Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
megane
Jun 20, 2008

"Good morning, campers; time to get up! Everybody up!" Miss Langford's faux-cheery voice -- she's got that grating sing-songy quality just right, the woman must practice in a mirror -- hauls you awake. Taking the initiative, she clomps through the room in her heavy combat boots and whips open the window with a flourish, filling your weary eyes with unwanted sunlight. It's gotta be barely past dawn. "Today's scavenger hunt day, ladies; you don't want to be late, now do you?"

While she hovers, waiting to see that you've all started moving, she consults a green sheet on her ubiquitous clipboard: "Prince annnd... Black?" She scans the room for a second, trying to place the name, but gives up and just focuses her gaze on Jewel. "Please come see me once you've gotten dressed, okay? I'll be by the fire ring." She raises her voice again. "Thirty minutes, ladies! Don't be the last one there!"

Everybody, not like it's up to you, but who are you hoping to get partnered with for the scavenger hunt? Somebody cute, perhaps? Or do you have purely strategic intentions in mind?

Kailey, Geri Swanson strides across from the other room, carrying a shower caddy stuffed with hair products and apparently intent on using a shower on your half of the cabin. She arches an eyebrow as she walks by your bed. Why's she over on your side?

Samantha, you're pretty sure you know why Rosie's on your case, but why Jewel? Are you going to follow up on your little confession to her? When you look around, you notice that something of yours has gone missing -- what is it?

Judy, a few moments after the counselor's out of earshot you hear a gentle but insistent tapping at the window. Which member of the Gang's come to talk to you? And what's got them so worked up this early in the morning? Are you really the one they should be talking to?

Torli, when'd you finally get to sleep anyways? What kept you up so late last night, and who noticed you coming in after curfew? Think you can get away with just giving the counselors the finger and going back to sleep? Did something seem off to you about Rosie?

Sky, Bethany's in the common room, carrying a steaming pot full of what you've learned is called "coffee." Glancing around, she pulls out a silver flask and adds quite a lot of some clear liquid. She notices you looking and raises the pot towards you: want some?

Jewel, you've learned to worry when the bad dreams start, but luckily last night's was a pretty good one. Who'd you dream about, and what was strange about it? Are you nervous to hear that Miss Langford wants to talk to you?

Esther, what have you been putting off for far too long? Is today the day? What do you remember about last year's scavenger hunt? Something went a little awry, didn't it? What kind of outfit are you going to wear today -- and why?

String Sheet
NPCs
Cabin & Bunk Layout
OOC Thread

Please link to your character sheets at the top of your posts and try not to die!

:gooncamp:

megane fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Aug 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Hot 0 Cold -1 Volatile 1 Dark 1
Harm 0/4 Experience 0+1/5 Conditions:
Moves mimicked:

The dawn light is streaming through the windows of the cabin the humans grumble at being woken up like this but I am grateful to boss Rosie I do not think it is good to hide from the daylight so that your brain does not know when the day begins. And they are going to have a scavenger hunt that is my favourite thing to do I am so very excited! I leap from my bunk and land neatly on my feet making no sound at all that is something I am very proud of because humans make so much noise when they walk!

I take a look around our room as everybody else groans and struggles to come to terms with being awake then I peer through the door to the middle room. I see Bethany in there she offers me some of her coffee with alcohol but I just smile and her and say "I am ok thank you I should 'keep my head in the game' I think!" Coffee tastes intriguing like ashes and nuts but it makes me feel like my brain is being stretched and alcohol is fun for evenings when everybody is happy and excited but it makes my head fuzzy and my body clumsy and I want to be at my optimum for the hunt.

I use the shower machine as quickly as possible I do not like getting wet but Jay says humans are expected to wash. At least an advantage of getting up quickly is that I can avoid the 'queue' that will form in a few minutes. I use my time in the shower to think about the scavenger hunt it will be carried out in pairs I do not mind even though I know I would be faster alone because it will be nice to share my enjoyment with somebody else. Having said that I would still like to win and I think the best 'team mate' I could have with that in mind would be Kailey because she is clever and seems to enjoy being in the woods. But maybe it would be best if I joined Samantha because it would not be very fun for her if she was on a team with someone who ignored her like most people seem to?

The humans sometimes say that when you think about a person you are more likely to encounter them which is of course just due to a bias in their thinking but when I leave the shower in my undergarments sure enough the first person I see is Samantha who appears to be looking around for something has she lost one of her possessions? I put my hand on her shoulder and say to her "Hey Sam are you looking for something can I help? I am good at finding things."

Turn On Sam: 2d6 9
String/promise/self. Experience for Hot.

Edited link to character sheet under name graphic.

Gato fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Aug 1, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Hot: +1, Cold: -1, Volatile: +1, Dark: +0, Integrity: +0
Harm: 0/4, XP: 1/5, Conditions:

Finally! I had snuck out onto the lake at night! It felt a little naughty, but, that was okay. It was thrilling. Night swimming was always interesting, like, dipping into an abyss and just curling up - where no one and nothing can find you.

The crickets sang and the fireflies lit a path for me. It felt magical, really, as I stepped down to the shore. The only thing that would have made it better is if someone was there to share it with me.

"Hey." Said Samantha from behind me. This time she didn't scare me, and as her arms wrapped around me I knew why and I fell back into her embrace. We had agreed to meet here, right? Here where she had confessed her love to me.

"You wanna go skinny dipping?" She asked me as she peppered my neck with kisses and I playfully wiggled in her embrace. So bold, she was, once I got to know her.

"Okay." I smiled, keeping my eyes off of her for the moment. She let go and I could hear her undressing behind me. I undressed too, nervous, but thrilled, too. This was perfect, really. Someone loved me and would keep me safe. This was someone I could give myself to. I smiled, happily.

"Okay, turn around." She said tantalizingly, almost like she was reading my thoughts. I started to, slowly...

...And then I woke up to the sound of Miss Langford waking up the cabin. I stifled a frustrated groan into my pillow. That dream was almost too nice! Luckily since it seemed like Miss Langford was waking everyone up at once, no one noticed the fact I was blushing as I pulled up the covers for a few seconds and took a few deep breaths to calm myself.

Rubbing the sleep from my eyes with one hand I pulled the covers back down and sat up as Miss Langford asked me and Samantha to meet her at the fire pit when we were dressed and ready. I blinked. That...that had been a dream, right? Like, nothing had happened. Ugh, and with Sam, of course it was - I couldn't lie, her confession had been weighing on my mind some - I mean, things had been strained since then. But, I felt like, maybe that was my fault for not reciprocating right away? I guess I was nervous around her. Maybe that's why I had that dream! I bit my lip, but nodded at Miss Langford's request. "Okay Miss Langford, I'll be right down." I guess anyone partnering with me would be fine. It was still early, right? They wouldn't show up yet, that dream was way too good to be one of Theirs'.

I swung my legs around and stood up, careful not to bang my head on Kailey's bunk, and started to gather my shower stuff - a towel and some soap - it wasn't a shampoo day or anything. And I guess a t-shirt and some camo shorts, for today. I wasn't about to parade myself around in a towel so I tended to dry off and get dressed in the shower stall - it took some doing but I could generally position things so my clothes for the day didn't get wet.

I guess I wasn't really nervous about Miss Langford asking to see me, but I didn't know why she had asked to see Sam, too, which was confusing. We hadn't like, done anything. I guess she surprised me at the lake the once but it's not like we had done anything, so maybe it was unrelated. Still, I gave Sam a nervous smile as I walked over to a shower stall to claim one before anyone else got to. I didn't want to be late!

