Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
I have gotten through my life without ever hearing anything but Bear-en-stain, never any steins or steens or anything remotely Jewish about these hick bears.

I think you guys are the conspiracy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
I'm just scrolling through GIS, I had no idea there were like three bajillion of these books or that they got so Jesusy.

E: Though that is the Old Testament, hmmm...

E2: MIKE Berenstain? Hmm again.

Phobic Nest fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jul 31, 2015

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
These books began in the sixties and I have vague recollection that some of the other bears in town were kinda hippie-ish, I think?

Looks like Mike B ain't having that kinda poo poo.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
Goddamn are there a lot of these books.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Berenstain_Bears_books#Publication_summary

I guess 2008 is when it all went to hell heaven.

It amuses me that The Berenstain Bears Bible exists and hey, it seems pretty progressive.

Looks like among bears it really was Adam and Steve.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
haha they've started taking old books and giving 'em a Jesusy makeover

e: better pic

Phobic Nest fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Aug 1, 2015

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
Mike Berenstain

thanks God everyday that his dead parents gave him something he could make money pissing all over

• Locked thread