Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I did. That was the exception to the "mostly single button presses" thing. However, that then leads into another issue the game has, which is that the scaling is ridiculous.

i think its like pretty close to sf4's rules: it just subtracts 10% per move i think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Pomp posted:

The grappler's SPD barely does any more damage than a basic throw :effort:

pretty sure you can tech it too? or special throws can tech regular throws. talos aa grab can actually tech a ground throw, somehow.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
they should show cooldowns right after you use a move for the first time in a match but hide them otherwise

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
tabs you are the hero we deserve

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
cooldowns dont change, so once someone uses a special move, you are just internalizing the cooldown timer. the only thing not showing the cooldowns does is hide what the persons loadout is until they use it, and there arent even icons that tell you that anyway.

basically, the intent as far as i can tell is to hide what the other person has set up to create sort of a metagame/information baiting situation, but since the special moves are so similar and not very powerful, i dont see this happening.

its supposed to be sort of like how in a card game, lets say hearthstone, you see the guy is a warlock, so you might think its zoolock, or handlock, but you can't assume until they make a couple of actions. but unfortunately this has the side effect of also causing you to play to as many options as possible in most cases, which is a restrained, less action oriented style of play, which makes the game slower.

if they want to go for a metagame heavy thing, they need more varied special moves, and it should still show the cooldowns after you use a move for the first time, same with kinect stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

CaptCommy posted:

Man, I sure am glad they've done nothing but give Edge more options since launch. Because that's what he was always lacking.

actually thats what the game needs because its boring hth

• Locked thread