Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

I haven't done much research, but Tesla Motors seems to be a scam somewhat akin to Star Citizen. I was going to look at the prices for their cars but there aren't any prices, you just have to pre-order. This leads me to believe they're not a real car company, but rather, a scam. Have you ever seen a Tesla car with your own eyes or known somebody who drives one?

And now Elon Musk says they're gonna release highway autosteer and parallel autopark. They might as well release autopilot for their UFO car.

What are your thoughts on this company and Elon Musk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
uhhh parking assist already exists and its good dumbass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXGGPEa7vEY

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Still pissed I didn't pick up any stock when they listed.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
They start at like 80k I believe. It's a toy for rich people;I hope it is a huge scam and they fleece those idiots for as much as they can get.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

reddit liker posted:

what is the purpose of this though, if you live in a crowded city and don't want to deal with trying to admit where you live and learn to drive accordingly?

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

extra stout posted:

what is the purpose of this though, if you live in a crowded city and don't want to deal with trying to admit where you live and learn to drive accordingly?

parallel parking is hard also gently caress you

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

its a status symbol and not much else hth op

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

OMGVBFLOL posted:

its a status symbol and not much else hth op

the base model goes 0-60 in under 5 1/2 seconds

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

rabble rabble posted:

the base model goes 0-60 in under 5 1/2 seconds

ty for agreeing w me

Beige
Sep 13, 2004
put a wind turbine on the roof and drive forever ??

? ??

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
its the new model t for rich white people

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

were gonna save the world, one millionaire mid-life crisis mobile at a time

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
it doesn't have a listed price because if you have to ask, you can't afford it

Bokito
Jul 25, 2007
Going Ape
They should bring out a smaller B or C segment car instead of yet another expensive barge designed to let rich people suck up government subsidizing around the western world.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
A Tesla car is the only car cool enough to warrant me getting a drivers license.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Bokito posted:

They should bring out a smaller B or C segment car instead of yet another expensive barge designed to let rich people suck up government subsidizing around the western world.

they're gonna

in like 10 years lol

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
Tesla model S is a legitimate competitor to the BMW 5 series and Mercedes E class and i don't know in what kind of impoverished hellhole you live that you don't see them literally every day.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

NihilismNow posted:

Tesla model S is a legitimate competitor to the BMW 5 series and Mercedes E class and i don't know in what kind of impoverished hellhole you live that you don't see them literally every day.

uh you mean 7 series you prole

also the model s has been outselling 7 series and E classes combined lol

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

eSports Chaebol posted:

uh you mean 7 series you prole

also the model s has been outselling 7 series and E classes combined lol

Price and size wise it is closer to a 5 series or a E class, sure the top specs probably attract some S class and 7 series buyers.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

reddit liker posted:

Not on Teslas

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

NihilismNow posted:

rheytr much smaller and shittier inside than either if those cars

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!
I live in Norway and I meet several Tesla's each day on my 2 mile long drive to work.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Chickpea Roar posted:

I live in Norway and I meet several Tesla's each day on my 2 mile long drive to work.

Aren't Tesla's something insane like 10% of all new car sales in Norway?

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
I see one on the road every so often- maybe every two to three months? I live kinda close to the Bay Area so you'd think I'd see them more often, but they seem uncommon.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
they accelerate really fast

Saltin
Aug 20, 2003
Don't touch
See them regularly in Toronto. You can download a $10k firmware update that will tune the car so it does 0-60 in 2.9 seconds. Pretty cool if you have the cash.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ

extra stout posted:

i'd rather machine do parking than a person in general because its not so much me that im worried about ya know hehe

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

Saltin posted:

See them regularly in Toronto. You can download a $10k firmware update that will tune the car so it does 0-60 in 2.9 seconds. Pretty cool if you have the cash.

that's bullshit. firmware updates should be free. has anyone hacked it yet?

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
i feel bad for people who live in places with bad roads who have teslas because those things are like 2 inches off the ground and i cant imagine what going through a ton of snow and ice piles mixed with crazy potholes must feel like in an 80k golf cart

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Saw one a few months ago here in the Great City, Des Moines, Iowa.

I really want one.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Thought Tesla was dead?? Need an update

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Okay my question is answered, these cars are gay

Casio_knight
Jul 26, 2015

JebanyPedal posted:

Thought Tesla was dead?? Need an update

Elon Musk was on a business trip and couldn't find a charging station in time and he died :(

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

BeefThief posted:

Okay my question is answered, these cars are gay

Gay car????

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

JebanyPedal posted:

Gay car????

uh....yes?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

BeefThief posted:

uh....yes?

Didn't know

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

NihilismNow posted:

Aren't Tesla's something insane like 10% of all new car sales in Norway?

2.8% of new cars sold in Norway in 2014 was a model S, which makes it the fifth most sold car. WV Golf had the top spot at 6.7%.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Some rear end hat has one in salt lake. I'm seeing more volts lately

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

They're amazing tbf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
I was thinking about getting one. Have you seen the videos of the p85d ludicrous mode (what a dumb name)? 0-60 in 2.8 seconds. Right now I drive a 2003 Acura TL 3.2 so it would be a huge difference.

• Locked thread