Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rabite
Apr 13, 2002

Dynamiet Rab
Allright hulkamaniacs! I'm calling on all you little jacks, brothers, and dudes to help out Americas savior in his time of need. Take all your training, all your prayers, and all your vitamins cos this ain't thunder in paradise brotther, This is social terrorism and shots have been fired. Implied media made social morals, what you gonna do.... what you gonna do when nobody cares.... about you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
tane orb

spidergoats
May 20, 2001
Be a man Hogan!

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
** Crickets **

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

im pro-racism

Rabite
Apr 13, 2002

Dynamiet Rab

Blazing Ownager posted:

** Crickets **

Fine young crapper, we need your support! Thanks for joining the cause!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

TEAYCHES posted:

im pro-racism

Richard McBeef
Apr 21, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Here's a video of him losing like a little bitch.

http://youtu.be/grnn_M8GKe0

All hail Rowdy Roddy Piper. The one true wrestling god.

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx

TEAYCHES posted:

im pro-racism

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Richard McBeef posted:

All hail Rowdy Roddy Piper. The one true wrestling god.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
"eat poo poo hulkster"

- anyone with a brain

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
going out to pastamania tonight to show my suppoert :tipshat:

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
Hurk Horgan was mah numero uno fav wrestler in the day. I suppirt him NO MATTER WHAT!! Hogan defeeted commukinzm BARE HANDED!! gently caress iff if you dkn't feel what the fuckin rock is cookin, gently caress the ROCK, that sambo motherfucker. Macho man was a queer, and Andre drank all fhe BEerS!! Hurk-a-mania 4 Ever! Peaxe.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
real talk, is saying the word friend of the family at any point in your life all you need to do to ruin it all

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
when he was red/yellow i always wanted them to bring back evil hogan, but not like this, not like this!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Fargin Icehole posted:

real talk, is saying the word friend of the family at any point in your life all you need to do to ruin it all

depends, are you hoping to run for office on a Republican ticket?

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

sounds like that hulk got n********ed (please add more asterisks until you no longer feel triggered thanks)

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Racial prejudice is as natrual as falling out of a tree. The current rend of anti-racist social campaigns is really just a product of generational/class conflict.

It works like this. Hundreds of thousands of years of evolution created an instinct to fear and mistrust people who don't look like the people you grew up with. Studies have been done where different people's brains are monitored while they are shown images intended to trigger a primordial fear response. They were then shown pictures of different peoples from all over the world, and those responses were measured as well. What they discovered was that people had a window, vaguely like the language window, where their expectations were normalized. So, if you had regular positive interactions with people who look a certain way between the ages of three and seven, then those people were mentally associated with your tribe. When shown pictures of people outside of your tribe, the primordial fear response occured, like the feeling of a spider crawling on your skin.

In other words, racism is a phobia and not being racist is a byproduct of certain social circumstances of your upbringing. The result is that people who tend to segregate themselves, like v. rich people, agrarian types, or olds who grew up before telivison offered a diversity of entertainers all didn't have the correct exposure to avoid this issue. Attacking people over the circumstances of their birth isn't a good thing, imo. After all, that's what racists do.

Ork of Fiction fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jul 28, 2015

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Ork of Fiction posted:

Racial prejudice is as natrual as falling out of a tree. The current rend of anti-racist social campaigns is really just a product of generational/class conflict.

It works like this. Hundreds of thousands of years of evolution created an instinct to fear and mistrust people who don't look like the people you grew up with. Studies have been done where different people's brains are monitored while they are shown images intended to trigger a primordial fear response. They were then shown pictures of different peoples from all over the world, and those responses were measured as well. What they discovered was that people had a window, vaguely like the language window, where their expectations were normalized. In other words, if you had regular positive interactions with people who look a certain way between the ages of three and seven, then those people were mentally associated with your tribe. When shown pictures of people outside of your tribe, the primordial fear response occured, like the feeling of a spider crawling on your skin.

