Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Illinois Smith posted:

I like how he has adopted the pancakes diner as his unofficial meeting spot, like with the sex addict guy from last season or the gay guy from last episode.

It had one of the worst moments of his life and then the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

I keep changing my mind from feeling sorry for Forrest and hating him. Sometimes you watch him undertake these challenges with glee, knowing the pain it'll cause people around him and that he doesn't actually have to do these things. But deep down he's just so utterly committed to these Reviews regardless of how much they're destroying his life. Andy Daly is simply the best.

If you want to hear some amazing Andy Daly listen to him on the Dead Author's podcast. His L. Ron is a thing of beauty

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

That is in fact the only episode of Dead Authors I've listened to. Part 1 anyway, I should do Part 2 at some point.

Part 2 is even crazier and he also does one as F, Scott Fitzgerald and Marquis de Sade.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Oh dear god

Andy Daly posted:

If you were stunned by the ending of last week's #Review, tonight's episode might literally kill you.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Fellatio del Toro posted:

What's it like to literally kill one of your viewers?

He is going to review being a cult leader tonight so who knows how it will end.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Holy poo poo one of the future episodes contains William tell

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Illinois Smith posted:

She did figure it out in last season's finale.

The thing to keep in mind though is that everything we see in the show is what Forrest wants us to see. So there may well have been more discussions between the two about his job.

Andy Daly also said in an interview that they tried to but ultimately decided against a "what's it like to fake your own death?" segment because it would force them to address how famous Forrest is. So far the only person we've seen who recognized him was Mrs. Greenfield's student. But again, including him in the segment was Forrest's decision.

Didn't she say something about the show when he was reviewing Batman?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Naet posted:

Joaquin from Phoenix was a stupidly hilarious joke, but the "I have to apologize to my church" thing had me laughing hard for some reason.

Forrest's knowing nod after Jack says that they would have the first generation of kids to grow up in space also killed me.

The best request is still the guy who started a crossfit gym so he wants to know what its like leading a cult.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Brock Samson posted:

IT'S A FIVE STAR SYSTEM drat IT

Did you learn nothing from the cult review?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

EatinCake posted:

This show did a very admirable thing through the premise of 'character completely ruins their life through bad choices'.

I remember watching The Increasingly Bad Decisions of Todd Margret, David Crosses thing, and was actually mad at the show towards the end for being so god drat pessimistic. When he directly murdered the main love interest of the show, I was done with it. It was unnecessary, dumb, and kinda pointlessly cruel. You can do those things (Rick & Morty), but it makes for really unsatisfactory storytelling if it isn't for some greater purpose.

Review managed to make it's hero awfully faulty while still keeping some downright admirable qualities. They made a really tight knit world with only a few main characters, and yet they really held onto Forrest's integrity. Even in his worst moments, you couldn't hate him, it was clear where he's coming from and why he's doing what he's doing.

Solid characterization and writing go a long way. And I'm really happy to see Review really nail the landing here.

This would make a great series finale, but the writers have my confidence at this point, so I'll be checking in if they do manage to put together a 3rd season. Afterall, now that he has nothing to lose, maybe we could see a rebuilding ark?

One to bring him to the 5 stars?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

The idea of Andy on network TV to an audience of people who know him from his comedy work and probably won't remember his small appearances on things like Modern Family fills me with glee. On the surface he seems like the most normal, office worker type dude who doesn't lust for murder on the high seas. But we know different.

You have to love the Commodore and the first and only condor scout.

• Locked thread