Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Why the gently caress do I have to click Event Information then schedule on the website? Why would you do that instead of having the schedule on it's own thing. 2 clicks is hard but more I was scrolling through the main front page because SURELY they would have it on there too. And there is but its alllllllllllllll the way at the bottom in an inline text hyperlink. What the gently caress dudes, thats an awful way to set up an otherwise slick looking website. Like there should be a link just to the left right of About Us at the top. It doesn't mess anything up and is immediately viewable to the user. It just seems like a really annoying flaw.

Ramadu fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Jul 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

If you watch his stream he's just kind of an rear end in a top hat in general. It's funny how much "nerd is in shape" gives him so much cred and ego with other nerds and the community lol. He doesn't seem particularly fun to interact with but that could just be some dumb "treamer personality" or some poo poo though.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Sir Tonk posted:

Tasbot playing Ikaruga :stare:

Gonna watch this so hard.

So what is the point of starting SGDQ with a 3 hour game? It kinda feels like it defeats the "done fast" part of the name. I get that it IS faster than the regular game but it is still 3 dang hours long. I feel like I tune completely out immediately when I see that kind of thing, and I know I'm not the only one, especially when followed by enormous blocks of the same character. I would be curious to see if the tournament would be better off if there weren't giant blocks of games but games scattered all over.

Also 3 games for a "spooky block"? Weak.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

pumpinglemma posted:

Also, if you haven't watched 100% Yoshi's Island 2 before you really should check it out, even if you don't watch the whole thing. It's not three hours long because of 10 minute cutscenes or segments of flying over levels, it's pretty much all ridiculous tricks from start to finish.

I watched...the blindfolded one he did of the game and I think a 100% one over the last few years. It was cool and all but...it just felt like it got really boring after about 40ish minutes. It just seems too long but this is also my opinion and I recognize all y'alls wrong ones have merit too. It just struck me looking at the schedule that having a gigantic one at the opening seems kinda a weird way to sell it to someone rather than like 6 30 minute games.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

lmao what is this ESPN roundtable poo poo :lol:

thought: AGDQ/SGDQ should get the NBA on TNT crew and have Charles rag on these nerds all weekend

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Still better than First Take even though hearing Skipp Bayless troll the poo poo out of nerds would be incredible

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

DoctorStrangelove posted:

The Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden speedrun is pretty fun.

I would love to watch Charles Barkley be completely baffled by that game.

This actually isn't that bad at all, it's worlds better than previous events openers etc. Shoulda gotten a green screen and gone hog wild with crazy runs in the backround

ohhhh no Romscout that camera angle makes you look like a troll

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Quest For Glory II posted:

the touch fuzzy music is juxtaposing with this infant death story in a weird way

Wheez would have wanted it this way

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Theres the sound issues that I was looking for. Couldn't hear poo poo. Still can't.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

So....why would the html5 player have a much worse webcam picture than the regular version? Someone who knows computers learn me. THe HTML 5 looks like it isn't near as sharp as the other.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

i am paul newman posted:

Click the cog icon, then choose "Source".

Welp. That fixed it. I thought it was on source because the other one was and it was so goddamn tiny on the html5 screen I didnt notice it. Also didn't notice because the game is all pixels who can tell if its good or not???

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Trihex making 0 :10bux: for the doctors :smith:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I wonder, did the MSF lady bolt after doing her thing at the beginning or is she sitting around being baffled by this whole dog and pony show

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Carcinogen is one of streamers who is fun + good to watch imo especially if you like horror video games

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Toxxupation posted:

I'm legit surprised that some people could be so bad at talking while playing a game that they play every day anyways

and don't most of these people have to entertain on camera anyways? like, to make a living? i'm assuming most of the runners here are making a living with their streaming

All of the runners practice the game but forget to practice talking and their commentary. Speaking well is a skil you need to practice too!

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

the re4 run going on right now is a highlight, crash 2 crashed and burned, yosh's island was a good run and trihex finally defeated marathon luck but the couch was dead

I can't believe they opened with that dead of a couch. Just what a :mediocre: way to open the event

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

srypher posted:

I was really looking forward to this SH2 run, but the runner and couch are pretty low energy. Maybe it's just unfortunate that they came after a kickass RE4 crew.

At least they aren't actively awful though. It's a chill informative low key commentary that manages to be interesting as well.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Octodadd is the best game

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Hmmm are they gonna leave the intermission music on or is this games audio that loud

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Holy poo poo :stare:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Good loving lord

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

i am paul newman posted:

Baka, don't you know anything about the Argyle of the Digital World? A Digidestined's defeated Digimon digitizes back into a Digi-egg to digivolve anew.

digital

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I have come to realize this marathon that I hate 100% routes of games. So boring.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

SWMadness posted:

For a lot of games I think it's more entertaining because you get to see a more varied strategy for completing levels than just "find a way to skip everything".

I think it really just comes down to having seen all of these games again and again over the last 3 or 4 years or whatever. I'm just bored with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

anonymous 10k donation, sounds like a scam!

• Locked thread