Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
man declares woman's opinion is invalid because reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Yeah, what's the problem with this? Man also declares other man's opinion invalid because reasons.

EDIT: Am I, a man, no longer permitted to tell a woman I think she's wrong?

You are obviously 'permitted' to say what you want about someone's opinions. Some grump on an Internet forum saying that dismissing a woman's opinion because of her career is problematic in this instance doesn't mean you aren't 'permitted' to say your end.

You are also permitted to not understand the ongoing and historical differences in the way in which men and women's opinions are treated and the weight they are given if you are either incurious or defensive.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

buddhanc posted:

you sound like fun

wanna fool around

I'm not fun, actually.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

Germstore posted:

"historical differences" says the person who doesn't have an actual good argument.

yeah, women and men probably have been treated equally the entirety of human history.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

I think I the opinion expressed by the women in the op is wrong too. I just think using the argument that one woman is a 'lady who shows her tits on TV' to invalidate her opinion isnt a coherent or helpful or good faith argument and I think it reflects a gender bias in the way men and women's opinions are treated.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

Oh word?

Oh word!?!?!?

I don't understand this response.

Kylo Ren posted:

. I would have looks maxed after high school,

What did you dump your stats in instead? Can't you respec?

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

Jon pop - The 'I could have made my life good but I didn't and now I'm trapped in a bad life forever' mindset isn't helping you. I know you might reply that it is a realistic assessment (maybe it is, maybe it isn't), but either way a positive outlook will help you more than a negative one no matter which is realistic.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

Kylo Ren posted:

I agree that a positive outlook feels better, but due to my aspieness I take everything at face value and am very logical when it comes to certain things. I can't sit here and pretend like a don't have a mountain of problems that will prevent me from being financially independent, married, and a father. I can't imagine the kind of person that would want to be my friend, or the women that would willingly bear my child.

Again, your 'logical' assessment isn't necessarily correct. An alternative explanation is that your problems are solvable but you have low self-efficacy and don't realize you are capable of making improvements that actually are possible because you do not notice or believe in them.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

Kylo Ren posted:

Most men are bluepilled and have no idea on the true nature of women. I have heard guys talk about spending close to a stack trying to woo a girl, and not even getting a kiss.

Can you describe the difference between a typical blue pill male and a red pill male please?

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

Kylo Ren posted:

Red Pill Blue Pill is not set in stone. If you want my general opinion here goes

Blue Pill- Think life is like a John Hughes movie. If I am sweet and placating to my crush, she will eventually realize that me and her were meant to be together. Think women always tell the truth and can do no wrong. Easily manipulated and guilted by women. Brag about being "nice".

Red Pill- Very realistic view of women. Ignore what women say and watch what they do. Do not placate or give them rewards they have no earned. Not easily manipulated or charmed by women. Not afraid to be firm, and demanding when dealing with women. Realize that women are sexual beings and not virgin nuns in a monastery. Not afraid to use force to defend himself against her or her white knights. Does not invest time, money, or resources into her unless she proves she is worth it.

What am I if I don't primarily value my entire identiy on sexual conquest? What if my primary form of validation is my ability to juggle 7 balls at once? How does gender play into that?

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

I think distinguishing objects across time and space should be illegal

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

lol in sweden women ARE protected by law you dumb fucker. its legal to SELL sex, not BUY it. THATS BECAUSE WOMEN WONT GO TO JAIL FOR SELLING SEX ONLY MEN WHO BUY SEX GO TO JAIL YOU IDIOT

I was thinking about an idea like this, and won't it still result in sex work being done in areas outside of legal protection?

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

some dude bro posted:

Please tell me where I'm wrong. I sincerely hold that opinion and I share it only to see if you people can deconstruct or refute it. Mere outrage as a response will not do I'm afraid. How am I wrong?

you are wrong because you wrote a lot of words describing a non existent state of affairs

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

Buschmaki posted:

I think prostitution should be illegal because I read a study saying that the legalization of prostitution just expands the market for illegal prostitution and increases the amount of people trafficked into countries with legal prostitution. I don't see why someone who has exposed their breasts on TV can't have an opinion on this.

Can you find and share this study please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

You'd solve all these problems by legalizing and regulating prostitution. Creating brothels would allow for safe, hygenic places for sex to occur, with background checks required to ensure that sex slaves aren't being passed into circulation. There, easy.

Humping yoda guy just posted a study that says legalized prostitution increases human trafficking. You should check it out, as your extremely reasonable proposal might not be a good solution when actually implemented.

• Locked thread