Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Inspector 34 posted:

Nah that would be amazing because he'd end up having an awkward devil's threeway with his intern and his girlfriend, except intern would be laughing his rear end off the whole time.

Have you been watching Difficult People too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

dik-dik posted:

My only complaint about this episode is that it didn't include Forrest getting shot in one of his muscle prostheses, squirting silicone everywhere.

I was so convinced his giant fake dick was going to get shot off when he whipped it out.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Maxwell Lord posted:

That was my favorite part of the episode.

That and "w... w... w... Dot..."

I thought it was lame when they first did the joke, but later on when he mentions searching something on "doubleyew doubleyew doubleyew dot google dot com" i burst out laughing

i never knew forest was supposed to be bad at computers he seems like a nerd

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

JT Jag posted:

He could have just told her he was catfishing her after she asked to facechat instead of doing the absurd shortstopman thing.

i bet even if you came from the future with all the episodes on an ipad and showed Forest the consequences of his actions he would still go ahead with the reviews because he is a stand up guy and made a commitment.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zsinjeh posted:

Me trying to apply logic to a pretty absurd show is probably dumb, but I get the feeling he can only veto before he accepts. And he clearly accepted blindly with no idea what the legend of William Tell is.

This is what I think too. I've heard the story but never the name and as soon as he blindly accepted I knew a "William Tell" was a bad thing.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nameless Pete posted:

I kind of hope it doesn't get picked up, just because Review having essentially the same ending as Hannibal is too perfect.

Hahahahaha holy poo poo

I wonder if the twitter is going dark while he is missing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Decided to get around to watching the original Australian version in a small fit of patriotism. The differences are quite interesting to behold - e.g. splitting the character of Myles into the characters of Forrest and Grant, or the fact that the Australian version features the "Murder" review (accidentally spiraling into a series of murders) in the second episode instead of saving it for a climactic moment. Definitely still the same show with the same sense of humour, though. Recommended viewing if you're jonesing for some more Review action between seasons. Four stars.

I really love both versions for doing their own thing. I love Daly so the american one is my favourite but there is soooo much to love about the Australian version as well. It goes off the deep end by episode 2. The australian host always tries to wrap things up with a convoluted simile and it's so terrible and good.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jun 29, 2016

• Locked thread