Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

:siren:Welcome to the prayer thread:siren:

I believe that God wants healing in our lives and works in a variety of ways to provide for our well-being. I have thus posted The Prayer Thread to facilitate sharing one’s prayer requests, lifting up others in prayer, and sharing praises of how God has worked in your life. I hope that this is a place that you will visit often and that you will be blessed as God leads us to experience healing together.

Why do I need to pray?
Prayer is essential in our relationship with God. The importance of prayer as a daily communication with our Lord is such that it is mentioned over two hundred and fifty times in The Bible. But why is it important?
First, daily prayer gives us an opportunity to share all aspects of our lives with God. Second, daily prayer gives us the chance to express our gratitude for the things He provides. Third, daily prayer provides the platform for confessing our sin and asking for help in overcoming that sin. Fourth, daily prayer is an act of worship and obedience.

tl;dr:
Prayer is important so you can
  • talk to God
  • express gratitude towards God
  • confess our sins
  • obey our Lord

How do I pray?
I'm sure you all remember The Lord's Prayer that you were taught in school. It goes:

Our Father in Heaven,
hallowed be your name.
Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on Earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

While this is a good 'overview' prayer to perform every day, you can be far more specific with your prayers. Remember, a prayer is a conversation with God, so you can pray about whatever you like.
Thankful for a recent promotion at work? Try 'Dear Lord, thank you for blessing me with a promotion. I pray that I use my new greater income/position of power/rostered day off to further your will, and that I remain humble as befitting a follower of your Word.'
Want to confess a sin?
'Our Father in Heaven, I have sinned today, for I coveted my neighbor's new turf in his yard. John always has such a nice lawn, but as you know, he has recently renovated his patio area and laid new turf, which seems to be fine-leaf Fescue, and it looks marvelous. Give me strength to no longer covet his new turf, and to live my life without sin.'
Concerned about a friend?
'Dear God, I pray that you watch over Stephanie, and take her as you did the author of the well-known allegorical story 'Footprints' and carry her through this hard time in her life that she must be experiencing, with the recent decision to date someone of a different faith. Guide her hand, and allow her to preach your word to her new boyfriend, so that he may see the light, or be cast into Hell. Else, may you help her see the light and cast aside her ways she has chosen.'

So my internet friends, I hope that you will come to this thread in good faith, and share your troubles, your thanks, and your sins with both our Lord, and also our fellow posters, that we may grow together in fellowship.
If you would like someone to pray with you, please share this information in your posts in this thread.

:siren:IMPORTANT:siren:: This is a "feel good" thread. The world at large is a pretty loving dark and lovely place, and daily prayer gives us an opportunity to share all the troubles of one’s life with God, along with giving us the chance to express gratitude for the things in life that He provides. Please respect the beliefs of each poster in this thread, and please be mindful of their prayers and the sensitive content that may be referred to in them. We will not tolerate any kind of ethnic/gender/orientation slurs, etc. in this thread. This is your warning. Yes, this is a thread on the somethingawful.com forums, a comedy website that is certainly no stranger to crude/shock/offensive humor. There are other threads for that, this is not one of them. Thank you and enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
gently caress up idiot, back to TRP

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

is this kosher

heh

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Oh great and mighty God who thinks that he is hot poo poo. Come at me. Don't be such a pussy sitting in your heaven not doing poo poo. Come fight me, man. If you're so almighty and powerful you should have no trouble going toe to toe. Or maybe you're chicken and something bawk bawk bakw baw baw.

Amen

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
god and praying sound boring

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
hail satin

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
﴿١﴾الْحَمْدُ لِلَّـهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ ﴿٢﴾ الرَّحْمَـٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ ﴿٣﴾ مَالِكِ يَوْمِ الدِّينِ ﴿٤﴾ إِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ وَإِيَّاكَ نَسْتَعِينُ ﴿٥﴾ اهْدِنَا الصِّرَاطَ الْمُسْتَقِيمَ ﴿٦﴾ صِرَاطَ الَّذِينَ أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيْهِمْ غَيْرِ الْمَغْضُوبِ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلَا الضَّالِّينَ

اَللهُ أَكْبَرْ
اَللهُ أَكْبَرْ
اَللهُ أَكْبَرْ

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Our Father in Heaven,
hallowed be your name.
Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on Earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

and forgive us our transgressions, as we forgive those who transgress against ourselves
for thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory, now and forever

amen

Tevryr
Dec 5, 2009
what is this poo poo about forgiving people that need to pay up?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Hail Satan.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Dear jesu alla moham gd jehov

None of you are real and I am not a mental

AMen

e: was anyone legit scared of saying anything Muslim? Cos I was...