Accidentally turning on Samantha

<LifeGetsWorser> accidental turn on!
<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 6+1 = 7
<LifeGetsWorser> woo

Sam, choose self/string/or a promise! I will take an xp for rolling hot

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Aug 1, 2015

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: -1, Cold: -1, Volatile 1, Dark: 2
Harm: 0/4, XP: 0/5, Conditions: Uppity

Ugh, I hate mornings. How can anyone be this loving cheerful this early on a morning I don't know I swear . And now dozy Rosie wants to see me. What the hell she wants I don't know and don't care but I suppose I better go find out. Maybe she's finally remembered how long I've been stuck in this hell hole and got me a ride out of here. In a way that would be a shame when i've finally met someone worth noticing. Jewel I think her name is and she is precious. I just wish I could put my arms around her and hold her close. She's always flinching away from things and she's really cute when she does it but it's almost like I want to protect her from the world. I probably shouldn't have blabbed out that I liked her but ok I was nervous and at least there was no one around to overhear us right?

Oh god she's smiling at me, Does she realise how adorable she looks when she smiles. She normally looks so grim and unhappy. But when a smile lights up her face.... she looks like a different person. Maybe I can find something to cheer her up it'd give me an excuse to spend more time with her and maybe she'd remember me then.

giving Jewel a string

Now where did I put my pendant. I could've sworn I'd took it off and put in my swim bag yesterday when we went for that swim in the lake. I ended up emptying the contents out on the bed. But it wasn't there. Aww crap. That was a family heirloom that belonged to my Grandma, it's not worth a lot but it's the only thing I have left to remember her by since she died. I had to find it. Could I have dropped it out by the lake? or had someone taken it out of my bag. If they had I was going to kill them. They'll be loving dogmeat.

Then someone tapped me on the shoulder.

Hold Steady
[21:48] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[21:48] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 5-1 = 4

I jumped out of my skin and spun round. "Jesus loving Christ." I blurted out. Oh, it's Skye parading around in her underwear again. I swear that girl has no sense of modesty. She does like kind of cute though.... drat I've been stuck here for too long all the girls are starting to look attractive now.

giving Sky a string

21:54] Ferrosol Icebreaker time
[21:54] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[21:54] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 6+2 = 8
Choosing: What do you intend to do? Both of you get to answer the question. and marking xp for rolling dark

After an awkward pause that seemed to run on a little too long. "I've lost a silver pendant belonging to me. It should've been in my bag and now I can't find it. I'm going to skip showering and head out to the lake and see if I lost it out there." I babbled out. "So what do you intend to do for the rest of the morning?" I asked genuinely curious. Sky does act a bit odd at times after all but she seems nice enough otherwise.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Hot -1, Cold 2, Volatile -1, Dark 1
Harm: 0/4 XP: 0/5 Conditions:

Jesus, the scavenger hunt. Forgot it was happening, didn't know it would happen this early, in conclusion screw this.

Fine. I pull myself out, listening to Langford -- i'm incompetent & should not have administrative duties or be expected to maintain any kind of order, it's six am but sleep is for weaklings, etc. -- and, apparently, Jewel is being called out, which is... weird. Not in keeping with what I know of her, at least -- unless it's some kind of administrative issue, and not a punishment, which in retrospect seems likelier. Alright. Still potentially leaving me high and dry for a tolerable partner, which, y'know. Doesn't exactly put me in a good mood. I grab my usual gear -- beaten-up multi-purpose boots, reversible raincoat, well-worn flannel, pants, towel, shampoo and hat -- and head into one of the free showers so I can skip the inevitable line, dodging around Sky as she, apparently, finishes hers (fast, and still in her underwear -- geez). Crank the hot and cold knobs and work out the knot in my back and wait...

The scavenger hunt isn't all bad. Or at least it wasn't -- last year, when it was still a free-for-all instead of a team sport, and I was the one with a built-in partner. But, somehow, some guy got his pinky stuck inside one of those old rock walls they have in the woods after reaching for something. They shuttled him down to the nearest hospital, and he never came back; a few people say he lost the finger, either to the slow cutting edge of the rock or amputation, although they always say things like that, so who knows. I went down to where they found him a while back and saw a little patch of discolored, stained rock, but that's inconclusive. Now we need physical partners as spotters, I guess, and that might've meant Jewel -- although I have no reason to believe we'd be partnered. So I don't know why this matters unless I'm actively trying to ensure we're partnered, and I have no idea whether I should be doing that. So...

...I'm probably reaching for something to think about, because I still haven't confronted Anila about anything sick me said since she's a stoic, but in retrospect that is not nearly enough insurance against being followed to Chicken House, and if I'm found out that introduces a hell of a lot of unpleasant variables to my simple and admittedly not-intolerable camp life, which means that I should absolutely have this conversation except... drat it, no reason. Alright.

Resolution: If Jewel's not around, I'll try to get assigned as Anila's partner, and once we've secured a covert position, I'll finally flat-out ask whether I said anything "strange" while I was sick... probably shouldn't look like a tree hermit if I want to seem plausible. I've got an ancient button-down and a pair of jeans that haven't been ruined yet, and I can lose the hat, too... although if I have to go into the woods, my unworn sneakers will play hob with my feet and probably let in mud. Keep the boots, then.

Also, I should figure out whether this is completely moot. I close my eyes and turn the knob so the water's cool. "You're up, right?" Then I focus and breathe in through my nose, and am rewarded with the loam-electric-pavement-pine smell of rainstorms. Better keep my voice low... "I know you haven't been tailing Jewel, or anything, but you get around -- any idea what Langford wants with her?"

<MetalForehead> gazing into the showerhead
<MetalForehead> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> MetalForehead, 9+1 = 10
Visions are lucid and detailed and show me what I must do.

edit: Nameplate contains character sheet link.

Poltergrift fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Aug 1, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hot: +2 Cold: -1 Vol: -1 Dark: +1
Harm: 0/4 XP: 1/5 Conditions:

You know, if I was one of the counselors, I'd let the campers sleep in until noon so I got to, too. Idiots.

Sweeping my arms up and yawning for what feels like minutes, I blink my eyes a few time against the glare of the morning sun. This place's similarities to prison are stacking up - the room smells like too many people and feet, we've got these wakeups, chow is terrible... mumbling about constructing some sort of tunnel to freedom, I kick the blankets off me with an indignity that only the half-asleep can muster. Scratching the back of my head a few times, maybe fixing my bedhead and maybe making it worse, I look to make sure Jewel's not in the midst of getting out of her bunk, and upon seeing she's not hop from my bed to the ground.

Yawning again, it looks like a lot of people are already racing to the showers. Ughh. I guess I need to wait on them and we've only got thirty minutes until the scavenger hunt. Caring about who wins is really dumb, but the idea of messing the game up is appealing. So is wandering along with Emma in the woods...

While I daydream (I'm asleep enough that it practically counts as regular dreaming) about Emma, Geri enters the scene and seems to be all about using our showers. Bullshit, we've got enough people waiting here! "Dibs on next shower!" I announce to the room, following it with a smug "and good morning fellow campers!" Predictably enough Geri looks offended by this - no doubt she feels like she deserved it - so I prance over to her, having looted my towel and a change of clothes from the cubby with my stuff in it in the meanwhile.

"Geri, I think one of the counselors were saying since your side takes long showers, one or two of you could go use theirs." That's gotta sound appealing and isn't at all a totally transparent way to make her miss her shower, stop interfering in mine, and teach her a lesson about gullibility, right?

<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 5+2 = 7

Marking xp. What's Geri need to believe that?

Rauri fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Aug 1, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm 0/4 Experience 0+1/5 Conditions:
Moves mimicked: + Icebreaker

Well Samantha is certainly talkative today maybe she is a little rattled I suppose it might have been rather surprising to have someone touch you so early in the morning. Still I am glad she started a conversation I was starting to wonder if the silence was 'awkward' humans are obsessed with not being 'awkward' and apparently silence in conversation is a reliable marker of this particular social status.

Mimic (Uppity) Sam: 2d6+2 8
Sky will remember that.

