Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How good is your 7th-round pick?
Pro Bowler
Future Hall of Famer
Gets the key to every city in America
Future President of the Universe
View Results

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Kalli posted:

Trick plays in training camp y'all:

https://twitter.com/stoolpresidente/status/626777652465156096

Brady hands it to a running back who flips it to Edelman who throws it back to Tom.

Can't wait to see it in week 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

sweet thursday posted:

So in the age of Twitter are we just going to forget what a cardinal sin it is to tape somebody's practice?
#freebrady

Fairly certain the Pats literally invented taping practices.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Raku posted:

The Gators blog on sbnation is still denying the necessity of having one despite literally losing two weeks of practice due to rain last year

It makes no sense to me because when I lived in Gainesville, during summer session you could almost set your watch by the rain it was that predictable.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Probably pretty good for passes that bounce off hands or are tipped. Kind of a neat drill to practice quickly tracking a ball.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Ehud posted:

@RobertKlemko: Spoke to a Titan who was initially skeptical of Mariota: "He can really spin it. Been looking guys off since Day 1. We got the right one."

@RobertKlemko: It can't be overstated how sharp Mariota looks in practice, and that's before you get into a comparison with Mettenberger. Not even close.

more good signs so far for mariota

Don't you know that no red flags in itself is a huge red flag? Jameis throwing all those picks just justifies his #1 overall selection.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Ross Angeles posted:

That Tampa/Pittsburgh game, man

Yeah, last year Pittsburgh lost to the Jets and Bucs, but hung over 100 points on the Colts and Ravens and had some really impressive wins.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Ehud posted:

@OmarKelly: Ndamukong Suh shot the gap and beat Billy Turner for a loss of 12-yards on a Lamar Miller run.

come on Evan Mathis pls

Suh is like Tannehill, he gets better every year. Miami Dolphins, your 2023 Super Bowl Champs.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

The Rams seem to actually be doing the smart thing with Todd Gurley, he probably won't play any in the preseason. Their GM said he's ready to go now so I was scared they were going to try to rush him back.

Give him like 4 carries in week 3 and 4 just sonhe gets game experience, and then start him week 1 imo.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

No Butt Stuff posted:

In what universe does fighting Cam Newton seem like a good idea? The guy is bigger than almost every linebacker in the league.

Physical issues aside in what universe does fighting your franchise QB seem like a good idea?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

He did an interview on Lebatard's radio show last week and it was really really good. He was really open about being a gently caress up when he was younger.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

Saints camp press release:

liek dis if you cray evrytime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

ulmont posted:

Ironically not Saints-Patriots.

Sean Payton explicitly stated if you fight you are off the team (probably not actually applicable to anyone good, but the majority of the guys who would be extra chippy to try and make the roster are listening). Also, its not like Belichick was ever shown emotion other than delight in cutting people, so he has probably also made that a clear priority.

• Locked thread