Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
Dear GBs,

I work nights/weekends in this shithole we call St. Louis. While peaceably walking to my car tonight 2 young gentleman tried to rob me and 4 of my co-workers at gunpoint. We are idiots and we scattered like the pussies we are. One guy tried to shoot us, but the gun jammed. When I turned to look at him he was clearing the chamber. He ran off instead of firing again. Is anyone living in a less violent city with job opportunities, cuz' gently caress this town.

xoxo,

sluggo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
the city museum is the best BYOB museum ever

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

amityville anus posted:

the city museum is the best BYOB museum ever

attempted robbery at gunpoint, are you not getting this?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwBoa-NbNL8

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

sluggo is mad posted:

attempted robbery at gunpoint, are you not getting this?

i didn't read the OP i was too busy thinking of the city museum and the po'boy i got at some bar

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
"2 young gentleman"... wow your colour coding...

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

sluggo is mad posted:

Dear GBs,

I work nights/weekends in this shithole we call St. Louis. While peaceably walking to my car tonight 2 young gentleman tried to rob me and 4 of my co-workers at gunpoint. We are idiots and we scattered like the pussies we are. One guy tried to shoot us, but the gun jammed. When I turned to look at him he was clearing the chamber. He ran off instead of firing again. Is anyone living in a less violent city with job opportunities, cuz' gently caress this town.

xoxo,

sluggo

Come to Taipei. Teach English. Live like a king.

The only crime here is having too much fun... No wait. The real crime here is drunk driving on a motor scooter. It's hilariously safe here.

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
i think op may have a little case of white privilege

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
i made no mention of race (they were black) perhaps it is you who are color coding.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Backweb posted:

Come to Taipei. Teach English. Live like a king.

The only crime here is having too much fun... No wait. The real crime here is drunk driving on a motor scooter. It's hilariously safe here.

I'm not joking. Hook a goon up.

I have a master's in english. would that help? it hasn't helped with any other job opportunities.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
You should hop a cruise to Sweden and become one of those migrants I hear so. Much about

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
You need to learn to des moines.

Hasn't been a crime comitted there in 50 years

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED

sluggo is mad posted:

I'm not joking. Hook a goon up.

I have a master's in english. would that help? it hasn't helped with any other job opportunities.

you can basically teach english in any 3rd world country you want without any kind of degree if youre a native english speaker

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
Do you have any qualifications besides this english masters? If no, then that explains why you almost got mugged - you're working a disposable poo poo job in a poo poo part of town. Go back to school for STEM like the rest of us god fearin Americans

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Wickerman posted:

Do you have any qualifications besides this english masters? If no, then that explains why you almost got mugged - you're working a disposable poo poo job in a poo poo part of town. Go back to school for STEM like the rest of us god fearin Americans

I have a liberal arts degree, so I work a poo poo job (because gently caress teaching), but it's not a poo poo part of town. It's right by Busch (baseball) stadium.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

sluggo is mad posted:

I have a liberal arts degree, so I work a poo poo job (because gently caress teaching), but it's not a poo poo part of town. It's right by Busch (baseball) stadium.

It's st. Louis, if you are in a good part of town you're still as stones throw away from the bad parts

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

sluggo is mad posted:

Dear GBs,

xoxo,

sluggo

You should value this Cultural Enrichment opportunity you were so graciously afforded. Some of us aren't so lucky and have to live in white ghettos.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Try carrying a gun you wuss

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Equine Don posted:

Try carrying a gun you wuss

I have a CCW. I work for a multi-national corporation that would fire me for carrying on it's property.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Sounds like an excuse to me

GunChicka
Dec 5, 2014

bang bang

Jastiger posted:

You need to learn to des moines.

Hasn't been a crime comitted there in 50 years

That beet lemonade I got at the farmer's market earlier this summer was surely a crime. Also gently caress, can we plan out a loving farmer's market in a way that makes it possible to actually traverse a street?

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

sluggo is mad posted:

I have a CCW. I work for a multi-national corporation that would fire me for carrying on it's property.

gun free zone working as intended

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Equine Don posted:

Sounds like an excuse to me

it totally is. im going to work strapped from now on. gently caress the man

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
gently caress THE MAN

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
All of my managers carry so I'm just trying to fit in

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Then why don't you marry it?

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Booblord Zagats posted:

Then why don't you marry it?

I totally would, bruh

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

sluggo is mad posted:

I totally would, bruh

That's beautiful, man

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Booblord Zagats posted:

That's beautiful, man

it really is, no?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
But really, Arizona has jobs in almost every sector just coming out the rear end. It's hot as gently caress for the most part and the brownness in the Southern part of the state can be depressing, but I have to admit the more time I spend in the state the more I like it

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 3 years!)

there a 17 firearms ranging from pistols to semi auto rifles in my office right now. i work in an office of 5 people

:911:

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

CuteJen96 posted:

there a 17 firearms ranging from pistols to semi auto rifles in my office right now. i work in an office of 5 people

:911:

Booblord Zagats posted:

But really, Arizona has jobs in almost every sector just coming out the rear end. It's hot as gently caress for the most part and the brownness in the Southern part of the state can be depressing, but I have to admit the more time I spend in the state the more I like it

I grew up in Cali, and this "browness" you speak of just means more hot latinas for me to creep on.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

sluggo is mad posted:

I grew up in Cali, and this "browness" you speak of just means more hot latinas for me to creep on.

Just avoid Phoenix and Yuma, both are somehow more devoid of culture than LA and twice as hot. Tucson isn;t pretty, but it's actually a lot of fun once you explore it a bit plus hot latina chicks are all over the place. Flagstaff is gorgeous year round and the college seems to be where they hide hot hippy chicks escaping from New Mexico, Colorado and California.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Booblord Zagats posted:

Just avoid Phoenix and Yuma, both are somehow more devoid of culture than LA and twice as hot. Tucson isn;t pretty, but it's actually a lot of fun once you explore it a bit plus hot latina chicks are all over the place. Flagstaff is gorgeous year round and the college seems to be where they hide hot hippy chicks escaping from New Mexico, Colorado and California.

realtalk: how bad are the old people? I mean the lovely evangelical ones,

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

sluggo is mad posted:

realtalk: how bad are the old people? I mean the lovely evangelical ones,

If you avoid Phoenix, and the areas of anyplace near RV parks, they're pretty quiet

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
are you comfortable with encouraging folks to move to your state?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

sluggo is mad posted:

are you comfortable with encouraging folks to move to your state?

Really I'm comfortable with encouraging people to head West. I grew up in Georgia and New England for the most part, so when I was older and lived in Southern California, Colorado, Northern NM and Arizona, I've really grown fond of the areas. Employment is easy enough to find, weather is agreeable, plenty of poo poo to do if you're the least bit active and so long as you avoid specific areas, the cost of living is downright reasonable without having to live in a depressed shithole.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Booblord Zagats posted:

Really I'm comfortable with encouraging people to head West. I grew up in Georgia and New England for the most part, so when I was older and lived in Southern California, Colorado, Northern NM and Arizona, I've really grown fond of the areas. Employment is easy enough to find, weather is agreeable, plenty of poo poo to do if you're the least bit active and so long as you avoid specific areas, the cost of living is downright reasonable without having to live in a depressed shithole.

I was born in Cali, and I do live in Missouri, which is def a depressed shithole. I'm a helluva welder, I'lll look into moving west mainly cuz I got loving shot at here, SHOT AT

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
eurgh you pussy bitch it's a shame they didn't shoot you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Lascivious Sloth posted:

eurgh you pussy bitch it's a shame they didn't shoot you

you could finish it, you pussy bitch, come at me