"I did not have any particular intentions this morning I was looking forward to the scavenger hunt I know that seems strange but I really enjoy looking for hidden things! So I would be happy to go to the lake with you if you would like assistance finding your pendant." I realise that I am still in my undergarments which has a number of connotations for humans none of which I particularly want to be associated with right now! "But first I should probably put some clothes on yes?"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot +0 | Cold -1 | Volatile +1 | Dark +1
Harm: 0/4 | Experience: 0/5 | Gang: 6/6 | Conditions: None

I sit up with a start as Rosie's voice bursts through my eardrums, one jolting for under my pillow before I fully take in the situation and relax. A scavenger hunt? That sounds like trouble. I slowly stand up, rubbing my eyes blearily as I do, and glance around the cabin. We don't get to pick, but if we did, I'd try to get Sam or Torli, I think. Pretty sure Torli doesn't like me, but if someone tries to come after me in the woods, even she'd try to help, right? Right.

Before I can do much more thought on this, I see Rachel tapping urgently at the window. She looks concerned, but she's dressed and composed, so its not like she's being chased by anyone or anything, so I head towards the door, throwing on a bathrobe over my pajamas and step outside to talk to her. Just to be sure though, I glance down at my coin before I step outside, and the face I can see in the shadows is Rachel's still, no ambush. Not immediately anyway. I make sure to slip it away before I get outside though, and walk over to her.

"Hey." I start to stretch my hand out for our traditional greeting, hesitate, start to let it drop, see her starting for it, then falter as well, and finally after quick bout of mutual hesitation, we go for it. "What's up Rache?" She glances around self consciously, peers in through the window, then blurts out her answer. "Jewel."

I blink at her, fairly stumped, until she explains. And I can safely say, whatever I'd been expecting, it wasn't this. She's into Jewel -not really to my tastes, but, alright, I guess I could see why- and wants my help hooking her up. Which also is probably not the best choice? I mean, I don't really know her, and uh... Hooking people up isn't my strong point. More like.... leaving people alone so they can try without me ruining everything, but I promise her I'll try.

"Look Rache, counselor Rosie just asked her and Sam to meet her by the firepit in half an hour, so you can try to snag a talk with her on the way down? I'll try to put in a good word for you between now and then too, but I can't promise it'll do any good?" We share a few more words, then another Gang of E-Seven handshake and I head back inside, glancing around for Jewel. I don't see her, so she must be in the showers.

I probably wouldn't have agreed to this normally, but a part of me is really relieved she isn't worried about an attack from someone else during the scavenger hunt, or anything like that. Maybe I'm the only one actually freaking out about this, and everyone else trusts each other? Is it just me? Am I the only one who thinks our friendship is this shallow?

I slip into the bathroom, and walk up to the shower Jewel is in and rap on the warped plasti-glass door. "Hey Jewel?" Man, what the hell am I even going to say?

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm: 0/4, XP: 2/5, Conditions:

Ok, there wasn't a lot of hot water but I still kind of let myself soap up slowly, cuz I wanted to enjoy it, but all of a sudden there was a rapping at the door and I sputtered, almost jumped really, and tried to make sure my hair didn't get wet.

"O...oh I'm just going to be a minute I promise!" I call back to whoever was calling for me. Was that Judy? She and I never really talked about anything I hope she wasn't mad I jumped in the shower before her. "Sorry if you wanted to get in Judy, I won't use all the hot water!" Oh gosh I hope I wasn't being rude about this should I hurry up?

<LifeGetsWorser> aw what the hell
<LifeGetsWorser> accidental shut down on Judy
<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 7-1 = 6
<LifeGetsWorser> yup

Well that didn't work. Marking xp for cold (though refluffing it as a hold steady)

Yes! First impressions are everything I didn't want to leave Judy out in the cold. I hurried it up, and quickly tried to make sure that I was rinsed off. I turned off the water and grabbed a towel and started drying myself. "It'll just be a second I promise!"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Harm: 0/4 | Experience: 1/5 | Gang: 6/6 | Conditions: None

"Wait, no, you don't have to stop!" Ugh, now I probably pissed her off, dammit that isn't a good start. I mouth a silent apology to Rachel before continuing. "Finish your shower, I just wanted to talk." I lean against the wall, can we even hold a conversation while the water is running? Might as well try, not having to look her directly in the face while I try to hook her up with Rachel should help my massive embarrassment a lot.

"Do you remember my friend Rachel? She's been over here a couple times, she's short, got a cute freckled face and long red hair?" I have no idea how to try and hook someone up. Maybe I should just be super blunt about this. "Anyway, she's a really cool person, super sweet, and she asked me to try to hook you two up. I have no idea how to do that though, so I'm just telling you. Would you try giving it a shot? Just like, hanging out, during the scavenger hunt or something? Even if you don't like like her, I bet you two could be friends."

While I talk, I start to undress for the shower, first hanging up my robe, then starting to remove my pajamas while I wait for her to either go back to her shower or finish up. Though she probably can't see any details, it might be an accidentally exciting show, at least while I'm talking about setting her up with a cute girl.

5:16:56 PM godfish turn on Jewel
5:16:59 PM godfish !r 2d6
5:17:00 PM LifeGetsWorser D:::::
5:17:00 PM Krysmbot godfish, 6 = 6
5:17:07 PM godfish oh nooo :(
5:17:09 PM LifeGetsWorser Jewel is unphased
5:17:12 PM godfish sorry Rachel :(
marking exp for Hot

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: -1, Cold: -1, Volatile 1, Dark: 2x
Harm: 0/4, XP: 1/5, Conditions: Uppity

"That is usually a good idea before going outside." I replied gravely. I know I shouldn't talk about anyone else but Sky is one of the weirdest girls I've ever met. She seems to not have a clue half the time I'd almost think she was retarded or autistic or something but then she'll come out with something really insightful and I'd start to wonder if it was some sort of practical joke that I didn't get. Still at least she seemed to be paying attention to me? That's always a good sign. I'm not really the friendly type. But for someone who's actually able to see me reliably I might be willing to make the effort.

"Excuse me a minute" I said as I brushed past her "I just need to get some clothes from under my bed." Strangely enough no one had wanted to share my bunk. Not that I was complaining mind you. At least it meant the snoring was somewhat diminished and there was more room under the bed for me to keep my stuff.

Some it had gone right to the back of the bunk and I had to bend down to reach not realising as I did that I was wriggling my rear end in the general direction of Sky.

[01:50] Ferrosol turn on Sky
[01:50] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[01:50] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 7-1 = 6
welp marking Xp at least

Still I pulled out a pair of shorts and a t-shirt that wasn't too creased. I was going to have to see if I could creep into the counsellors hut at some point and do some washing I'd only brought enough clothes for a couple weeks and by now i'd almost run through them all. Still these would do for now. I would've preferred my usual jeans and hoodie but in this weather I'd be dead of heatstroke in minutes. So it looked like I'd have to show off my scrawny limbs. I wish I weren't so tall. I mean I'm not a freak of nature like Torli but I'm still tall enough that finding clothes that fit is a pain. Still I guess the one upside I had was that no one would even remember how I dressed anyway. So I was probably worrying too much.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hot 1 Cold 0 Volatile 1 Dark -1
Harm 0/4 XP 1/5 Conditions: X-Rated Interests

It's rough getting up so early but that's what I get for staying up so late. Still, Kailey was up to something and I wasn't going to let myself get blindsided again. She was skulking around the boy's cabin. I didn't get a good look at what she was doing because i didn't want to be seen around there so I'm not sure what she did. But it didn't involve me so I guess it didn't confront me none. And if I was caught I could just rat her out. Otherwise I try not to break any rules I don't have to. Why give myself headaches I don't need? Not unless it was for something good. What are they going to do except give me gruff?

