Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

La fitness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

it's good that the majority of fat people are fat because of diet and planet fitness does everything possible to gently caress that up

being in shape is a lifestyle, not a temporary diet, you can't lose 20 pounds then eat like poo poo again and expect to stay thin

e. i would do it to make a buck off idiots though, good job planetfitness

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ramsus posted:

it's good that the majority of fat people are fat because of diet and planet fitness does everything possible to gently caress that up

being in shape is a lifestyle, not a temporary diet, you can't lose 20 pounds then eat like poo poo again and expect to stay thin

e. i would do it to make a buck off idiots though, good job planetfitness

He is losing as he is gaining, leave poor man alone brother!

Clemocracy
Jul 21, 2015

by Ralp
I work out religiously about 5x a week for 2 hours each visit.

Leg spreader machine only.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Clemocracy posted:

I work out religiously about 5x a week for 2 hours each visit.

Leg spreader machine only.

How big's your dick? I imagine huge.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
gyms are for fags

Clemocracy
Jul 21, 2015

by Ralp
not very big but my balls are exposed slightly at the apex. I face the mirror (as is proper according to WAYWT) to check my form.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
working out is pointless. we're all just going to die anyway. why spend your precious time doing boring poo poo in a place that smells like a sweaty ballsack?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Dick Fagballzson posted:

working out is pointless. we're all just going to die anyway. why spend your precious time doing boring poo poo in a place that smells like a sweaty ballsack?

Because some of us like to spend time in a place that smells like sweaty vagina?

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Gyms where I live have a habit of never repairing or upgrading their equipment until everything is broke and they go out of business. Then they get bought and rebranded by a new owner who replaces everything but then repeats the same thing.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Moon Atari posted:

Gyms where I live have a habit of never repairing or upgrading their equipment until everything is broke and they go out of business. Then they get bought and rebranded by a new owner who replaces everything but then repeats the same thing.

This sounds like a winning business plan.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Eptar
Jan 14, 2003
Oh no, not again.
Equinox because I'm not a filthy peasant.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

i want to go to one of those big grimy warehouse sorta gyms with the graffiti on the walls but they only seem to exist in america. the one i go to is all sterile and boring like a hospital or something it's full of soccer mums and twink people get me outta here it's so gay

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i go to the library, op! the mind gym!! :coffeepal:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Planet Fitness because it's the only one open 24 hours and I work out at 2 am.

It's alright, but it could have a bigger variety of machines.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

that a naval ship?

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
I have a planet fitness membership. I got it so I would be able to keep running in the winter, so I hardly ever go in the summer months. I'm there usually 4-5 times a week in the winter though.

I'd probably go more often in the spring/summer/fall if they had a better variety of machines. I'd love for them to have a rowing machine. It's also a pain in the rear end because the closest one is a 15 minute drive from me. There are a lot of gyms closer to me, but for 10 bucks a month, I'll drive the extra bit. I wish they would open one on this side of town though.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Ramsus posted:

that a naval ship?

it's a space ship!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
my lifeing room

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

krampster2 posted:

it's a space ship!

Glad to see they're finally making progress on that Star Citizen game.

For content, I used to go to a fitness gym that I have now outgrown, but the only decent weightlifting gym in my area is going to be closed for the owners' annual vacation early August, so I'm waiting until they come back to make a membership, because I'm a cheap rear end in a top hat like that.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
I'm turning my garage into a gym, I'm calling it the heavy metal rape cave. I'm going to get my swole on and really blast my quabs and trapes.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I used to go to planet fitness and you can get a decent workout there if you're not in great shape to begin with, just don't eat the free pizza and bagels like an idiot. Now I go to LA fitness and it's way nicer than PF because there are more weights and less dumb idiots sitting on a bench or machine for 45 minutes doing a million different low weight variations of the same exercise, also less fatbodies, so it makes me feel inadequate and I lift more

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
For u guys who don't want to pay more than 30 or 40 bucks why dont you just put a squat rack in your house

roymorrison fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jul 27, 2015

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I'm pretty sure a squat rack costs more than 30 bucks but then what do I know

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005

Aralan posted:

I'm pretty sure a squat rack costs more than 30 bucks but then what do I know

Ya they probably just pay for the one month

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Yeah probably

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
I come from the gym of hard knocks.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

My city's college gym, girlfriend works for the college so I can get a membership as a +1, its huge and modern and super cheap, it owns. My office building also has a fitness room I sometimes use if im not feelin like a lazy p.o.s. after work.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
My gym has banned cable news and the Food Network from their TVs by blocking them on their cable boxes. Watching old men/fat ladies with the remotes get mad on the recumbent bike/treadmills always makes me happy. My girlfriend claims its because 2 old guys who go to the gym used to have Fox News and CNN in and try to argue with random people on the machines next to them about politics. And the Food Network was banned because the training staff didn't want to to see fatties tempted anymore than they already were, since Jimmy Johns and Pizza Hut opened up next door to the gym

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 3 years!)

i was at planet fitness this morning and i'm pretty sore from weights this weekend so i just did some cardio so i looked up how many stairs are in the empire state building, and started on the big stair machine thing really and in the 40 minutes i was on it like 3 rotund women cycled on and off the other machines like-- come on nancy, you've got to work more than 7 minutes at it

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

i thought the free pizza and bagles thing was just some joke until on the tour, the young lady earnestly told us about free pizza. my wife was like, "doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose" and we all decided to move on.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

roymorrison posted:

For u guys who don't want to pay more than 30 or 40 bucks why dont you just put a squat rack in your house

I will eventually do this once I have a decent garage or a basement.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

CuteJen96 posted:

i was at planet fitness this morning and i'm pretty sore from weights this weekend so i just did some cardio so i looked up how many stairs are in the empire state building, and started on the big stair machine thing really and in the 40 minutes i was on it like 3 rotund women cycled on and off the other machines like-- come on nancy, you've got to work more than 7 minutes at it

Whoa friend, it sounds like you're violating the rules of the judgment free zone

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Aralan posted:

Whoa friend, it sounds like you're violating the rules of the judgment free zone

*~ LUNK ALARM ~*

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
The judgemental stares of the gym pigeons helps me push out that last squat.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

for real though does that lunk alarm thing ever go off

is there a button to push or something that will evacuate the building

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

CuteJen96 posted:

for real though does that lunk alarm thing ever go off

is there a button to push or something that will evacuate the building

There's some hilarious YouTube's of dudes trolling the lunk alarm