Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

In 11,000 nights of 10957.3 days,
A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A have confusingly digressed,
Their √(heroism)= meekness^ nerves
As results:
#1: while from @7 until @7, their women
[9A dots+ inside a green room+ beneath the bright sun+ under the blue sky]
<99.99%> each year child * by any other child,
#2:
A leaves, A comes, A changes dress, A slams the door, A slaps,
A enters her body, A behaves like a child, A leaves.
#3: evening: fear of nightfall +#1+#2, results
#4: midnight: [two A dots+ inside the crimson room+ the crescent moon+ a star]
A leaves at midnight, A born dead. The last A never comes again.
A is dead, A is dead, A is d..., A is …, A is…., A …, A…, A…………., [breathe]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

code:
#include <stdio.h>

int Hello = 1;
int World = 0;
int True = 1;

main()
{
  int happy = True;

if (happy = True) {
    World = 1;
  } else {
    World = 0;
  }

int Title, line_1, line_2, line_3, line_4 = Hello;
  int line_5, line_6, line_7, line_8, line_9 = World;

int The_, Man_, who, Changed, Everything = Title;
  int There, once, was, _a, man, _who, changed, everything = line_1;
  int He, opened, our, eyes, so, that, we, could, see = line_2;
  int The, vast, forest, in, the, language, C = line_3;
  int He_, did, _not, want, _to, put_, a_, price, on_, anything = line_4;
  int Unlike, t_h_e, others, who_, sold, _everything = line_5;
  int Open_source, projects, _and, Unix, live, _o_n_ = line_6;
  int As_, we_, _continue, to, code, _on = line_7;
  int _W_e_, _wil_l, always_, remember, _th_e, m_an_, _w_h_o_, said, helloworld = line_8;
  int _He_is_the_, _one_, _and_, _only_, Dennis, Ritchie = line_9;

if (Title, line_1, line_2, line_3, line_4 = Hello) {
    printf("\n");
    printf("                    The Man who Changed Everything       \n");
    printf("\n");
    printf("\n");
    printf("             There once was a man who changed everything \n");
    printf("\n");
    printf("             He opened our eyes so that we could see \n");
    printf("             The vast forest in the language, C \n");
    printf("\n");
    printf("             He didn't want to put a price on anything\n");
  }
  if (line_5, line_6, line_7, line_8, line_9 = World) {
    printf("             Unlike the others who sold everything\n");
    printf("\n");
    printf("             Open-source projects and Unix still live on\n");
    printf("             As we continue to code on\n");
    printf("\n");
    printf("             We will always remember the man who said ''Hello World''\n");
    printf("             He is the one and only, Dennis Ritchie.\n");
  }

getchar();
}

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i read plays for a living OP

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Smythe posted:

have you read any good ones about proper indentation in c++?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

code:
'''
The circumstances
'''
def bemoan():
        print('Alas!')
our_lives_must = ['end']
the_suffering = [True]        # Read as "the suff'ring"
she = 'loves you'
love = 'a string of memories'
alone = bemoan
alas = alone

'''
The lament
'''
for poetry in the_suffering:
        bemoan()
for variables in our_lives_must:
        pass
if None and 1 or 1 and None:
        alone()
if love.split() or she.replace('you', ''):
        alas()
try:
        the_suffering.escape() and love.admit()
except:
        for one_day in our_lives_must:
                quit()

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
sure, here's mine

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
actually, code is...

FART!

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Constant Hamprince posted:

actually, code is...

FART!

dang, that came out of nowhere

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Constant Hamprince posted:

actually, code is...

FART!

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
someone post the blog about coders wanna be called artists cuz artists get laid

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
it was a funny rant about some lisp fanatic gaywad

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
imo the best is the facebook post where they're all proud that they managed to get their garbage code to run on most androids through a bunch of stupid hacks so they could get their glorified RSS feed to work

titaniumone
Jun 10, 2001

There are lots of ΰ la carte software environments in this world. Places where in order to eat, you must first carefully look over the menu of options to order exactly what you want. I want this for my ORM, I want that for my template language, and let's finish it off with this routing library. Of course, you're going to have to know what you want, and you'll rarely have your horizon expanded if you always order the same thing, but there it is. It's a very popular way of consuming software.

Rails is not that. Rails is omakase. A team of chefs picked out the ingredients, designed the APIs, and arranged the order of consumption on your behalf according to their idea of what would make for a tasty full-stack framework. The menu can be both personal and quirky. It isn't designed to appeal to the taste of everyone, everywhere.

That doesn't mean patrons can't express exceptions. Substitutions are allowed, within reason. So you don't like test/unit? No problem, bring your own rspec. Don't care for CoffeeScript as a dessert? Delete a single line from your Gemfile.