The scavenger hunt is whatever. As long as I don't get stuck with Ayumi. She's just going to want me to find everything and then gush all over me or some goonish poo poo. As long as they pull their weight. Not that the contest really is for anything. But it's fun to succeed.

I shuffle into the shower along with some other girls. Sharing showers is the actual worst. Judy harassing someone in a stall just complete the image of a prison shower. "Hey pervo stop trying to peek on people." I whip my towel at her butt to drive the point home.

Lash out physically 7Judy may have a string on Torli

quote:

Look: stilted, averted eyes
orgin: newly social

Moves:

Nap Fan
As soon as you fall asleep somewhere,
choose two below for the MC to detail.
The MC will tell you when you wake
up, and then tell you the details.
SS something has been left for you,
SS someone unexpected is nearby,
SS someone's been trying to
contact you,
SS something happened at home,
SS something has been canceled,
SS something has been broken,
SS you had a nice dream.

Precarious
(If you pick this, read it aloud.)
When someone gives you a gift or
another chance, give them a String.

Last One Picked
When someone special overlooks
you, choose:
SS publicize it and give them
a Condition,
SS let them see you crying and
take a String on them.

Sex Move
When you scream out someone's name
during sex, gain a String on them.

Darkest Self
You feel... you feel like a monster.
What kind of monster do you feel
like? A werewolf, a vampire, a ghost,
a queen... it can be anything you can
think of. Tell the MC, and they'll hand
you that Skin or the closest thing to
it. It can be different each time. Read
their Darkest Self: you are drowning
in metaphor. Choking on it. Your body
isn't supernatural, but you're gonna
take it right to the line. You become
that Darkest Self.

Backstory
You live next to someone; your
bedroom windows face. Choose:
SS you watch them through the
blinds and they've noticed, each
gain 1 String on one another;
SS you leave your blinds up while
you change, each gain 2 Strings
on one another.
You made out with someone a while
ago. Gain a String on them and give
them 2 Strings on you.

Advances:

Nectur of the Gods: sharing a drink may count as first aid. When drinking you may replace a condition with Drunk.

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Sep 7, 2015

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Jewel, in your hurry to show off how polite you are, you get a bit ahead of yourself and practically fall out of the shower -- nearly tripping right into poor Judy! Take the condition Klutzy.

Judy, as if the stinging pain from Torli's vicious towel snap wasn't bad enough, she's drawn everyone's attention to you, just as Jewel rushes out looking flustered... from their perspective it must look like you were basically stripping for her benefit. Wonderful! There are more than a few nasty glances and giggles at your expense. You gonna let her get away with that? Take the condition Pervo.

Kailey, Geri stops with one hand on the bathroom door and gives you a quizzical look over her glasses. She considers for a second, then says, "Oh, yes -- Maddie just takes hours in the shower. What she's doing in there I have no idea. So I just thought... hm. They really said I could use their showers? I mean, I guess they're all already up anyway..." She shifts the basket of shower stuff between her hands, then decides and moves to the door. "I'll probably be late walking that far though. You'll cover for me, won't you babe?" She'll go if you promise out loud so other people can hear it. As she backs out the door, Sam's awkward little pseudo-twerk catches her attention and she responds with a disdainful eye-roll. "loving weirdos," she mutters under her breath. Sam, Geri takes a String on you.

Esther, the cold water bites at your skin for a moment, but then pours into your body as if you weren't there -- you can feel the droplets flowing right through your heart. She speaks, impossibly close, whispering loud in the pulsing roar of the water. She's paid little attention to the prized one, she admits, but hesitantly reveals that a few days ago the girl saw the cursed one, the one called Sam, confess her love to the prized one in a hidden place. The girl watched and listened and saw. Perhaps their meeting drew the counselor's eye? The girl ponders: what it would be like if the girl were to take your place and you hers? Yes... she would make sure that the cursed one knew her place.

+1 forward to keeping Sam and Jewel apart.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harm: 0/4 XP: 1/5 Conditions:

"Oh yeah, absolutely I will!" I lie to Geri happily, waving her a pleasant goodbye and everything. By the time she's there, she'll have figured that the whole thing was her idea, maybe that a counselor had told her instead of me. One of the benefits of being best buds with The Coyote! And the other girls are too busy clowncar-ing into the showers to have heard her, so doubt they'll remember either.

Since I can't get into the shower until everyone else gets out - only Sam had the decency to respect my dibs, good for her - I'm just gonna go make them being in the showers really uncomfortable. Striding into the bathroom area, still holding my things, it looks like there's some pretty amusing (and hot) physical comedy going on. Torli's wielding a towel like a bullwhip, that's an unexpected development for today. Not harassing her about breaching dibs etiquette, that's for sure.

Suddenly Jewel comes tumbling on out of the showers. "Hahahaha, nice save Jewel!" Giving her a giant thumbs-up as she nearly spills her rear end all over the floor, just about knocking Judy over to boot, I'm glad she's not hurt and that she's all covered in water and naked and oh my. Smug grin on, I playfully add "but I'm kinda hurt you didn't tumble into me, I'm totally softer and more huggable than Judy." I do a cute shimmy in my pajamas to prove my point to the both of them. I'm the cute awesome lesbian here, not Judy!

<Rauri> Turn on Jewel
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 10+3 = 13
String Get.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm: 0/4, XP: 2/5, Conditions: Klutzy

Oh gosh I barely even had my towel on as I slipped out of the shower and into Judy...who had already started taking all of her clothes off! What's the big idea with that, anyway!?

I mean, I know she said something about "hooking me up" with her friend Rachel. I mean I guess she seemed nice enough but I wasn't exactly looking for uhm, well, a "hook up". Either way, I kind of slammed into Judy and I was really embarrassed about that.

"OhmygodIamsosorry!" I squeaked, trying to keep myself decent. Oh gosh there was Kailey cracking jokes as always. She was bright, but she had like, no sense of propriety. And she's kind of wiggling her hips. Was that for me, too? What was with everybody today? Did everybody have weird dreams? Was this another one of Their tactics that I didn't know about?

I blush a deep crimson as I finally finish wrapping the towel around myself. I reached behind me and picked my clothes out of the shower area, my eyes wide. I was so embarrassed.

"Uhm...uhm sure Judy I'll talk to Rachel." I wasn't going to like, do anything, but I needed to say something and get out of this madhouse, right? "Just...uh...I gotta go get dressed." Normally I would've done that before leaving the flimsy door of the shower but I guess that wasn't in the cards today. I bite my lip and try to scoot past Kailey doing her thing. It wasn't really a matter of getting out of here unseen, since, you know, everyone had seen way more than they were supposed to (which like I said was way embarrassing anyway), it was just a matter of getting out of the situation and to where I could get dressed in peace for a second. Unfortunately given that Kailey was practically blocking the door with her hip thrusts, I kind of needed to squeeze past her to get by. I tried not to touch her with...uhm, anything...but it was probably impossible not to!

<LifeGetsWorser> time to make a bigger disaster of Jewel's life
<LifeGetsWorser> Run away!
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 6+1 = 7
<LifeGetsWorser> phew

Let's cause a big scene (I mean, I already have, but whatever) on my way out.

<LifeGetsWorser> oh I suppose I should do this, too
<LifeGetsWorser> Turn on kailey
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 7+1 = 8

Self/String/Promise from Kailey!

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Hot -1 | Cold 2 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions:

I shudder, and blink the water out of my psyche back onto the stall floor. Sam and Jewel? ("The prized one"? What? I guess she's got better standards than most people, so I value her company and character... well, maybe that is accurate.) I've barely interacted with Sam, although apparently the girl from Bunk C considers her "cursed" instead of just a nonentity, which is... well, I have questions. More importantly, though, I'm not sure how comfortable I am with this whole situation, since -- well, how would you react if your jittery camp friend was in close proximity to someone who is, apparently, cursed?

