Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

So, I had thought this game had gotten enough buzz that a decent amount of people would be playing. Was I mistaken? Because I picked the game up today and so far I've been in like 5 matches, only 2 have been against dudes in the Carbon tier (against 1 silver and 2 legends) with an average wait time of like 5 minutes per match.

Also holy poo poo it feels like every time I make a bad read my opponent rattles off a 7+ hit combo for a third of my health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Spiritus Nox posted:

So, I had thought this game had gotten enough buzz that a decent amount of people would be playing. Was I mistaken? Because I picked the game up today and so far I've been in like 5 matches, only 2 have been against dudes in the Carbon tier (against 1 silver and 2 legends) with an average wait time of like 5 minutes per match.

Also holy poo poo it feels like every time I make a bad read my opponent rattles off a 7+ hit combo for a third of my health.

The game's been in "alpha" for months. Of course interest would severely drop off with games coming out in Fall and actual SF having playable online. They should've released the game in at least early access on steam by now.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/mar/08/rising-thunder-closing-down-riot-games-acquires-development-team/
RIP Vlad. Too good for this sinful earth.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Zand posted:

it doesn't really matter what they do, anyway, because RT is just a lovely alpha/tech demo of ggpo3 they threw together so they can attract an angel investor, cash out and be done with it.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Welp, that's a pretty good shot call.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if they'll actually make a League of Legends fighting game.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Not gonna lie it makes me fairly upset at how right Zand was about that.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I think it's pretty loving hilarious. Not only was he right he was spot on.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

Pillbug
But guys; they're continuing to work on Stonehearth and--bwahaha wow this exists.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
So was this really not a passion project? I thought the guys behind it would push super hard to keep it going but welp.

RIP Rising Thunder, you had some neat ideas but your characters were boring and I never had a single smooth match.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Yodzilla posted:

So was this really not a passion project? I thought the guys behind it would push super hard to keep it going but welp.

RIP Rising Thunder, you had some neat ideas but your characters were boring and I never had a single smooth match.

The Rising Thunder idea I liked most was the one where you pressed a button to cancel your move and then dash forward immediately at the cost of half your meter

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

rofl

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
I liked the punching robot's voice actor

Bamford Brownstone
Jul 21, 2010
I liked the Greek robot man. He had a special kick that was called Spartan Kick and it was like that movie where the Spartan guy kicked the guy from Spartacus.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Does anyone have that one reddit post where a guy said that in Rising Thunder he was equal to Umehara Daigo thanks to no finger puzzle combos

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

Does anyone have that one reddit post where a guy said that in Rising Thunder he was equal to Umehara Daigo thanks to no finger puzzle combos
daigo never played rising thunder so in a sense he's right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0WetHkYVtw

• Locked thread