twink bitch so I must suck your cock and gently caress THE cute little tooshie as you are my type
If OBLY I COULD gently caress U IN A WAY THAT WOULD ALLOW U 2 SEE MY AMAZING GIANT GLUTES THROB AS I THRUST DO U HAVE A MIRROR MY BOY????

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSQlUOQubAs

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

The Taint Reaper posted:

I go to a state of the art gym that's run by a hospital.

today was leg day

Make every day a compound exercise day.

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4i8SpNgzA4

GO PAST THE MAX

Thunder Moose fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jul 24, 2015

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
i burn 800 kcals per hour by walking on an incline treadmill

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

JebanyPedal posted:

Also I got banned from Planet Fitness because they thought my workout where I poo poo my pants with diarheattic poopoo and then scoot my rear end on the ground like a loving dog while jiggling a bRbell on my back wasn't good

Unfair

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Meiers Goldbrick posted:

fight me irl

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I do actually work out though, for real

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
24 Hour Super Sports are a god drat scam if you want to weight train. Go to an old Fit that was converted to a Sport. Better and more machines and benches, sometimes more bench presses too.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

a bay posted:

I go to Planet Fitness and I know it's not the cool hipster gym to use or whatever but there's one in walking distance of my place so I don't even need to use the locker room. I'm not into body building or power lifting so they have everything I would want in a gym except for a pool, and the membership fees are even cheaper than the Y. Where do you guys go to work out? Have you ever seen something funny there, like a dude using the leg spreader machine?

Freeweights on the patio and running shoes/bikes.

Why pay money to be locked.in some air-conditioned shithole that smells like balls with mandatory trash television blaring at you, plus you get warts/anal scarring in the showers? I assume it's for people who want an excuse not to exercise.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just do parkour through the office at lunchtime, have fun at the "gym" nerds

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Marine corps or army gym. Navy gyms are also good but lol I don't think I've ever seen a nice Air Force gym.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Chill la Chill posted:

Marine corps or army gym. Navy gyms are also good but lol I don't think I've ever seen a nice Air Force gym.

Gay

antitroll
Jun 1, 2000

I hate the Midway
My gym is called Better than U, where I go everyday and earn my masters in being better than you.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Chill la Chill posted:

Edwards has a good one

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Booblord Zagats posted:

Edwards has a good one

Lol he goes to "Edward's" where we "works out" haha

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer

ElGroucho posted:

fight me irl

Alright, ask your parents if it's ok.

gently caress you.

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking
climbing gym best gym

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 3 years!)

a bay posted:

I go to Planet Fitness and I know it's not the cool hipster gym to use or whatever but there's one in walking distance of my place so I don't even need to use the locker room. I'm not into body building or power lifting so they have everything I would want in a gym except for a pool, and the membership fees are even cheaper than the Y. Where do you guys go to work out? Have you ever seen something funny there, like a dude using the leg spreader machine?

same but ours have a bunch of free weights too it's cool. i like the stair thing it's p. rad. saw a dude eat poo poo on one and fall off

• Locked thread