(Now that I think about it, I know nothing about her.)

On the other hand, I'm aware of the strain of paranoia in the girl's personality. So I've got two possible tasks for today, both of which will require the same level of presentability: either deal with Anila and the whole information leak issue, which may or may not be a credible threat, or find a moment alone with Sam and try to figure out whether she's just a little odd or a credible threat herself, in which case... I don't entirely know.

...in fact, there's three things I can accomplish today, now that my shower's mostly finished (I multitask and shampoo while working this out). This is the stall with the loose brick. Plan A: I'm legitimately getting my nicer clothes in here, so when I bring them back into the stall to change, I'll stuff the camera inside an article of clothing and leave everyone none the wiser. Girding my loins and wearing my towel wrapped closely around whatever figure I can be said to possess, I open the door to find oh what the hell is this what happens when I stop paying attention for three seconds.

Kailey -- how can someone named after rain be this... this? -- in the doorway, and Jewel just finishing struggling past her, and, okay, if I'm going to be friends with this girl I should probably be acting on her behalf even if the other one is her pseudofriend and frankly a little unnerving and has dirt on me et al. "Shower's open once I'm changed, Kailey, if you're finished with... whatever it is you're accomplishing over there." Then I slide past, en route to my change of clothes, without much discomfort -- I've got a pretty narrow frame, after all.

<MetalForehead> shutting down kailey
<MetalForehead> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> MetalForehead, 7+2=9

Trading conditions. Handing out "gratuitous," and marking XP for Cold.

Poltergrift fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Aug 2, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harm: 0/4 XP: 1/5 Conditions: Gratuitous

As Jewel tries to slide past me, I certainly do my best to let her through. I don't, say, pretty much hip check her, totally fake my hands "accidentally" getting a little wandery - I get her in a hug for a second and manage to almost grab her butt - or anything of that nature. "Ohh, whoops!" She feels nice. It's hardly possible for my grin to get any wider, but I manage it. "Super sorry Jewel."

I'm not sorry it was all on purpose bwahahahaha.

Giving self but Jewel flees :( If you feel that being groped by Kailey in front a few other people counts as "public embarrassment" Fox and Crane activates.

Still she departs, leaving me with Esther, who (I believe) is trying to make fun of me? It's very feeble. "Thanks a bunch for the shower Ester!" I offer initially, the bait before the switch. "It's nice of you to try and make things up to me, maybe this'll help your Karma. I'll try not to set it on fire. Since that's a thing I do, right?" To be honest, the only reason I didn't get her back for that was because I thought it was pretty clever. Or at least, it's something I'd do and I gotta admire when someone else is bright enough to pull a Kailey. Still, not letting her think she can get away with harassing me. That was a freebie earlier. I don't get grabby with her when she passes by.

Returning Bad Karma to Ester.

Plus side, the shower's open now! Putting my change of clothes away for now, I strip out of my pajams - liberating but the room is moist, a mixed bad - and then stride into the showers. I do some of my best thinking here, and here's all I can think about as the warm water washes over me and ahhhhhhhhh. What can I do to make today more fun? For me, anyways? Maybe induce a little chaos at Echo Lake?

<Rauri> Gaze into the abyss
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 10+1 = 11
Clear and lucid + show me what to do, granting 1 forward.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Aug 2, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Kailey's hands are pretty much all over me as I slide by, though she's my friend so it's got to be an accident (right?) it's still mortifying!

Yeah I'd say Fox and Crane activates so go ahead and give a condition Kailey, I'll take a string

Why was everyone acting like this? First Samantha at the lake (which I was beginning to think that somehow that was what the counselor wanted to talk about definitely!), and now Judy and her friend Rachel and Kailey!? Samantha at least said she loved me which was like, way too soon and premature but at least was an explanation but everyone else was just being...perverted!

I hurriedly put my clothes on under my towel in the main room since it was mostly empty - but I still kept my eyes shut as I was doing so - I didn't want to suffer any further embarrassment. Still, that let me put my undies, shorts, and bra on, but there was no way I could get the t-shirt on over the towel, which meant everyone in the main room got to see me in my bra...which was also super embarrassing, ugh! There was Samantha...and that Sky girl, who was really strange - and who knew I had my dagger! I hope she wasn't staring at me again!

"I'm so so sorry guys!" I squeaked frantically at both Samantha and Sky as I went to put my t-shirt on, still completely frazzled. This was a bad start to the day!

<LifeGetsWorser> let's see, if Sky and Samantha are in there, I will do a roll for Sky, already got Samantha this scene
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 10+1 = 11
<LifeGetsWorser> dammit, already got a string

That was a turn on, by the way.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Aug 2, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm 0/4 Experience 1/5 Conditions:
Moves mimicked: Icebreaker

I smile brightly at Samantha before I turn back to my bunk to find some clothes though I catch sight of her wiggling her rear end in the corner of my eye she looks so silly! She has still not answered my question about whether she wants assistance so I will assume the answer is no but that it would be 'awkward' to tell me out loud such a silly preoccupation. Anyway it does not matter I hope she finds what she is looking for. I rummage through the big bag with my things in it for some clothes I take out a light shirt with feathers and a human skull on it Jay wanted to alter the decoration but Crow liked it so much I did not want to disappoint him a pair of what are unimaginatively called shorts and a jacket so that I have lots of pockets.

I am just looking for my footwear when Jewel dashes past it seems there has been some kind of commotion in the shower room I would love to find out what but it would seem strange if I went in there when I had already washed this morning. She starts changing under her towel which is very skillful I know I am not meant to look at people when they do not have many clothes on but it is fascinating to watch the muscles in her bare shoulders move. She apologises and for a moment I wonder if I should not say anything but I do not want to leave somebody feeling bad when there is nothing really to apologise for.

"It is ok Jewel you should not blame yourself for others' poor self-control I feel bad now because I am not good at averting my eyes when there is something interesting to see!"
Icebreaker: 2d6+1 8
What are you ashamed of?

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

I am pulling the shirt over my head when Sky speaks, and I kind of stumble over my response as I open my eyes and adjust the lime green t-shirt so it's covering everything. Oh no Sky was looking at me too!? What was with everyone this morning? "It's uhm, okay, Sky, I promise." I grabbed my socks and sneakers and started putting them on. "I don't really blame anybody it's just weird how everybody's making these comments and looking at me and the worst part is I well kindoflikeitalittle." I squeaked, and then clapped a hand over my mouth as I felt my face blush a deep, deep crimson. What did I just say why did I say that!?

Oh no this is so awful! "Uhm...uhm...I gotta go...I gotta go meet Miss Langford before the scavenger hunt!" I turn to leave, shooting a helpless glance at Sky and Samantha on my way out the door. Oh please please please let this day get better!

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: -1x , Cold: -1, Volatile 1, Dark: 2x
Harm: 0/4, XP: 2/5, Conditions: Uppity

I dressed fairly quickly while everyone else was fighting for the shower. By the time I was done Jewel had come racing out of the shower and was stood chatting to Sky. I shrugged on a pair of trainers and I waited until the two of them had finished talking and said to Sky, "Ok, ready when you are." Jewel was already heading out the door. But before she could leave I turned to her and asked "wait a minute I might need your help with something please"

At Jewel's raised eyebrow I explained. "Something of mine has gone missing a little silver pendant. It was a gift from a relative so it's not worth a lot it's just it has a lot of sentimental value to me. I was wondering if I'd dropped it out there by the lake the other day when I was making a fool of myself confessing talking to you" I could feel myself starting to blush. Damnit all to hell what kind of power did this ridiculously cute girl have over me.

