Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Stitch be back in to work the UFC?
This poll is closed.
Yes 5 8.93%
No 19 33.93%
If he does I hope he brings my dad back from buying cigarettes 32 57.14%
Total: 56 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

This guy who keeps breaking his jaw has very low hands and kinda sticks his jaw out imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
jesus christ wineland's connect percentage must be single digits

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Caraway takes the first with a couple elbows in the clinch during the first minute. Great.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

fatherdog posted:

I would expect Caraway to lose any striking exchange handily in this fight, and be able to take Wineland down but unable to hold him down. If he wins it'll be because he makes Wineland spend so much time getting up and pressed to the fence that the striking is minimal and he grinds out a decision.

EDIT: Posted in the wrong thread.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Ratios and Tendency posted:

This guy who keeps breaking his jaw has very low hands and kinda sticks his jaw out imo.

Yeah he uses his head movement to defend strikes and it's also what got him caught by Barao and Eduardo.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Hey Eddie, maybe don't get us all excited that you will hurt Bryan Caraway badly and then fight like this.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Wineland isn't a good enough boxer to be so one dimensional.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Kinda sad seeing wineland so confused by caraway here, he cant find his range and accuracy at all. What happened to his offensive output

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Did I either accidently remember Eddie Wineland as a better fighter, or Bryan Caraway as less poo poo...?

I can't tell.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

manyak posted:

Kinda sad seeing wineland so confused by caraway here, he cant find his range and accuracy at all. What happened to his offensive output

When your entire standup game relies on distancing and reactions, ring rust has a disproportionate effect, would be my take

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

I also expected this to happen

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

fatherdog posted:

When your entire standup game relies on distancing and reactions, ring rust has a disproportionate effect, would be my take

Yeah it made sense when they said hes been out for 15 months or whatever with a broken jaw and probably couldnt spar etc

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
Eddie used the force, that has to be a point ref.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Best possible end would be a last second knockout by Wineland when Caraway tries to coast for a few seconds.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
wineland been training with holly holme

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Welp that was abysmal

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Eddie just wasn't corn to the core Joe.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

it's genuinely depressing to see a good fighter fight like that.

cmon robbery

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Bryan Caraway is now a top 10 bantamweight.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

pretty much exactly what I was worried about when the fight was first announced :sigh:

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
This fight could be really cool

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

manyak posted:

I think hes one of those guys who lost when he thought he was a lock to win (two times) and it mentally broke him so he second guesses everything instead of going all out like he used to

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

manyak posted:

Robertson's goofy kneebar finish is one of my favourite subs

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

CommonShore posted:

Robertson's goofy kneebar finish is one of my favourite subs

He's the one who won via stump puller, right?

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Did I misread that tott because this looks like waaay more than 3 inches difference.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Interesting.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

There's nothing more enjoyable than Joe Rogan flipping out over 10th Planet poo poo happening in a fight.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Saunders is one of those guys with a fun, flashy offense but a lovely defense, so against guys who aren't good enough to take advantage of him he's mad fun to watch but he can wind up looking like garbage very easily

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
holy poo poo that round was loving great

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

manyak posted:

good call

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

More offense in that round than the entirety of the previous fight.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

fatherdog posted:

Saunders is one of those guys with a fun, flashy offense but a lovely defense, so against guys who aren't good enough to take advantage of him he's mad fun to watch but he can wind up looking like garbage very easily

LMAO gets dropped with a big dumb punch twenty seconds after I posted this

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Charles Gnarwin posted:

There's nothing more enjoyable than Joe Rogan flipping out over 10th Planet poo poo happening in a fight.

It's AN INVISIBLE COLLAR turning into the Chernobyl Pumpkin PIe guard, he really needs to turn his shoulder OUT of socket and if he can turn upside down while doing it, he can submit him with a Klondike Clockhold, oh nevermind he's out.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Really fun round

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Ref looks like 30% of Chicago's population. Wouldn't be surprised to see him bust out a polish for a snack

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

squarerandom posted:

It's AN INVISIBLE COLLAR turning into the Chernobyl Pumpkin PIe guard, he really needs to turn his shoulder OUT of socket and if he can turn upside down while doing it, he can submit him with a Klondike Clockhold, oh nevermind he's out.

Qft

Hexum
Jul 23, 2003

This owns

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I like it when welterweight fights look like heavyweight fights.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

This fight is fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirp
May 16, 2007
Robertsons boxing looks like a nick diaz impression

• Locked thread