In other words, racism is a phobia and not being racist is a byproduct of certain social circumstances of your upbringing. The result is that people who tend to segregate themselves, like v. rich people, agrarian types, or olds who grew up before telivison offered a diversity of entertainers all didn't have the correct exposure to avoid this issue. Attacking people over the circumstances of their birth isn't a good thing, imo. After all, that's what racists do.

hosed up if false

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Fargin Icehole posted:

It's actually kind of scary that with new media and technology, you have to be on guard 24/7 and people can ruin your life for even the slightest perceived infraction. I'm sure some rear end in a top hat will come in here and say "but racism is bad" and totally miss the point but what can you do? People are really dumb.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Ork of Fiction posted:

It works like this. Hundreds of thousands of years of evolution created an instinct to fear and mistrust people who don't look like the people you grew up with. Studies have been done where different people's brains are monitored while they are shown images intended to trigger a primordial fear response. They were then shown pictures of different peoples from all over the world, and those responses were measured as well. What they discovered was that people had a window, vaguely like the language window, where their expectations were normalized. In other words, if you had regular positive interactions with people who look a certain way between the ages of three and seven, then those people were mentally associated with your tribe. When shown pictures of people outside of your tribe, the primordial fear response occured, like the feeling of a spider crawling on your skin.

Sounds scientific. Studies were done.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

BigBoss posted:

It's actually kind of scary that with new media and technology, you have to be on guard 24/7 and people can ruin your life for even the slightest perceived infraction. I'm sure some rear end in a top hat will come in here and say "but racism is bad" and totally miss the point but what can you do? People are really dumb.

It seems like you are missing the point that if you are a public figure and you say something moronic you might catch some heat. It also seems like you're the dumb one.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Hulk Rules

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
Hoggie was framed

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Agag posted:

Sounds scientific. Studies were done.

Haha, not really. I just made all that poo poo up. Racism was actually invented by white people in a lab in Arazona.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the gently caress is a nugget pasta

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i need help please. i updated the drivers on my hulk hogan and now it won't start up

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Parallax Scroll posted:

i need help please. i updated the drivers on my hulk hogan and now it won't start up

do you have a pile head driver

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

The Sphinxster posted:

It seems like you are missing the point that if you are a public figure and you say something moronic you might catch some heat. It also seems like you're the dumb one.

I knew there would be at least one idiot who wouldn't get it and that idiot is you. WTG. :)

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Hello? Is this Hulk Hogan support? Yes, I'd like to report that my Hulk Hogan has been saying awful things about black people and I'm not sure how to make him stop. What's that? Yes I can hold.

Guys I'll let you know if there is a fix hold on.

Rabite
Apr 13, 2002

Dynamiet Rab

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Hell yeah brother

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Fargin Icehole posted:

well i mean its not that simple, hulkster was jealous that his daughter was loving a black guy, and if she was going to marry a friend of the family might as well marry an 8 foot tall friend of the family worth 100 mil.

but yeah hulkamania's running wild on the southern strategy.

Rabite
Apr 13, 2002

Dynamiet Rab

shiksa posted:

well i mean its not that simple, hulkster was jealous that his daughter was loving a black guy, and if she was going to marry a friend of the family might as well marry an 8 foot tall friend of the family worth 100 mil.

but yeah hulkamania's running wild on the southern strategy.

The traing the prayers the expletives

Rabite
Apr 13, 2002

Dynamiet Rab

Rasta_Al posted:

Hurk Horgan was mah numero uno fav wrestler in the day. I suppirt him NO MATTER WHAT!! Hogan defeeted commukinzm BARE HANDED!! gently caress iff if you dkn't feel what the fuckin rock is cookin, gently caress the ROCK, that sambo motherfucker. Macho man was a queer, and Andre drank all fhe BEerS!! Hurk-a-mania 4 Ever! Peaxe.

That's what I'm talkin about DUDE

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

BigBoss posted:

I knew there would be at least one idiot who wouldn't get it and that idiot is you. WTG. :)

You didn't make any actual point having to do with Hogan so I guess I don't feel too stupid.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

this next track the hulkster's spinning is called "guilty of being white", BROTHERRR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabite
Apr 13, 2002

Dynamiet Rab
http://youtu.be/HwE6F7md1LQ

• Locked thread