"I don't suppose you'd want to come and help me find it?" I asked hopefully.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Aug 2, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm: 0/4, XP: 3/5, Conditions: Klutzy

Samantha stops me on my way out, which wasn't like, terribly surprising or anything. She needs help finding her necklace? Well, that's a bit better than everyone grabbing at me and staring at me, anyway, so I nodded, a little sheepishly. "Okay, sure Samantha. Let's just meet Miss Langford and then we'll find it hopefully? Will we have time before the scavenger hunt to go look?" I guess it didn't really matter one way or another, she was my friend and if she was asking me to help her then I ought to help her out. "We'll find it, okay? It shouldn't be too hard!" I kind of brighten up at the suggestion - sure it might actually be tough but this was at least a constructive thing to do.

Still, I wanted to get out of the bunk before anybody else did anything untoward to me, so I took Samantha's hand and pulled her outside. "C'mon Sam, we gotta go meet Miss Langford first anyway, right?"

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Aug 2, 2015

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Harm: 0/4 | Experience: 1/5 | Gang: 6/6 | Conditions: Pervo

Well it sounds like I screwed that one up, sorry Rachel I guess you have one more reason to want to kil-ouch! "What the gently caress?!" I spin around to see Torli with a coiled up towel, calling me a pervert for talking to Jewel? "Have you heard of talking Torli? Probably not, I guess your mind just jumps to the dirties possible conclusion!" And now people are laughing at me? I don't have to loving take this, not on top of all the other poo poo going on for me! I grab my own towel and whip it right back at Torli, hard.

12:07:16 PM godfish lash out at Torli
12:07:19 PM godfish !r 2d6+1
12:07:20 PM Krysmbot godfish, 8+1 = 9
I'll tag X-Rated Interests to make that a 10, Torli takes one harm and Judy will take a string

Then turn my back on her, hang up the towel again and stomp towards the shower. If she wants to attack me back that's fine, I don't even care. If she doesn't, I slam the shower door shut and turn the water on, fuming.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Oh, god she's holding my hand. I should let go, but I don't want too. "Umm, sure why not." I managed to say. "Meet you at the lake later Sky," I said over my shoulder. As the two of us set off to meet our totally stupid counsellor I fell into an awkward silence with Jewel. Or at least I was until we were well out of sight of everyone else I did. Eventually though I had to say something to her "Look about the other day, I understand if you don't want anything to do with me, and I'll leave you alone it's just... I meant it." I mumbled and squeezed her hand.

[20:08] Ferrosol turn on Jewel
[20:08] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[20:08] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 9-1 = 8
string/promise/self

Please don't say no, please don't say no....

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Harm 1/4 XP 2/5 Conditions: X-Rated Interests

Ow, drat it. Well she can give it as hard as she takes it. Duly noted. I wonder if she can keep pace with me in other ways. Either way I'm not letting it stand. I'll have the last word in. She can be number two if she wants but I'm number one. And that needs to be understood right now. "Oh yeah sure. That's why you're flipping out. Because I'm so off base." I rub my welt. Ow, gently caress. "I'm sure the girls here won't judge. Don't feel like I outed you or something. Honestly you acting out only makes you look sillier."

I head into my stall and after throwing my pajamas out into the basket turn on the water. She'll have to be pretty steamed to not be drowned out I think. So she either stews over just looking like a bigger idiot or looks like an even bigger idiot. Worth the cross counter I'd say.

Shut Down, tagging pervo 9 Spending string for 10. Judy got Owned

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Harm: 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Gang: 6/6 | Conditions: Pervo, Owned

"Yeah, cause I'm the one who decided to whip mostly naked girls butts, right?" I shoot back over my should before slamming the stall door.

Spending a string to knock that down to a 9, Torli can take the condition Dominatrix

I turn the water up high and stand under the flow, letting it pour down my face, and hold my coin up to examine, staring into the dripping face of death. Who should be the most afraid of, and how can I protect myself?

Gaze into the abyss
12:48:56 PM godfish !r 2d6+1
12:48:57 PM Krysmbot godfish, 6+1 = 7
Marking exp for dark, I'll take confusing and alarming

GodFish fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Aug 3, 2015

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Harm: 0/4 | XP: 1/5 | Conditions: Bad Karma

Okay, a) Kailey is probably holding some kind of grudge and b) she has either failed to parse what I said or understood entirely and still opted to screw me over, because either way I am now out of the stall without having changed into my nicer clothes, and with my camera still stowed behind a loose brick, and -- oh goddammit this morning is moving far, far faster than is healthy, so if I'm accomplishing anything today I am accomplishing it at 2x speed. I power-walk to my bunk and snag my duffel one-handed (wearing just a towel is a terrible thing), grabbing my slightly-nicer-than-casual button-down and unworn black jeans, then catch sight of what appears to be Jewel and Sam hand-in-hand heading out the door. Seriously, did someone hit the Fast Forward button on the VCR of life?

Thankfully, not all the toilets on this side are occupied -- and they have actual doors instead of the flimsy curtains on the Community-Building Public Nudity Experience Showers, so, y'know, always a plus. I wrestle-roll everything on in the cramped bathroom until I look halfway decent. In these circumstances, it seems like the business with Anila is a little less pressing than dealing with Jewel's situation, although everything is pretty much terrible at the moment -- hell, maybe I should try to involve myself in Sky's business and figure out what her deal is; it would definitely be easier than any of these other missions, at least.

I hang a turn out the door and follow Sam and Jewel at the fullest tilt I can manage while still seeming fairly casual; around a corner and there they are (are they still holding hands? Who holds hands this long?). "Hey! Jewel, hey, hold up for a second!"

Is this tactless? This is probably pretty tactless.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm 0/4 Experience 1/5 Conditions:
Moves mimicked:

Sam and Jewel leave together hand in hand that is a clear sign of attraction I am happy to see it but also maybe a little envious? But more importantly it is therefore surprising that Esther scrambles after them I am fairly sure it is considered 'awkward' to interrupt somebody else's mating display! I open my mouth to say something funny like Kailey would because it would be fun but she is out of the room before I can think of anything.

Instead I sit back on the bottom bunk which is where Esther sleeps but I do not see why she would disapprove and finish putting on my boots they make my legs so heavy but human feet are delicate so you have to be careful in the forest. I still feel a little nervous when I look at her what if she decides to keep questioning me or tells somebody else that I am suspicious? I will have to face my fear talk to her and convince her not to tell maybe I could tell her a little more of the truth to help her trust me or maybe I could use some secret of hers as leverage?

I sit down on the floor since being in Esther's territory is making me uneasy and I try to think like Raven with my mind open to the world and my thoughts spreading out like the bones of our wings. I know so little about any individual human let alone Esther specifically but I am sure if I think carefully I will remember some clue to something hidden some weakness or some secret or anything that will help me with her...

Gaze into the Abyss: 2d6+1 9
Let's have some confusing and alarming visions about Esther. What could possibly go wrong?

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Sam squeezing my hand makes me pause for a moment, and I turn and look and she's all flustered and stuff. I can't really help but smile...and uhm, bite my lip a little as I remember the dream Sam from before I woke up.

Samantha can have a string

"Samantha, I promise I'm not going to ditch you, okay?" I meant it, too. Even if I wasn't sure about, you know, what she was saying, she was nice, and lonely, and I wouldn't want her to get ditched.

And then Esther's running up, so let Samantha's hand go and wave at Esther, instead. "Hey Esther!" Esther's been pretty cool, we've just been buds, really, this whole time. It's kind of nice to have someone around that I'm not worried about her getting the wrong idea about everything. Not sure what she wanted but I didn't want her to get the wrong idea about Samantha and I, so I gave Esther a tight hug before anyone said or did anything else. "What's up?" I asked her.

Accidentally turning on Esther

<LifeGetsWorser> Turning on Esther
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 5+1 = 6
<LifeGetsWorser> D:
<LifeGetsWorser> I can spend a string!

So I will. Make it a 7. Self/string/promise from Esther

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Harm 0/4 | XP 1/5 | Conditions: Bad Karma

As I catch up, Jewel finally breaks with Sam and waves. Thank -- wait, and a hug out of nowhere.