Hell, the menu is even open for suggestions. Good ideas are good ideas regardless of where they come from. But there's a fine line between a friendly suggestion and a belligerent diner. That line is usually exposed when the suggestion is declined: "I'm sorry, but hotdogs don't really fit our sushi menu, and while you may not care for unagi, we picked it for a reason. But thanks for the suggestions!". If only most arguments about the menu would stop there.

But they don't, do they? They usually carry on and on. BUT I REALLY DON'T LIKE UNAGI!!! IT'S OFFENDING MY TASTE BUDS THAT IT'S PART OF THE DEFAULT COURSE SETTING. TAKE IT OOOOOOFFFFF!! Okay, buddy, sit down and have a sake.

When we, or in some cases I — as the head chef of the omakase experience that is Rails — decide to include a dish, it's usually based on our distilled tastes and preferences. I've worked in this establishment for a decade. I've poured well in the excess of ten thousand hours into Rails. This doesn't make my tastes right for you, but it certainly means that they're well formed.

We can disagree about what's a tasty feature, but the conclusion is likely to be "then don't eat that". This is doubly so if you're a first-time patron. The less time you've spent in our establishment, and the further away you are from helping out in the kitchen, the less weight your opinion will carry. Especially if it's expressed in a loud, obnoxious fashion.

This rubs some people the wrong way. "But my opinion is as valid as yours!". No, really, it's not. Your opinion is valid for you, but most certainly not for the menu I've designed in this restaurant. The power you always have is to vote with your feet. If most things on the menu disgust you, what on earth are you still doing at the table? The door is right over there, try not to slam it on your way out.

If you want to have a long-term impact on the design of the menu of Rails, you'll have to work your way up to that. We added three more people to the Rails core group this week who did just that. They either showed up with a "what can I do to help?" directive or with a "here's a dish I've designed, have a taste and see if you like it". Nobody ever got to have a meaningful impact on the direction of Rails by contributing no code and just showing up in a Github comment thread and yelling about the evils of CoffeeScript.

Given the futility of this behavior, it's worth pondering why some people choose to engage in it? My pet theory is that it feels like meaningful activism in the moment. They haven't really paid much attention to how things are run on a day-to-day basis, but here's an opportunity to paint some signs and get on the barricades. Yeah, I've done my part! I've taken a stand! Down with.. uhm.. Turbolinks? Or was it CoffeeScript we're protesting this week? Or Bundler? Oh gently caress it, down with SOMETHING! YEAH!!!

At the end of the day, it's worth looking at the bigger picture. Do I generally like what's being served in this establishment? Can I express my differences as exceptions or substitutions to the few things I don't care for? If so, then maybe I should give the chefs in the kitchen the benefit of assuming that they are working on what they truly think is the best way to go. It doesn't mean I'll have to like everything, but I can give up thinking it's a conspiracy to make the world love unagi as a sick joke.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Smythe posted:

ty 4 keeping the arts alive

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

not if youve seen my code, op

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Ludwig van Halen posted:

not if youve seen my code, op

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

PLATONIC ANAL VORE posted:

ty 4 keeping the arts alive

smythe also keeps my farts alive, they waft around haunting the pos

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/get-netcats-cycles-per-instruction-kernel-module-edition/

this is some pretty artful code i tell u wat

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
"hey just go ahead and follow these ten easy steps to add a kernel module, people who apparently need an explanation of the use of control-c in a terminal"

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

someone post the blog about coders wanna be called artists cuz artists get laid

actual artists are hot tho and sometimes they draw nudes

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
my code reads like a book. there's even a twist ending.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I'm a code poet

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
Perl code:
BEFOREHAND: close door, each window & exit; wait until time.
    open spellbook, study, read (scan, select, tell us);
write it, print the hex while each watches,
    reverse its length, write again;
    kill spiders, pop them, chop, split, kill them.
        unlink arms, shift, wait & listen (listening, wait),
sort the flock (then, warn the "goats" & kill the "sheep");
    kill them, dump qualms, shift moralities,
    values aside, each one;
        die sheep! die to reverse the system
        you accept (reject, respect);
next step,
    kill the next sacrifice, each sacrifice,
    wait, redo ritual until "all the spirits are pleased";
    do it ("as they say").
do it(*everyone***must***participate***in***forbidden**s*e*x*).
return last victim; package body;
    exit crypt (time, times & "half a time") & close it,
    select (quickly) & warn your next victim;
AFTERWARDS: tell nobody.
    wait, wait until time;
    wait until next year, next decade;
        sleep, sleep, die yourself,
        die at last

