Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

That's the truth.

Can we get a scandal up and running please? Some sort of new and exciting team espionage, none of the played out bribery and nazi hooker incidents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

I've returned to the glorious motherland only to discover that F1 is no longer available on free to air TV.

And then they hosed up installing cable TV so I missed Hungary entirely which from all accounts was a boring snoozefest.

Right?

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Diet Crack posted:

Yeah it was the worst race of the season, real funeral procession like Malaysia was.

I was at that race.

You wouldn't lie to me would you?

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Has Pastor crashed yet?

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

What happened to all that talk of RBR purchasing engine production equipment about 6 months ago?

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

In the future the North Korean Grand Prix will be an acclaimed night race that finishes off every season worth quadruple points.

Better fit driving lights to the cars

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

American struggling to turn left? Unheard of.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Brainwrong posted:

The usual, monthly "Lotus owes company X $6,000,000,000" stories are often a load of hot air.

This on the other hand is the HMRC and they love loving people for money. Unless you owe billions like Bernie, Vodafone, Amazon, Google etc. Lotus doesn't owe enough to be safe!

How does the saying go, if you owe a million the bank owns you, if you owe a billion, you own the bank.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Paul Di Resta was insufferable as a driver, why the gently caress is Sky using him for commentary

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

PT6A posted:

It feels dirty and bad to agree with this sentiment, but, god help me, I actually do.

In a drat Ferrari no less.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

From free practice 3, Lauda on a phone miming a dick suck

https://streamable.com/c0ao

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Norns posted:

Ever been to Singapore? Air quality is poo poo. You're better off being cold.

Well coming from Manila it was pristine. But so is a sewer.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Alain Post posted:

I figured Singapore would be police-state squeaky clean.

Graffiti is mistaken for advertising because.. what is graffiti?

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

DaveP posted:

Was there any news back on why some of the mid tier teams ( Sainz and someone else iirc ) were having issues with gearbox jumping into neutral? Heat and fatigue? Odd electrical interference from the subway? Mclaren trying to cheat their way into relevance?

Trams

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

quote:

Yogvitam Pravin Dhokia, 27, was arrested by Singapore police for a rash act after he found his way onto the track in the Marina Bay Street Circuit.

According to the charge sheet, Dhokia's rash act "endangered personal safety of the drivers". He was charged under Section 336(a) of the Penal Code, Chapter 224.

Bail was set at S$15,000 and his passport was impounded. When told of the bail figure, Dhokia told District Judge Ronald Gwee: "S$15,000 bail is too high for me. I'm not working currently. I spent all my savings on tickets. I don't really have that kind of money."

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/formula-1-singapore-grand/2142536.html

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

RALF posted:

Joe's Award will never stop being funny.

Not being sarcastic, by the way. Just thinking of Joe's Award makes me smile.

Well yeah, like videos of kids falling over

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

The Sweet Hereafter posted:

Speaking of things that are really, really bad, you can now own a classic piece of F1 history for a mere 99p. No pole supplied because he went rallying instead.

Also available: the wallet they kept their no money in, and the laptop sleeve that protected the Pentium II Thinkpad that stored all their shameful car data.

e: the same shop is also selling a McLaren Stunt Kite that is probably faster through the air than the MP4/30

Didn't they have a virus on their trackside computers? Risky purchase, pole or no pole.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

be nice wicka posted:

i haven't heard that, but i heard that they're losing johnnie walker (FIA)
Is the implication that the FIA is forcing alcohol money out of the sport?

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

be nice wicka posted:

no, johnnie walker is sponsoring F1 as a whole rather than just mclaren. suppose it would have been more accurate to say FOM.

Oh like Rolex, I see.

Back to shitposting.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Alain Post posted:

Too late mate you've been found out.

Was there a thing where the database crashed and people who signed up around 2005-2006 had to sign up again?

Or does this horrible thread just make it feel like time passes slower.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

RALF posted:

Mods please change my reg date back to May 1, 1994

July 7, 2005 for me thanks, never forget lads.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Silly young max has a three place penalty because he went to park it as the power was going then changed his mind only to have it fail on the racing line.

