Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

one of the cannon bros said they found the bug causing the disconnect issue and it will be patched next week

seems that every time I win I get DCed :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

The Gorp posted:

Yeah I cant connect to poo poo.
Game says its a firewall issue but I disabled the whole thing and tat didn't change anything.

Despite never connecting to a match my record says I'm 3-2 and ranked me up for it.
Anyone else experiencing this?

Issue I was talking about is between matches in a set. Ranked is always best of 3. In the last 10 tries I've had one set go to completion.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

smh, game is supposed to be noob friendly still not as easy to play as P4A. Why do you need more then two buttons anyways?

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

I don't really know how else they could dumb down the genre beyond doing a P4A and add auto combos (with no option for real combos).

I quit playing because after the combos were figured out the lack of depth become really apparent and boring.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

tzz posted:

That's KA's fault though. One button specials by themselves wouldn't be so annoying without it.

Not totally

If someone is coming at you and you want to DP them that means you are letting go of your block. 1 button DP means you can attack and block at the same time with an invincible move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Lavender Philtrum posted:

OK, so, I'm not actually trolling, these are just my actual opinions, let's get that out of the way.

You guys have brought up some good points that have brought me a bit more into favor with the whole combo thing

Even though it's a bit tough to parse I totally see what the fighting game vets are saying about it being too easy or broken in certain ways, however even with those points (the one button DPs and supers, etc) I feel like the "fighting games might just not be for you" thing is BS and I'm glad someone is at least TRYING to make a game that defies conventions and tries to make things more accessible. FPS games didn't stop trying new things after DOOM and there's no reason for the depth of the fighting game genre to stop at Street Fighter and Weird Fast Anime Street Fighter.

I'm sorry it came off that way. I'm happy that someone is trying to make a fighting game that appeals to people who think traditional fighters are to hard. I think that such game a game can exist and does in other games. DOTA pretty much created the ARTS (MOBA) genre and remains the gold standard but there are games that dumb it down (and i don't mean that as an insult) like League of Legends and even more so with Heroes of the Storm.

I was just pointing out the flaws in the way they implemented the game. There is plenty of time to fix it of course. Maybe if you are holding back you lose invincibility on your DP and making blocked DP dash canceled more punishable to discourage just spamming them. Also more characters and backgrounds will help too.

• Locked thread