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
om shanti shanti shanti

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us
for thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory, now and forever

amen

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

no for real tho https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qrbfRqBdpY

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

a prayer for prosperity
hungry investors stuffed with cash
please notice my fine suit
invest in this, my fund
and be forever enriched
like your friends before you
praise my skill to all you know

notice not my stock photo family
it is but window dressing
notice not the investment chart
which leads back unto itself
notice not the familiar scent
of your friend's hands
on your next return

and should these things come to pass
tell not the pigs of the field
for of each of my sins you know
i know three of yours
forever and ever
amen

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of Satan, called Lucifer. May God rebuke him, I humbly pray, and do thou o Prince of heavenly hosts, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan, and all his evil spirits, who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
dicksuck.exe

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
i want to suck angel dick, but sadly they lack physical form

Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013
Hail Lucifer! Dark bringer of light!
Hail Lucifer! Giver of eternal sight!

Wisdom bringer, we call upon thy name.
Bestow upon us thy infernal blessings,
Of the inner divine flame!

Open our eyes mighty father!
So that we may see!
Guide our steps on the Burning Path
of Liberation and Ecstasy!

Titanic Prometheus! God of forbidden light!
Your black flame we bear inside,
as a legacy of your might!

Illumination's father! God of shadowless light!
Black sun of dark mysteries.
Restore the dragon's sight!

Mighty God of darkness!
All salutations to thee!
Your gift of knowledge and rebellion
will set our spirits free!

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqFvNBeSol0

O Master Christ God, Who hast healed my passions through Thy Passion, and hast cured my wounds through Thy wounds, grant me, who have sinned greatly against Thee, tears of compunction. Transform my body with the fragrance of Thy live-giving Body, and sweeten my soul with Thy precious Blood from the bitterness with which the foe hath fed me. Lift up my down-cast mind to Thee, and take it out of the abyss of perdition, for I have no repentance, for I have no compunction, I have no consoling tears, which uplift children to their heritage. My mind hath been darkened through earthly passions, I cannot look up to Thee in pain. I cannot warm myself with tears of love for Thee. But, O Sovereign Lord Jesus Christ, Treasury of good things, give me thorough repentance and a diligent heart to seek Thee; grant me Thy grace, and renew in me the likeness of Thine image. I have forsaken Thee - do Thou not forsake me! Come out to seek me; lead me up to Thy pasturage and number me among the sheep of Thy chosen flock. Nourish me with them on the grass of Thy Holy Mysteries, through the intercessions of Thy most pure Mother and all Thy saints. Amen.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

I'm praying for you, OP.

Praying for you to die! :twisted:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I'm praying for you, OP.

Praying for you to die! :twisted:

Wow. I pray that you become a nicer person while you are probated, fellow poster. We are all one here as posters, let us not wish harm on each other

Thotol
Jul 10, 2015
I Hate religion and the op
All Hail Science.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
praise the lord, OP!

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Here's to being human
All the pain and suffering
There's beauty in the bleeding
At least you feel something

I wish I knew what it was like
To care enough to carry on
To find a place where I belong, but

I am machine
I never sleep
I keep my eyes wide open
I am machine
A part of me
Wishes I could just feel something
I am machine
I never sleep
Until I fix what's broken
I am machine
A part of me

Here's to being human
Taking it for granted
The highs and lows of living
To getting second chances

To care about what's right or wrong
I wish someone could help me find
Find a place where I belong, but

I am machine
I never sleep
I keep my eyes wide open
I am machine
A part of me
I am machine
I never sleep
I am machine
A part of me

It wasn't supposed to be this way
We were meant to feel the pain
I don't like what I am becoming
Wish I could just feel something

I am machine
I never sleep
I keep my eyes wide open
I am machine
A part of me
I am machine
I never sleep
I am machine
A part of me
Wishes I could just feel something.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
Dear God, for this Christmas I want lots and lots of money, like a billion at least, also I want to be the ruler of the world, and I want to become immortal, but not so immortal that I'll float around in space forever after the world ends, also scratch that, I'd like to become a god myself, I think that would be kinda cool, we could be like the holy squarity or something and hang out, I'll bring chips and video games I usually play on the PC so I hope you have good wifi, I also have an PS4 so we can play bloodborne if you buy me a new pslive account (I let mine run out).

kthanks.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
Sorry OP, I mixed up God and Santa Claus again, I don't really think God exists.

I still hope my post gets delivered to the right person though.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Fredrik1 posted:

Sorry OP, I mixed up God and Santa Claus again, I don't really think God exists.

I still hope my post gets delivered to the right person though.

Santa Claus is an analogue for God in the mind of a child. Santa Claus is an "all knowing", "always present", "all powerful" giver of best gifts, who we are taught to believe in from a young age. If only secular culture would realise that it is not Santa Claus they are teaching their children about, but in fact our Lord and savior.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Richard McBeef
Apr 21, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I pray for death every morning I wake up. I can't take this much longer.

Fairly passive
Nov 4, 2012

Not as productive as I should be
beest in heaven...

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
You say it's a conversation with God OP but God never talks back.

Is god shy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

I'm chugging dark coffee in celebration of our dark lord. Hail Satan.

• Locked thread