It's in F1's best interests to start Max the Boss from the last row of the grid anyway. Too many Finns clogging up the midfield unable to pass.

Get moist and allow Verstappen love inside.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Otherwise my list would consist solely of Francois Cevert.
Well yeah but Stewart makes anyone look attractive.

Who am I kidding, Cevert deserves top spot.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

krushgroove posted:

At this point, the handbags at dawn style drama, joking about the politics and sometimes during a race you'll get a single nice racing move that has bigger implications to the wider picture (like Lewis' pass into turn 1/2). For on-track action I prefer watching Moto3 motorcycle races. MotoGP has a bit more on-track action than F1 right now but there's actually a battle for the championship this year, which makes it more interesting to watch.

GP2 is a completely watchable series even if Van Door is running away with the championship.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Jedit posted:

Fast cars go vroom.

Seriously, don't overanalyse it.

Adults throwing tantrums, billion dollar businesses sucking and quitting. Watches painted on gloves, exotic third world locations.

My F1.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

krushgroove posted:

And Ferrari actually can't provide 2015-spec engines according to FIA rules (unless there's a unanimous vote)...so RBR are hosed.

Was a unanimous vote achieved for Manor to run 2014 spec nearly-everything this year?

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Halo14 posted:

I didn't see the Russian GP last year, is the track any good?

There is that one turn that promised everything and delivered nothing. It's awful.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

track day bro! posted:

`What about if ford buy back red bull and we see the glorious return of Stewart Ford

Turgid

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Kimi is a fraud because years on and we're still clinging on to the same old rear end jokes about ice cream and making GBS threads. Good loving God, the F1 fandom is so stale and poo poo.

Leave me alone. Dreamcrush. The aforementioned taking a poo poo and magnum ice cream. Closed gate. James Hunt monkey suit.

What have I left out?

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Triple A posted:

They'd be interesting if they were homologated to real production cars. Every poo poo hatchback would be fun if they were AWD and had 300 horses.

But nope, no fun allowed.

They loving promised the RS Focus would be AWD and many horsepower.

Nope, front wheel drive with a trick diff. Pricks.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

daslog posted:

What's the consensus on Joe Saward and his blog?

Life is boring without distractions like Joe's Award.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Is this a paid advertisement for ExxonMobileTM

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Sunday qualifying. Ok.

Will the weather have cleared to even race?

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Moto 3 was a cracker of a race, loved the sequence of events on the last lap that meant Kent went from world champion, to equal first to second in championship in rapid fire.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

poty posted:

I agree with whoever said that the BBC has the best sports coverage for any sport. Even when no sport actually takes place. Sky was like being stuck in an elevator for 4 hours with Di Resta

But if it was Ant, Karun or Bruno.. or anyone else, to be honest

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

God loving bless Joes Award

The man is full on retarded. Yes Joey a car is exactly like a cellphone and people will start giving them away for free.

If the manufacturer can control the fuel or roads then they could give cars to consumers and charge them for use.

There is potential if hot swapping batteries on electric cars is required and proprietary.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Please call the team Cavallo Rosso

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

MattD1zzl3 posted:

What ever happened to sam "Team killer" michael? I never see him anymore.

I'm reasonably sure he changed to V8SC?

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Alain Post posted:

By the way: In all seriousness, another problem with that model is that it basically seems to assume the transitive property of driver skill, in other words, if driver A is better than driver B, and driver B is better than driver C, than driver A is better than driver C. This is part of why Rosberg gets such an insane rating for beating a geriatric Michael Schumacher, and is also why HHF gets rated over basically every 80s driver because he beat Damon Hill in 1999, when Damon was in full, complete "not giving a gently caress" mode. Basically, I think the model is giving Rosberg credit for being better than the 80s guys on the evidence that Schumacher compared favorably to them, and HHF gets credit for stuff like Damon Hill having a pretty favorable season against Alain Prost once.
what happens if MSC's career is split so Rosberg is teammate to only post retirement Schumacher?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

learnincurve posted:

I'm not sure why any Americans would go an Austin GP after how dead it was vs being able to fly to the Mexico party race for less money.

This is Melbourne v Malaysia for Aussies. Singapore too.

• Locked thread