Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
The game only displays this for me. It's completely unresponsive. I don't know what the problem is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Zand posted:

can you explain to me what this means in laymans terms? i'm not really in to the whole "fighting game" thing.

In other fighting games, special moves and certain combos require a certain amount of dexterity and timing to pull off (you need to do a variety of motions with the joystick to do certain special moves, such as quarter circles, half circles and full circles, and even stranger ones like triangle charge motions, as well as timing them perfectly so they execute within a combo). The best players would be ones with superior hand dexterity who are able to pull off complex motions and button timings consistently with minimal error. Here special moves are all just one button, removing a supposed "execution barrier" separating strong players from the best players.

Cabbagepots fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 1, 2015

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Endorph posted:

this game's one button special system is fine but there's advantages to the inputs from other games too. peace.

What do you feel are some of the advantages of having inputs?

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Shukaro posted:

Skullgirls is real good, actually

for a clown to play, at the circus

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Trollhawke posted:

Hi Kettle, how's your giantess fighting game project coming along?

Why do people say I'm making a giantess fighter as if that's some sort of burn in of itself

"Hey, guess what? [fact that no one is disputing]! Oh man I just POWNED you"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Endorph posted:

it kind of is

Well it could be worse, at least they don't call me the creator of Skullgirls

• Locked thread