Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

look at this scrub

all the line cooks in GBS are laughing at you

If you work in a kitchen with room to use a ten inch knife on your board then you work at either a hotel or some kind of faggy mom and pop place that wasn't set up right. Eight inches should be all you get on the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sheep-Goats posted:

If you work in a kitchen with room to use a ten inch knife on your board then you work at either a hotel or some kind of faggy mom and pop place that wasn't set up right.

you're digging yourself in deeper

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

long knives aren't that scary just don't be a retard and handle them with care

spend like 15-30 minutes watching youtube videos of chefs telling you how to use it and you're set for home cooking (which granted you probably don't need 12" for)

its the kind of knife used as a prop in a horror movie where the killer kills people with a big rear end knife

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Sheep-Goats posted:

If you work in a kitchen with room to use a ten inch knife on your board then you work at either a hotel or some kind of faggy mom and pop place that wasn't set up right. Eight inches should be all you get on the line.

If you can't use a 12 inch knife in 8 inches of space your skills are scrub tier.

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You have quite a treasure there...
I cut up parsley and kale with my bowie

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sheep-Goats posted:

Eight inches should be all you get on the line.

lol

probably shouldn't need the chef knife constantly on the line anyway unless your prep is for poo poo

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Bwerrrr my luxurious space :smug:

This is what it should look like

Space is for tables for front of house's fat slobbering loving customers.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sheep-Goats posted:

lol if you think I can't comfortablely use a 12" knife on any of those cutting boards; specifically would be great for that prep table there in the middle where there is plenty of room. if you need to bust out the chef knife on the line constantly your prep sucks

also nice burger shack or whatever the gently caress that is on the bottom hahahahahaha

also most kitchens have a prep area that isn't just the fuckin line you know

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Aug 1, 2015

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Sheep-Goats posted:

Hamburgers and clean aprons. Looks grueling.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hobohemian posted:

Hamburgers and clean aprons. Looks grueling.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
What do people recommend for a moderately high end hot knife setup? Looking at a budget of around $600US.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

lol if you think I can't comfortablely use a 12" knife on any of those cutting boards; specifically would be great for that prep table there in the middle where there is plenty of room. if you need to bust out the chef knife on the line constantly your prep sucks

also nice burger shack or whatever the gently caress that is on the bottom hahahahahaha

Yeah but you said "on the line"

Fight me IRL

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

corpuscollossus posted:

This is badass

that price is atrocious though. $500 for a knife with a hole in it

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

that price is atrocious though. $500 for a knife with a hole in it

it's a sharphole idiot, it makes the knife cut faster

Freestyle
Sep 2, 2014

by R. Guyovich

King of Bees posted:

I'd just recommend a Benchmade.
That's cause you're a goddamn moron.

OP I am one of the people you are trying to incite irrational hatred against, but I'll help you out anyway. Get the old man a spyderco military model, and i guarantee he'll like it so much, you will get a blowjob from your own daddy.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Internetjack posted:

Chicago cutlery makes some nice one piece kitchen knives if that's what you want.

this is not true anymore since they moved production to china. quality of metal and ability to maintain an edge has gone way down

Freestyle
Sep 2, 2014

by R. Guyovich

4outof5 posted:

I ordered a Benchmade Contego because it looked comfortable to use.
You hosed up OP. I mean look at that handle, that is going to get irritating to the hand real fast. Also ugly as your mom's rear end in a top hat. Daddy will lose a lot of respect for his idiot son upon opening this shitastic "gift"

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

Freestyle posted:

You hosed up OP. I mean look at that handle, that is going to get irritating to the hand real fast. Also ugly as your mom's rear end in a top hat. Daddy will lose a lot of respect for his idiot son upon opening this shitastic "gift"

:(

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

don't listen to this guy. a good knife should be uncomfortable in the hand. that way, if you're going to use it, you really have to mean it.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

http://www.microtechknives.com/

Microtech or GTFO

never seen again
Jan 25, 2008
If you want to see real autism check out the sharpening subs.

"I am going to spend $600 on a piece of rock"

naem
May 29, 2011

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
http://bladesmithjeffwhite.net/

i have some of these knives, you can find them on ebay with sheaths

custom made ones pop up often on ebay, and they are all hand made by a dude named jeff and have a cool rustic look

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
ahahaha "I happily paid $1250 for this pocketknife that I will use as a box cutter, some people pay 2300 dollars for this box cutter :smug:"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv52d0gAANM

He also makes sound effects closing the blade at some point in the video.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
There's nothing wrong with nice knives that said a grand on a pocketknife lmao

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Applewhite posted:

Where can I get an authentic balisong a real one not a cheap knockoff.

pinoysteel.com

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
http://kershawguy.com/products-page/kershaw-blems/

just buy anything on this page. If you spend more than $40-50 max on a pocketknife you are dumb.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
good thing you got away from those alpha autistic fuckers having slap fights about knives, OP

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

gaben@valvesoftware.com

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

dad gay. so what posted:

good thing you got away from those alpha autistic fuckers having slap fights about knives, OP

lol

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Moridin920 posted:

loving ... pbvgtb .. ifuot.. rear end in a top hat..

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
Years ago, when I worked 3rd shift at a gas station, one of my regulars was a bouncer. He was only too happy to show me the knife that he found after last call. It was this monsterous black automatic knife with a partially serrated blade. Well, I'd already let him borrow enough cash for the random cigarettes and candy and poo poo he'd bought, so I offered to nix that in exchange for the knife. He didn't bite. So I went out to my car and showed him my baton I'd got from BudK for like $10, and that was what sealed the deal.

I looked it up online, and it turned out to be this. So that's my story of how I traded like $25 worth of crap for a $200 knife with a lifetime warranty.

Obligatory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOaEjJz-6jg

Mooktastical fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Aug 1, 2015

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Sheep-Goats posted:

Yeah but you said "on the line"

Fight me IRL

You need to sharpen your dog.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

That's hosed up.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
wu tang

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb3UobSZl34

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

gently caress your dad, op, I want the best, most expensive knife in the world. who sells these?

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

hahaha I just noticed his shirt

I SAID STAY OUT OF MY loving ROOM MOOMMMMMMM!!!!!!! *chops up drywall with katana*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Lucky Guy posted:

gently caress your dad, op, I want the best, most expensive knife in the world. who sells these?

this one

• Locked thread