Jewel is an intense hugger with wholly innocent motives, and her hair is still a little wet from the shower. Um.

Jewel can have a promise of something Esther thinks she wants -- privacy.

I hug back a little (never really sure what to do with my arms in these situations (not too much!!)) before breaking the embrace and stepping back, taking a moment to compose myself. "Hey, uh -- sorry to hold you up, I won't keep you two, I swear, but I just wanted to check whether you were alright. That whole series of events in the showers seemed a little cataclysmic, and I was worried..." Okay, good lead-in, but you're not getting into the "curse" thing this close to the subject of said, Esther. Rain check (ha ha). "And also, well, I realize this almost certainly isn't a good time, but would you mind visiting me later on -- just us?" (Wait, poo poo poo poo poo poo that's a terrible way to phrase a legitimately innocent request but it's already out of my mouth, am I blushing, why did I think I needed to wear nice clothes these signals are mixing at an unsustainable rate...!) "Nothing weird, just to talk to you! Just... talk."

<MetalForehead> unintentional turn-on on
Jewel <MetalForehead> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> MetalForehead, 8-1 = 7

Promise, string or self.

poo poo poo poo poo poo phrasing -- wait, I also need to talk to Sam, thank you god for an exit clause. "Sam, also," I say, shifting my gaze, "if it's cool, we could talk, maybe? Sometime during the scavenger hunt, or afterwards? Nothing serious -- just figuring some things out, and I think you could help me."

Poltergrift fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Aug 3, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harm: 0/4 XP: 2/5 Conditions: Gratuitous

While this is both a super releaxing and productive (coming up with some good schemes here!) shower, it sounds an awful lot like everyone else is almost done getting dressed! Ahhh, there's prep-work to be done!

Shutting the shower off and then hastily wrapping a towel around me, I look around and pillage someone else's slightly-dry towel for my hair. Whatever, it's gonna be a mess today - kinda like that actually! I'll change into my clothes in a second, for now I'm enjoying being dressed in towels and besides there's some fun to be had. Since it's just me and Torli, and messing with her is a rush - it reminds me of that one Bugs Bunny episode, the one where he was a bullfighter - I creep on over to her shower stall, then grab the curtains and fling them totally open all at once. Bet Torli didn't expect someone doing that this morning!

"Morning Torli!" I wave at her, clutching my towel up with one hand and acting like her getting ambushed in the shower is just one of those things that happens. Judy said something about her whipping girl's butts earlier? That sounds like a good thing to use.

"Just making sure you weren't going all Weird Porno Dominatrix on someone in here, we've all seen the magazines you like." What the hell, I waggle a finger at her too. "If you were I bet the safeword would be like, Giganta, right?" Probably time for me to start running, but I wanna see her reaction!

<Rauri> Shut down Torli, tagging Dominatrix
<Rauri> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 2 = 2
<Rauri> bwahahahaha
xp get.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Aug 3, 2015

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I was expecting Judy to try to sneak up on be to continue the blood feud, not the camp clown. The joke's on her though because I was expecting someone it's actually me with the element of surprise. She gives her lame rear end jab and I just grab her by the hand and yank her into the stall with me. I press her against the back wall and loom over her. "If you're looking for action you're found it. It's much more fun to be a part of it than the audience. Can you squeal like a pig, girl?" I laugh at her. Let's see if she can take the heat.

Turning Kailey on by being completely gratuitous 12 Gaining a string

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

So one second I'm throwing second-rate material at Torli, the next I've been grabbed by Amazon-woman and am at the back of her very much still running shower, her looming over me to boot. "Ahh!" I remark instantly - dammit I just started to get dry! That's more irritating than it is funny. At least the one around me starts to cling to me, though I still need to hold it up - the one I'd hoped to use to dry my hair is soaked and worthless.

Turning back around in the cramped shower, Torli's blocking out the light and being all naked and wet and huge and stuff. I'm like, head-level with her tits and they're right in my face. It'd be pleasantly distracting if not for the Deliverance-references she's making. That's not a fun scenario to recreate!

It's kinda hard to tell if she's serious or not. That's actually kind appealing to me, in a hosed up sort of way. I'm certainly blushing, but hopefully she thinks it's just from the hot shower I've ended up in. "Uhh, guess you did like those magazines." Exaggeratedly moving so as to be able to peer around her, I nervously ask "I'm more a hyena-laugh type. Let's save the animal noises for another time?"

poo poo, I still need to get dressed! And dried off again! Maybe tangling with Torli wasn't the best idea I've ever had...

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I laugh. "Just playing along with the joke." I pull her into a noogie. "If you want to borrow the mags let me know. You seem pretty fixated on their material." I let go of her and turn off the water. I glance back at her and think I should try to save myself some grief down the line. "So do you have any plans in for the scavenger hunt? We might make a good team." She's the enterprising sort of gently caress with the other teams I'm sure. "I could provide pretty good cover if you have any clever ideas." Better them than me.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm: 0/4, XP: 2/5, Conditions: Klutzy, Easily Groped

Gulp!

Oh no, Esther's hinting at wanting something else, too!? Is everybody in Cabin 6 in heat, or is this some sort of elaborate prank? Did Kailey put everybody up to this?!

Okay, ok calm down Jewel, it could be nothing, you could be misreading it. I never noticed Esther was so pretty too, in that grunge, Nirvana sort of way.

Ohmygosh what I am thinking? I shake my head and try not to blush. It's nothing, it's probably nothing! I nod as I let go of her. "Oh, okay Esther, after the scavenger hunt maybe? I'll definitely come chat with you when we get a moment to, okay?"

Promising I will come speak with Esther alone just as soon as I can!

"But Samantha and I gotta get to Miss Langford! I don't want to be late for the activities for today!" I exclaim and hurry past Esther, smiling at Samantha as I head down towards the fire pit.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Aug 3, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

"Hey you broke character first!" That totally counts as salvaging my control of things. Still, hadn't really considered Torli as a potential teammate. Pondering the option for a moment or two, it wouldn't be so bad. She's no Emma, but at least she's recognized that it's better to participate in my fun little games than it is to be the target of them. "Hmm... maybe? Just checking, you don't actually care about it right?"

Sliding past her - and barely resisting the urge to ask if it takes her a long time to shower because there's so much of her - I retrieve my change of clothes, relieved that they're dry. It's hard to get dressed in a dignified way and my towel's too soaked to be of much help, so I think my t-shirt and shorts are gonna need to sun-dry. Same with my hair. Awww.

Finally finished dressing, I hang the super-soaked towels up and shake my head a few times to get some of the moisture out of it. Before I go though, maybe Torli's down to do me a favor? "Anyways, Geri's probably gonna be really mad when we get there since she's lame." Well actually she's not so bad, so I'll be a bit more truthful. "And since I sent her to the wrong shower this morning. If anybody asks, you were in the main room and don't remember me saying anything to her, ok? Thanks!"

Giving Jewel Easily Groped, via Fox and Crane, from earlier.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Aug 3, 2015

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

"Sure, I guess?" What did she want with me? She's not said much at all while we've been in camp together. But I can see the way she's looking at Jewel. Not that I blame her, Jewel is well worth looking at. If she's going to try and keep me away from her though she'll have a fight on her hands because Jewel's the one thing that makes this stupid camp worthwhile.

She smiled at me again but she still wants to go and see Rosie, oh well might as well get it over with while she still remembers I exist.

I turned to Jewel as we were walkling along and said "Are you sure you want to help me find my pendant? If you'd rather go on the scavenger hunt I understand it's just I could use the help."

spending a string to offer Jewel an XP to help me look"

I was still pondering though while we were walking what did Esther want. Why had she suddenly remembered I exist?