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

people who say code is art have never read someone else's assembly code

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
code:
                #include<stdio.h>/*IOCCC2014            2014    2014    IOCCC2014IOCCC2014IOCCC201*/
                char*s="\"nsu{AntynCnuq}Bnu{            sEot    ln>b    )+c^g+@`+]_osk{;j@bkg&c<'^o\
                r'Q]                    bh'l    vQ^k                    g&c:                    %n|\
                N]_o                    ptj9    lwg+                    )d:b                    kg$\
                c8#^    #g+)d8`a%g+)    d8`_                g&;bh'oq    Q^)g    +&kcNlyMc+)d    8`a\
                `g+@    u)|d8ak=bl}(    Q^og                (O{MK6lM    L(rR    pOpM866OsRlm    N(q\
                Q]##    OsR#M_(lQoOa    N9$m    vOwwRor~        }(cN    mkM:    q(Q]%_(uU]}_    {8b\
                %mRh    #S^`#mOaaD%/    RI4$    4SNH$%N4        RlMG    /2MJ    24O3NF(tQ?1l    N*N\
                +Q]l    mq9l8b$^#h$#    .d,d    xv#mSOPm    R8`/        lM;b    h&^/lM:k8b%&    Q^-\
                h%c9    .#,/&N$McPc%    -d8,    $c8``7:b    %^h%        :79b    $^%$7ON8r%Qr    h$Q\
                On%q                    N%O~        M$qN$OMp    RmPQ    O%rQ                    $rQ\
                MkQN                    77O#        dj#Nkd$7    O%d8    ``(r                    RmM\
                :(luN](%mRMmO%lNRmO_loa8%%O<    b(lQ    h'lQ    O^ln    ;b'%N&O^6sN#M9slltwzh&TmS$'\
                %R#ON$oNS&pRM7O$'%S#ON$oNS&p    SMd9    ``(t    pkO9    $:nk8b#^%}kx#O%lMtpk#OQOP:#\
                                                mR8`}(qQ        O<b\
                                                '7M{N^kh        'Q]\
                    7sN'    M8q;k'N_7vN'nSM8    'nR;    $%M'    TamS&7O#d#7O    &d8`z9b$    ^h$\
                    rQ]6    yN$_$$pQaM8m{px$    TmSt    6O#N    sM$nRmUd#7Os    d77sNOsd    8`j\
                =nk;        |8k9    b1g(    Q^)$c:%]    k*Q]g$9%_h*]+wnS        _+sTaa:&%{R\
                M<%{        S{O_    &<#w    kP8#a;'(    0d:`184>b)^15)OM        :23h)QN<'/M\
                    =b(^'h(Q]0h#    c_kah%0d9`b'/O(Q^(/SlM90%M(/            RM;&    $c&kckQ,    -$c\
                    .&kccMcOP$&d    9g(=``6:69j=b5g(Q^3(2lNUO<b4            'Q^s    ;b&^%%pQ    M8k\
                        $7O#cQ]0(2(Q]'2O    3'Q]'_3a    N_1'    5OMaMch&T$mR#nRMPmSk    U$7\
                        O#d8_a%%mS]l_%mR    mS]$]h$9    j_la    _$6N]g$9j_laaaN:`g'<    ``7\
                oM:6%N9b%g$Q        ^6%N8b%g    #Q^l            peoqemtemw#jQ7#QO$jQ    O7$Q    Ok#\
                $7OMQ]k_#$7O        ckQaOrON    epne            luelue`lpeoqempepneu    e`kf    _a`\
                                                lf))    *+,**,*)-)/),0).0(6/2+667,(&    $##\
                                                #;=@    D*0;#include<stdio.h>@intYH[    9`%\
                .],*s,*c,d,t;`;'main(`-9n,ch            ar*v    []){        for(s=c=    H+3`XI;\
                (*++s=Q[d++]););for(;n>1&&(*            ++s=    v[1]        [tgANs=H    ;d=*c++\
                %93,                    d-9;    ){in    tYv=*s,g        []={    n+v,        v-n,n*_\
                ,#^_                    ,,<v    ,n?v    /n:0`,#%        `,,v    >>n,        v==n}ay\
                >t=0    ;d<4&&d>=2*!    !n&&    (c-=d/3*2_KK3+*c++,t||v!=98+d);)        t+=v++/6-16\
                ?0:v    /2%3-1cq*d-1    4;t>    0_t$<3_z(105<*c_X'=t*21aq@-106;n        =d>76?s--,g\
                [d-7    7]:d>55?H_1)    21]=    n,*_@_8(        9?*++s_4&12>d_C`f3]+=21-d*2\
                :d<3    4?t:_Zadat57    <d?p    utchar(n        ),v:6<a](g+99]=a{d2#:`xa6,n\
                ;}re    turnY_.",*p,    b,d[        9338    ],*q,x,*r=d;            int main(){;for(
                p=q=    5000+0+d;*s;    s++)        if(*    s>32)*p++=*s            -89?*s:32;for(p=
                1152                    +q;(    b=*p++);){for(d[17]=            10;x    =*p++,b<
                92&&                    34<b    --;*r++=x)if(x==9*9)            for(    ;*q;x=34
                )*r++=*q++;for(p-=b<92;b-->4        *23;r++)    *r=r[36-    x];}puts    (d);
                return(0);}/*IOCCC2014IOCCC2        014IOCCC    2014IOCC    C2014IOC    CC*/

• Locked thread