Gaze about Esther: 2d6+2 10
[i]the visions are lucid and detailed, the visions cure you of a condition Uppity

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I throw on my clothes for the day in tandem with Kailey. She seems interested but unconvinced about an alliance. I'll just sweeten the pot with something I'd be willing to share anyway. "Oh yeah? Well while we're sharing fun facts I got a case of Sam Adams and I was thinking of sharing some hydration with my partner." I shrug "Not that I care about coming in first. But might as well have some fun with it, yeah?"

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Kailey, in the heat of the shower a thought occurs, that it does, a most devious thought indeed. The counselors are bound to've hidden some stuff around the trails, and most people have trouble finding their way around out there on the best of days -- lucky there's that big signpost by the picnic tables, huh? What a shame it would be if somebody hosed around with it and got those poor saps all turned around out there in the woods! If you skipped the morning ceremonies, you'd have about fifteen minutes' head start... heh heh heh.

+1 forward to getting people lost in the forest. Also, Torli takes a String on you.

Judy, the coin certainly is beautiful, isn't it? The soft color, the luxuriant reflections... you turn it around, transfixed. Upon the reverse is an eagle, carved in exquisite relief as it tears the still-beating heart from a dying rabbit. A second rabbit looks on: when the shadow of the predator falls upon you, any blood is better than your own, is it not? Blood, yes. Blood? Oh God, blood! A torrent of crimson pours from the shower-head, soaking you, staining you, it's everywhere! ...you snap out of it, your ears ringing as you struggle for breath. The coin clatters to the floor, shining.

Water pours down your back, but you may never be clean.

Sky, you try to picture Esther's face within your mind's eye, but... it's difficult. Hazy. It's hard to see through such a terrible rainstorm; the sky hurls its fury down upon you, but Esther only turns away, the pounding rain a halo around her shoulders. You fly behind her, through the thunder-lit forest, to where the hungry smell of burning mixes with the coiling smell of the rain and baleful light flickers through the trees: there, a cabin, crumbling beneath a roaring flame that hisses at the impertinent downpour. You try to call out, but Esther can't hear you over the crackling of the inferno. She strides, unafraid, into the heart of the fire.

Samantha, did Esther remember you? Your mind flies back to that day by the lake when you confessed to Jewel. But... no, this is strange. You're watching yourself -- through the eyes of another. Of someone who sees in words, thinks in burning white. And, now you think of it, it was nice and sunny that day, right? Then why do you remember it raining? How bizarre, such a strange memory... but someone saw you. And someone whispered it in the ear of dear Esther.

You've cut it rather close, but most of you eventually manage to dress yourselves and head out to the fire circle. Most of the counselors are hanging around, talking to their campers and generally livening the mood. Colby's not around yet, though, so the Dragonflies are just sitting in a disorganized clump, groaning about having to be up so early. As the stragglers are filtering in, Big Ross (the guy in charge of outdoorsy activities like this) goes into his spiel about rules and safety and how the scavenger hunt's gonna go. Stick with your partner, don't go past Rabbit Bridge, shout for help if you get lost -- yada yada yada.

Meanwhile the other counselors run around passing out lists and pointing people towards their partners. "All right, kiddos, ya'll've got 'til lunchtime! Get together with your partner, make a plan, and ya'll can get goin' as soon as you're ready!" A few of the keener kids take off, hoping to get ahead of the game. What do you do?

Judy and Torli, you end up partnered with each other. Won't that be fun! What on your list will be hardest to find? Judy, who do you spot acting suspiciously during Ross's speech? Where do you think you guys should search first? You notice Jamie and Esther got matched up -- how about that, huh. Torli, how much do you know about Judy's little gang? Which other cabin are the Dragonflies rivals with? Are you gonna stick with Judy or try to ditch her?

Esther, a scrawny counselor you've never met introduces you to your partner, a dreadlocked girl called Jamie Mitchell. Jamie looks like she hasn't slept in days, but gives you a watery smile: "Nice to meet you -- you're one of Judy's roommates, right? I've never done a scavenger hunt before, I'm going to be no help at all." What about her reminds you of the Girl in Bunk C? Anila and her partner end up near you as they prepare to head out -- who's she partnered with?

Sky, you're still distracted by thought of your vision when someone taps you on the shoulder. "Hey, I think you're my partner, you're, uh, Sky, right? I'm Jake; I, uh." He's obviously kind of nervous, and inspects the sheet in order to avoid looking directly at you. "So, uh, I thought we might, like. Cross the lake and check over there since we've got, uhm, 'a green fishing lure' on our list and there's that one shed over there, you know." What do you think of him? Can you swim in this body?

Kailey, you only manage to catch the start of Ross's little speech before you slip out into the woods. But you're not the only one playing hooky -- who do you run into on the path? And what animal do you encounter, in the solitude of the morning woods?

Sam and Jewel, Miss Langford checks her watch pointedly as you approach, but says: "Thank you for coming, girls. We just wanted to ask you a few questions, okay?" She leads you away from the fire pit, up to the Counselors' Office. A couple of counselors are getting their stuff together in preparation for the scavenger hunt; Jacob, the camp's nurse, greets Rosie and gives you a sympathetic smile. You notice Geri sitting on a bench, awaiting judgement -- looks like she's been crying -- but Miss Langford takes you into another room, where a man in a ranger's outfit is reading a file. Colby's sitting in the corner, looking concerned. The ranger stands: "Good morning, ladies. Ethan Weaver, NPS." He offers his hand to shake, then slides a photo onto the desk. "I'm in charge of making sure things are safe for everybody here at Echo Lake. Don't worry, you're not in trouble." Rosie rolls her eyes at that. "I was just wondering if you know anything about this young lady -- Lyn Sterling. Did you maybe see her anytime last Friday?"

megane fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Aug 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Harm: 0/4 | Experience: 3/5 | Gang: 6/6 | Conditions: Pervo, Owned

An Eagle... I'm not sure who that could be, as a hunter, Richard? Or a reference to the military, Daniel, we always said he had Eagle eyes? A free spirit could be Alex? The rabbit could be anyone, and obviously, I'm the second one... So, my way to survive is to offer others? I shudder, and then the blood comes in a torrent, drenching me in the blood of my friends. When escape finally comes, I sag against the wall of the stall, gasping for breath, and press my head hard against the cold metal. How can I keep going on like this?

I leave the coin behind on the floor of the shower, but by the time I'm dressed its back in my pocket.

--

I couldn't see Rachel around, or Sam, so maybe she found her and got a chance to talk? I hope I didn't screw things up too badly for her... Jamie and Esther, well... I'll be able to ask Esther how Jamie is doing I suppose. She's probably worried, but I know she'd never try anything... Richard isn't here at all as far as I can see either, did someone get him? He's so tall its hard to miss him, but maybe he had to go talk to a counselor like Sam. Daniel wasn't paying attention to Ross at all from what I could see, he was scanning the crowd like I was, trying to keep an eye on everyone, or something else? Completely unrelated to any of my friends, I also noticed Luke ...Smith?.. huddled together with a pale, feline looking girl whose name I don't know, having an uncomfortable looking conversation. He kept glancing towards Kailey until she vanished, and she was looking more and more irritated as it went on. No idea what that was about.

I'm not too happy with being grouped up with Torli, not after the showers, but I can't help but be relieved all the same. Nothing she happen to me -from anyone else- with her around, I think. I hold out my hand awkwardly once we've been dismissed, "Sorry about the hitting and dominatrix thing this morning Torli, had a bad night sleep. I'm up for forgetting about it if you are?" I give her my best attempt at a winning smile, not sure how good it is though.

3:48:27 PM godfish turn on Torli
3:48:30 PM godfish !r 2d6
3:48:30 PM Krysmbot godfish, 5 = 5
I'll tag Dominatrix and spend a string to make that a 7
promise/self/string

• Locked thread